China wont attack India: PM

lcatejas

Again made in china promise....whole world know about made in china :pound:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sir,
This drama of offensive role is just to mislead Indian public. One needs minimum 20 divisions to launch a credible offensive into Tibet. We are drumming up raising two divisions. Infantry resources are woefully short in India and maximum Indian Defense budget in capital outlay goes towards equipment and so called modernisation.

With four new Infantry division, India will be able to fight one and a half defensive holding war against China and Pakistan. They are not afraid of increment of one odd division.

India unwisely is delaying militarisation of CPOs who could make up for defensive troops. India will also face peculier war waged inside India when our border will be under attack. While not being in favour of raising more Army strength, India needs to undertake following tasks at priority:

# Militarise officer Cadre of CPO.
# Militarise command and control structure of CPOs.
# Convert four RR Forces in J&K to military offensive / defensive structures with all support elements.
# Introduce RMA elements opposite Tibet.

India needs to lay emphasis on augmentation and modernisation of IAF and IN specially through indigenous efforts and resources.
Sir,

When i talk about offensive capabilities i dont mean over running Tibet but having enough resources and capability to attack the other side and hold a bit of their land that we can leverage.

agentperry

same nehru said in 1961. it means 2012 prediction can come true any moment next year.

RedDragon

We should prepare to fight in Tibet. We are prepared/preparing to defend Arunchal Pradesh.

IMO, Arunchal Pradesh and Uttrakhand are safe and China can't do anything.

Some danger in Leh and Sikkim.
And we will prepare curry beef for you in tibet.

RedDragon

By 2016-2017 for China specific,

-We will have 1 Strike Corps with 3-4 mountain division in N-E. (60,000 troops) [By 2016]
-2 independent brigadier in Uttrakhand, Leh with 10,000 strength each. [By 2016]

-3 more Sukhoi 30 MKI squadron and 1 MMRCA at Jorhat,Guwhati (Assam), Kalaikunda & Kolkatta/Siliguri (W.B.) [by 2016]
-100 LCH/Apache/Rudra in N-E [by 2015-2016].

-1,000 Akash Missile (1 Regiment) for Army at N-E [by 2015.]
-750 Akash Missiles for 6 Airforce bases in N-E [by 2015.]
- Few system of SpyDer (SR) and Barak-8 (LR) and Maitri/MBDA for IA and IAF by [2015]

6 C-130J, Few C-17, 50+ Mi-17, Heavy life heli like Chinook for N-E [by 2015].

2 AWACS Phalcon/DRDO by [2015-2016] for N-E.

Artillery, Tanks, Howtizar, 2 Regiment of Brahmos,Agni-3,5, Prahar, Nag Missile, MKI with Brahmos, Astra Missile, Novator, LUH, ABM Shield all will be inducted by 2015. Airfield modernization, Installation of ordered Radars, New airfield and 75% of Infrastructure development will also be completed by 2015.

So, Everything is planned and most likely we will be strong enough by 2015-2016. As of now, Our Strategy is defensive which justifies also with our current pathetic capability.
What will China have in 2016-2017? Just some copied junks. :rofl:

I'm really worried how to defend the mighty India weapon with our copied junks.

venkat

Nehruji was heart broken and died because of back stabbing by Chou-en-Lier who lied that China would never attack india !!!! Long Live MMS sahab!!!:hail:

RedDragon

Galaxy,
You must remember the deploybility factor in those areas. We can have formations bunched up like sardines in a can.
When you mention strike corps - then you must have all the assets that go with it.
But why do we need a strike corps in Arunachal? What is our military aim? A strike corps strikes into the enemy - do we have the overall ability and political will to take a fight into China. No.

Our aim is to ensure "no PLA invasion". For this we have holding formations and strategic assets in place.
Good points.

I remember in the Art of War, Sun Tsu had said something about this -- a force is not enough to attack but more than enough to defend. But I forget the detail.

Ray, do you remember the detail?

RedDragon

Even if China attacks from GB/Aksai Chin into Uttrakhand/H.P./J&K or from east front into Sikkim/A.P., Then also there will be lots of blood shed and we will suffer major loss in air-strike.

What we will do ?? Attack into 300 Km empty land of Tibet ?

This is 2011 and not 1962 or 1967.
I must say that in 1962, China are even poor than India and Chinese army is even worse equipped than India army.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I must say that in 1962, China are even poor than India and Chinese army is even worse equipped than India army.
I doubt that. CCP is not dumb enough to send rag tag Chinese slaves to fight at those heights; however, you can count on PLA's numerical superiority in 1962, at times it was 1:100 against a small Indian picket; though we had Nehru and you had CCP (or should I say you also had shameless nehru) which was the main cause of debacle.

RedDragon

I doubt that. CCP is not dumb enough to send rag tag Chinese slaves to fight at those heights; however, you can count on PLA's numerical superiority in 1962, at times it was 1:100 against a small Indian picket; though we had Nehru and you had CCP (or should I say you also had shameless nehru) which was the main cause of debacle.
I think it is because good plan and command, and above all, the skillful and brave solders. At that time, although the country is very poor, but people are very patriotic and willing to lost everything for the country.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think it is because good plan and command, and above all, the skillful and brave solders. At that time, although the country is very poor, but people are very patriotic and willing to lost everything for the country.
The plan was not good.

What was good was Mao's expertise in guerilla warfare that was ingenuously transformed in the conventional warfare format.

There was nothing skilled about the soldiery since it was totally conventional in approach.

ice berg

Neither Kashmiries nor the Maoists are fighting for separation. But Tibetans are fighting for independence and succession. There is lot of difference my boy !
It seems his holiness disagrees with you. Try to educate yourself first, boy.

Q&A about the Dalai Lama - World news - Asia-Pacific - China - msnbc.com
Whether going before the United Nations to publicize the plight of Tibetans under Chinese rule or appearing in events with Hollywood celebrities, the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibetan Buddhism has become a familiar face to many Westerners. Here are answers to some essential questions about the first Lama to visit the West:
Who is the Dalai Lama?
The Dalai Lama is considered the head monk of Tibetan Buddhism and, by tradition, is responsible for governing the Himalayan country. The 14[SUP]th[/SUP] Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, was born Lhamo Dhondub to a farming family in a northeastern Tibetan village in 1935. Buddhist officials recognized him as the reincarnation of the 13th Dalai Lama when he was two years old. Buddhists believe the successive Dalai Lamas form a lineage back to the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] century.
How does China view the Dalai Lama?
China, which has ruled Tibet with a heavy hand since its forces invaded in 1951, considers the Dalai Lama a separatist and traitor for advocating Tibetan self-rule. The Dalai Lama remains immensely popular in Tibet. The Dalai Lama has led an effective government-in-exile based in India since fleeing his homeland in 1959 amid a failed Tibetan uprising against Chinese rule.
What does the Dalai Lama advocate?
The Dalai Lama states on his Web site that he does not seek to separate Tibet from China, but rather advocates a "middle-way approach whereby Tibet remains within the People's Republic of China enjoying a high degree of self-rule or autonomy."

• What is the Dalai Lama's spiritual significance?
      According to Buddhist belief, the Dalai Lamas are earthly incarnations of Avalokiteshvara or Chenrezig, the bodhisattva of compassion and patron saint of Tibet. In Buddhist tradition, bodhisattvas are enlightened beings who chose rebirth, rather than moving on to the afterlife, in order to serve humanity. As such, the Dalai Lama is considered the spiritual leader of Tibet and one of Buddhism's most important leaders anywhere.
What is the Dalai Lama's political significance?
The Dalai Lama traditionally claims to be head of Tibet's government. He has sought to publicize the plight of Tibetans on the global stage. The Dalai Lama has taken his message to the United Nations and persuaded the world body to adopt resolutions calling for the protection of the Tibetan people on four occasions. He has met widely with political and religious leaders, including the late Pope John Paul II. More broadly, he has worked to boost awareness of the situation in Tibet and promote the preservation of Tibetan culture.
In awarding the Dalai Lama the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989, the Norwegian Nobel Committee praised "his consistent resistance to the use of violence in his people's struggle to regain their liberty."
Are most Tibetans Buddhist?
Yes, but Tibetan Buddhism is effectively a religion that, like its leader, was forced into exile after the Chinese occupation. Buddhism came to Tibet from India and became the state religion in the 8th century.
How is the Dalai Lama chosen?
Senior Buddhist monks and Tibetan government officials begin a search for the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama after the death of the previous Lama. These searchers look for a boy who was born around the same time as the death of the previous Lama. According to the British Broadcasting Corp., the officials can decide where to look for the reincarnation in several ways: by way of a dream; by watching the direction the smoke drifts after the cremation of the previous Lama and then searching accordingly; or from some sign or vision from a holy lake in central Tibet.
Once found, the officials present the boy with possessions of the previous Dalai Lama to determine whether the boy is familiar with them. If the child chooses the artifacts that belonged to he previous Lama, than that, along with the other signs, is believed to prove he is a reincarnation.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Sir,

When i talk about offensive capabilities i dont mean over running Tibet but having enough resources and capability to attack the other side and hold a bit of their land that we can leverage.
That can be done even today, people have done it and the Chinese friends are aware of it.
Chinese have with them whatever they needed. South Tibet is just a Bogey.
The real battle is going to be in Northern Areas or in Malacca straights.
Chinese are not fools to sacrifice their peoples bellies & their economic development for a piece in Arunachal Pradesh.

They are following Tsun Tsu : "Show offensive arrogance when not prepared to fight". Chinese are dangerous when they say "Hindi Chini Bhai Bhai" as that means they are preparing to fight.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
It seems his holiness disagrees with you. Try to educate yourself first, boy.

Q&A about the Dalai Lama - World news - Asia-Pacific - China - msnbc.com
Whether going before the United Nations to publicize the plight of Tibetans under Chinese rule or appearing in events with Hollywood celebrities, the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibetan Buddhism has become a familiar face to many Westerners. Here are answers to some essential questions about the first Lama to visit the West:..................................

Then why are China men soooooo scared of him. They do not want Dalai Lama to enjoy even freedom of speech in free India, leave aside raising the Gun.........

Param

You mean for 50 cents?:rofl:

Last edited:

ice berg

The plan was not good.

What was good was Mao's expertise in guerilla warfare that was ingenuously transformed in the conventional warfare format.

There was nothing skilled about the soldiery since it was totally conventional in approach.
His expertise was good but the plan was not good?
And his expertise didnt transform into the plan? Right...
I think you need to give some credits to soldiers as well. The best plans in the world is useless if there is no competente soldiers to carry it through.
Have some decency at least and aknowledge the soldiers role in a war. No matter the chinese or the indian side.
I am sure they all did what could have been done under that circumstance.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
His expertise was good but the plan was not good?
And his expertise didnt transform into the plan? Right...
I think you need to give some credits to soldiers as well. The best plans in the world is useless if there is no competente soldiers to carry it through.
Have some decency at least and aknowledge the soldiers role in a war. No matter the chinese or the indian side.
I am sure they all did what could have been done under that circumstance.
Whose expertise are you alluding to?

Why do you Chinese not be direct and not talk in riddles?

All soldiers are brave and obey orders. Skill is inherent, but nothing extraordinary.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
There was Nothing good about the plan as Indian soldiers were outnumbered by hundreds. But they were battle hardened and experienced from North Korean battles. The Chinese were well equipped for winters due to their experiences of North Korea.

But the Chinese had to leave as the population of crows in the jungle had exhausted. Logistics was very bad and Chinese almost ran back when Indian Army started reorganising for a counter attack. Where on earth Chinese otherwise are known to have declared unilateral cease fire in its history of existence. They declared cease fire when they were defeated in Vietnam and Could not face prospect of the other-side decimating them.

India has still not declared cease fire after 1962.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles