China wont attack India: PM

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
The Chinese too keep passing some "feel good" statements once in a while. All this happens. Key is to not let your eye off the ball. India is doing alrite as far as China goes. We are not going to be in a Nehru like spot.
makes me recall this speech that was listed up where a serving or a retd ambassador gave a speech in some univ in kerala, where he pretty much listed up all that china has been up to right from pakistan, to cornering india in multilateral fora, to blocking loans to AP, to stapled visa, to encircling india, to insurgencies, to india voicing support to "one china" but nothing in reciprocation, to india being told what to do on the tibet issue, to so much more and there is almost a lacuna on most issues as a response from our end and at best a luke warm response which we for a change are giving now on the backing of the US.

wish i could link you up to that article, but dont have time to search it.

we are far from doing alright.

Galaxy

Country flag
By 2016-2017 for China specific,

-We will have 1 Strike Corps with 3-4 mountain division in N-E. (60,000 troops) [By 2016]
-2 independent brigadier in Uttrakhand, Leh with 10,000 strength each. [By 2016]

-3 more Sukhoi 30 MKI squadron and 1 MMRCA at Jorhat,Guwhati (Assam), Kalaikunda & Kolkatta/Siliguri (W.B.) [by 2016]
-100 LCH/Apache/Rudra in N-E [by 2015-2016].

-1,000 Akash Missile (1 Regiment) for Army at N-E [by 2015.]
-750 Akash Missiles for 6 Airforce bases in N-E [by 2015.]
- Few system of SpyDer (SR) and Barak-8 (LR) and Maitri/MBDA for IA and IAF by [2015]

6 C-130J, Few C-17, 50+ Mi-17, Heavy life heli like Chinook for N-E [by 2015].

2 AWACS Phalcon/DRDO by [2015-2016] for N-E.

Artillery, Tanks, Howtizar, 2 Regiment of Brahmos,Agni-3,5, Prahar, Nag Missile, MKI with Brahmos, Astra Missile, Novator, LUH, ABM Shield all will be inducted by 2015. Airfield modernization, Installation of ordered Radars, New airfield and 75% of Infrastructure development will also be completed by 2015.

So, Everything is planned and most likely we will be strong enough by 2015-2016. As of now, Our Strategy is defensive which justifies also with our current pathetic capability.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
We should prepare to fight in Tibet. We are prepared/preparing to defend Arunchal Pradesh.

IMO, Arunchal Pradesh and Uttrakhand are safe and China can't do anything.

Some danger in Leh and Sikkim.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China will not attack India, at least for the present.

They will not like to lose the high ground that they have gained in 1962, having realised that the Indian Army is not the colonial army that they faced in 1962, especially after their fiasco at Nathu La, Chola La and Somdorong Chu.

The manner in which China reacted with shrill panic at India's beefing up its borders with two divisions, big ticket purchase of aircraft and India telling China to take a walk in the SCS, is adequate an indicator that a local bully on the block has realised where the proof of the pudding lies!

lemontree

Professional
i don't understand what would be the point of attacking india.

the only reason would be retaliation against some interference in our core interests, like in tibet or in the south china sea.
China is inteterfering in India's core interests, by their presence in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, hence India is pricking China by doing business in South China sea.

China is in anyway in no position to win a war with India.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
i don't understand what would be the point of attacking india.

the only reason would be retaliation against some interference in our core interests, like in tibet or in the south china sea.
Why should India interfere with China's interest in Tibet?

SCS is another issue.

Why should China bother if India explore oil in Vietnamese waters on behalf of Vietnam?

I am sure they would not.

There must be some misunderstanding!

Oil exploration with the permission of those who own the water is India's core issue in a world of diminishing energy sources.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
By 2016-2017 for China specific,

-We will have 1 Strike Corps with 3-4 mountain division in N-E. (60,000 troops) [By 2016]
-2 independent brigadier in Uttrakhand, Leh with 10,000 strength each. [By 2016]

-3 more Sukhoi 30 MKI squadron and 1 MMRCA at Jorhat,Guwhati (Assam), Kalaikunda & Kolkatta/Siliguri (W.B.) [by 2016]
-100 LCH/Apache/Rudra in N-E [by 2015-2016].

-1,000 Akash Missile (1 Regiment) for Army at N-E [by 2015.]
-750 Akash Missiles for 6 Airforce bases in N-E [by 2015.]
- Few system of SpyDer (SR) and Barak-8 (LR) and Maitri/MBDA for IA and IAF by [2015]

6 C-130J, Few C-17, 50+ Mi-17, Heavy life heli like Chinook for N-E [by 2015].

2 AWACS Phalcon/DRDO by [2015-2016] for N-E.

Artillery, Tanks, Howtizar, 2 Regiment of Brahmos,Agni-3,5, Prahar, Nag Missile, MKI with Brahmos, Astra Missile, Novator, LUH, ABM Shield all will be inducted by 2015. Airfield modernization, Installation of ordered Radars, New airfield and 75% of Infrastructure development will also be completed by 2015.

So, Everything is planned and most likely we will be strong enough by 2015-2016. As of now, Our Strategy is defensive which justifies also with our current pathetic capability.
This sounds like a christmas wish list. Guess that is OK:wave: since christmas time is indeed upon us. Good luck (if past is any indication you really need it) !

Galaxy

Country flag
You will be plesantly surprised at our capability in that respect.:namaste:
I can't say more as this is an open forum.
Well, There would be certainly more capability that what is known in public domain.

But I don't think we have enough military strength to fight in Tibet. We can but we can't win. MoD are not good in hiding.

No Air/Point System defence is deployed yet. Not enough Offensive Missile in arsenal. No attack Heli or AWACS for CAS & Air-support.

I visited some of the areas, Infra are pathetic and no Heavy Transport aircraft/heli are deployed.

Corps of Tezpur and Siliguri are not enough or even add Assam Rifiles and some scouts.

I will go with MoD offical stand that we don't have enough artillery and howtizar.

It's looks encouraging to have "Feel good factor" but ground realities are not in so good position. Even few ex Army high ranked officials and Think tank also agrees that we are not in good positions.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This sounds like a christmas wish list. Guess that is OK:wave: since christmas time is indeed upon us. Good luck (if past is any indication you really need it) !
True.

But remember, Dilli bahut door!

So, if you have any thoughts to the contrary, just remember that phrase!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Well, There would be certainly more capability that what is known in public domain.

But I don't think we have enough military strength to fight in Tibet. We can but we can't win. MoD are not good in hiding.

No Air/Point System defence is deployed yet. Not enough Offensive Missile in arsenal. No attack Heli or AWACS for CAS & Air-support.

I visited some of the areas, Infra are pathetic and no Heavy Transport aircraft/heli are deployed.

Corps of Tezpur and Siliguri are not enough or even add Assam Rifiles and some scouts.

I will go with MoD offical stand that we don't have enough artillery and howtizar.

It's looks encouraging to have "Feel good factor" but ground realities are not in so good position. Even few ex Army high ranked officials and Think tank also agrees that we are not in good positions.
Sun Tsu had said

All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.

Heard of Tibetans? ;)

Chinese seem to dread them.

Why?

Galaxy

Country flag
Sun Tsu had said

All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.

Heard of Tibetans?
Well Sir, you have a valid point.

But How come we will fight with with 36 MKI Vs 200 SuMKK + J-10 + J-11 ?? Our BVR Missile won't go beyond Lhasa but their will fall in Guwhati, Tawang and Gangtok. Their main industry/population is 3,000 Km away from our border and we have not inducted Agni-3,5 for deterrence.

We have 3 corps in N-E with max. 1,50,000 strength to defend whole N-E including Siliguri/Sikkim and even BD & Burma border too if needed. China can send around 3,00,000 within 3-4 days which are stationed near Tibet/China border. Not to forget they have 2 unites permanently deployed in Tibet.

They have deployed Air-defence in large number and how we will stop Air-strike on Day1 ? with 30 Km range Air-defence system, we need around 3,000 such missiles which will not be inducted before 2015. Even testing is just happened.

There are few things which are not yet inducted until we have 100 Super Hornet inducted secretly which I don't know.

Our only Possible offence is dependent on Army but Number is less, Infra is bad and fire-power is at 20 year low. Few things we can't hide.

Until we are expecting something like Chola La or Nathu La, we can face and win but full fledge war from A.P. to Leh, we are not well prepared.

China might not attack India for many reasons but we can't say we are prepared enough to fight by entering in Tibet and can win. It would be over confidence.

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I don't know what what you people are taught in CCP camps, but I am sure on DFI and in India - majority does not believe in 'Santa' and fairy tales like you centers flooding the web. As per your assertion regarding a wish list, have a deep look and you will realize half of the list has already been fulfilled and for the other half payments are made and the war machines are on their way to kick CCP on the balls! ;)

Galaxy

Country flag
Heard of Tibetans? ;)

Chinese seem to dread them.

Why?
I missed that line.
Yes, That is advantage :pound:

But we have to prepare more and might be well prepared in next 5-6 years. :rolleyes:

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
You will be plesantly surprised at our capability in that respect.:namaste:
I can't say more as this is an open forum.
Could you elaborate little more on your claim, what is exactly India's capability to launch an offensive attack on a country that has:

(1)been a nuclear power for half a century
(2)a standing army of 2.3 million people with a 50 million strong militia as backup (in the past probably fewer thse days)
(3)likely world's largest manufacturer this year
(4)world's 2nd largest economy
(5)world's largest energy producer/consumer
(6)world's largest food producer
(7)by far the world's largest steel producing country with 600 million tons annually
(8) a very homogenous population of 1.3 billion people
(9)a huge strategic depth measureing 5000km from east to west and 5000km from north to south
(10)a vast indigenous defence industry

Galaxy

Country flag
Could you elaborate little more on your claim, what is exactly India's capability to launch an offensive attack on a country that has:

(2)a standing army of 2.3 million people with a 50 million strong militia as backup (in the past probably fewer thse days)
(7)by far the world's largest steel producing country with 600 million tons annually
(9)a huge strategic depth measureing 5000km from east to west and 5000km from north to south
Why not bother to post in the thread related to you country for a change ??

http://defenceforumindia.com/china-pakistan/28715-beggers-pakistan-seeks-another-loan-world-bank.html#post373359

I thought Pakistan is a beggar country but now people like you started behaving like they are Chinese Slave too after half century slavery of America!! :rofl:

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

(1)You need to read the rules regarding a nuclear Exchange.nukes are for detterence against India ,Russia and USA both field marshal Rongzhen Nie and Zhou Enlai saw it that way .The PLA follows a No first use policy so does India.The Damanasky Islands incident proved that

Meh!! Bullcrap the PLA does not espouse the Peoples war doctrine anymore.Deng got his first shock when the Soviiets overran Afghanistan in 1978 from that the PLA manpower has sucessfully decreased

Manufacturing for Wal-Mart and export does not make a super power

Mostly under the pleasure of American and European consumers

For making Cheap goods

So what?

ROTFLAMO!!What for one of the most inefficent methods of producing steel together to fuel the artificial construction boom in China

The Uighurs and Tibetians are disagreeing with that.If the economy hits the fan lets see what the Hans got to say

Only problem only 13% of land is arable and very much locked in the Pacific Ocean
Compared to India yes

We haven't even fired a shot and your Tibetian province is in unrest

There are a thousand ways to cook a goose and all do not need a fire Sun Tzu might not have taught you this nor Confucius

Last edited:

lemontree

Professional

Galaxy,
You must remember the deploybility factor in those areas. We can have formations bunched up like sardines in a can.
When you mention strike corps - then you must have all the assets that go with it.
But why do we need a strike corps in Arunachal? What is our military aim? A strike corps strikes into the enemy - do we have the overall ability and political will to take a fight into China. No.

Our aim is to ensure "no PLA invasion". For this we have holding formations and strategic assets in place.

lemontree

Professional
Galaxy said:
..... but we can't say we are prepared enough to fight by entering in Tibet and can win. It would be over confidence.
I never said that we will enter Tibet...you just assumed.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles