China warns US to keep out of S. China Sea dispute

Discussion in 'China' started by lambu, Jun 22, 2011.

1. lambu

lambu Regular Member

BEIJING: China urged the United States on Wednesday to restrain other countries from provoking Beijing in disputes over contested territories in the South China Sea, warning that Washington risks becoming embroiled in an unwanted conflict.

Chinese Vice Foreign Minister Cui Tiankai said it would be best if the United States stayed out of the long-standing disputes, but acknowledged that Washington has an interest in freedom of navigation in sea lanes that are vital to trade.

``If the United States does want to play a role, it may counsel restraint to those countries that have frequently been taking provocative action and ask them to be more responsible in their behavior,'' Cui said at a briefing. ``I believe that individual countries are actually playing with fire, and I hope that fire will not be drawn to the United States.''

Decades of recurring tensions over rival claims to islands, shoals and reefs in the South China Sea have flared in recent weeks. Vietnam and the Philippines have cited Chinese incursions and provocations in the areas they claim and Beijing has responded by accusing the others of provocative acts.

Cui accused unspecified ``other countries'' of occupying territory, drilling for oil and gas and endangering fishermen in the South China Sea. But he later suggested he was referring to one country in particular and then said China wanted to avoid conflict with Vietnam.

``China has no intention to get into military conflict with any country, Vietnam included,'' he said.

With centuries of enmity with China, Vietnam has encouraged the United States to take a more active role in the dispute. Washington has carefully tried not to pick sides in the territorial claims, which also involve Taiwan , Brunei and Malaysia . But over the past year, shared concerns about a more assertive, powerful Beijing have lent new momentum to Washington's ties with Vietnam.

Cui tread a careful line in his remarks, laying down markers Beijing does not want Washington to cross but recognizing U.S. interests in the region. He spoke ahead of consultations with U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Kurt Campbell on Saturday in Hawaii on issues in the Asia-Pacific region.

China warns US to keep out of S. China Sea dispute - The Economic Times

A.V. likes this.
  3. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

Title starts with "China warns..."; article starts with "China urged..." :rolleyes:

4. aramsogo

aramsogo Regular Member

Good. I hope we can finally see the F-22 in action, not just airshows.

5. Armand2REP

Armand2REP CHINI EXPERT Veteran Member

If Yankees mess with the Dragon, we will send our big bad Shi Lang, then off to conquer Taiwan!

6. Adux

Adux Senior Member Senior Member

Sh Lang which is damn 30 years old, should do well against a US Carrier Battle Group ( which they have 11 )!!!! You would smoke them alright! ;)

7. Armand2REP

We smoke them with ballistic missiles... end of that!

8. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

When did a dock queen become a carrier group?

9. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

USA is shaking in it's shoes,war will be the best solution to erase the debt owed to China and it is welcomed by USA.

10. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

I hope the White House and POTUS is wearing some diapers ,this is apocalypse itself

11. LETHALFORCE

All it takes is a couple of OHIO subs to light up the whole Chinese Eastern seaboard and send them back to the stone age

12. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

They dont need to go to war, if USA defaults its debt China will face a trillion dollar loss! LMAO

Americans ate everything the Chinese made and if they dont pay who is really in problem! haha..

13. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

I did like to see our Chinese members come back after this ROAST! :D

14. LETHALFORCE

They were our cheap labor workhorses but now they are acting up like the slave rebellions in the Roman empire.

ganesh177 likes this.
  15. Armand2REP

When some joker change my flag to Chicom... so I play along.

16. Adux

Adux Senior Member Senior Member

Ha ha , i love lil chicoms

17. huaxia rox

huaxia rox Senior Member Senior Member

yes u r rite but the Us can always waste the whole PRC militarily (what would be the price for US doing so is another thing that can vary from 1949 till now)....but why didnt the Us do anything major directly towards PRCs lands?....not even in korea war and in vitnam war? the most interesting thing is not just to china.......the US threantened to deal with nations like iran north korea etc for like centries.....and when u gonna go for action???why u so hesitate??

so my conclusion is launching wars not just depends on what u can do but what u dare and u think is worthy........this applies to the mighty US as well.

but on the other hand if u really wanna do this to china u'd be quick.....something really now or never........when our J-20 and AC groups etc can get close to the US china will literally become another soviet union militarilly speaking to the US...........the US own land will be faced with potenrial military threats from PRC in CONVENTIAL way.....and then (in 20 years i guess) not only u cant......but not dare as well........

18. aramsogo

aramsogo Regular Member

China has been preparing for asymmetric war against the US for 30 years. Yakhont, Schval, Sunburn, Krypton and DF-21d anti-ship missiles were all designed to take down US Carrier Battle Groups. It will be good fun for all.

19. LETHALFORCE

USA would not send any CBG 's but most likely send subs or Bombers.

20. LETHALFORCE

USA has focused their naval strategy for decades around the Pacific allies and invested Trillions of dollars for this purpose, why would USA change their policy now??

21. aramsogo

aramsogo Regular Member

US always sends CBGs. Google China's underground Great Wall. China isn't worried about US subs or bombers either. Like I said, they've been prepping for 30 years.