China warns Japan against stationing workers on disputed isles

aerokan

Country flag
Doing what?
Following my 'wise idea' :frusty:

1. Seeing through Chinese rhetoric and psychops.
2. Pre-empting and thereby avoiding Chinese way of nibbling the land/sea bit by bit.

no smoking

Country flag
So you expect Japanese to listen to your advice and do nothing and let Chinese nibble away the island like everywhere else? Japanese are not like us. They know abt China better than anyone else.They are capable of pulling a Chinese on Chinese any time if you understand what I mean.
No, I don't undstand what you mean.
All I can see is: 2 years ago, they are the only one managing that area, now Chinese got in and they cannot do anything about it.

CCTV

2. Pre-empting and thereby avoiding Chinese way of nibbling the land/sea bit by bit.
Well, what is they action then?

aerokan

Country flag
No, I don't undstand what you mean.
All I can see is: 2 years ago, they are the only one managing that area, now Chinese got in and they cannot do anything about it.
Short term gains.. long term losses.. That's where China is headed.

I don't expect you to understand anyway. That's why I mentioned that. People who can understand logic and who understand the way Chinese propaganda work will understand what i said. Certainly not the kind like you who were fed and who spout nonsense.

CCTV

Read the title again.

aerokan

Country flag
Well, what is they action then?
Action is to nationalize the islands and stationing workers in the islands. The more you push forward, the more will be the aggression and response from the Japanese side. It would be foolish of chinese to think that you can provocate them to the extreme and let them fire the first shot and except international support for your attack on Japan. When the war starts, it doesn't matter who is gonna start, world will side with Japan not China because Chinese are known world over for their 'special' traits.

aerokan

Country flag
Read the title again.
Duhh.. Leave it.. You don't understand a bit of anything. Point no.2 is directly referring to sending workers to the Japanese islands and ofcourse the title.

CCTV

Action is to nationalize the islands and stationing workers in the islands. The more you push forward, the more will be the aggression and response from the Japanese side. It would be foolish of chinese to think that you can provocate them to the extreme and let them fire the first shot and except international support for your attack on Japan. When the war starts, it doesn't matter who is gonna start, world will side with Japan not China because Chinese are known world over for their 'special' traits.
I did not see the " world " did anything so far, may be the " world " want to see a war.

aerokan

Country flag
I did not see the " world " did anything so far, may be the " world " want to see a war.
Whether you want or not and whether the world want or not, war is inevitable. If not this war, some other war. Short term( let's say for the next ten years) China will have some gains. I have no doubts about that. But then again, China will end up on the losing side. That's how it is!!!

Compersion

Country flag
PRC wants that the senkaku island (some refer to daiyu islands) be disputed and are making these warnings and statements for internal consumption.

The Japanese say there is no dispute the islands are japanese and are confident under principle and law. The PRC tactics is to ramp up pressure using protests and coast guard (not navy) in the hope that Japanese will crumble under the pressure and say diplomatically that the islands are disputed.

The Japanese understand and aren't budging which is right policy. The Japanese are basically defending their islands and saying "what's the problem and what is there to talk about to PRC". The PRC wants to talk and also the anti-prc feeling is developing in japan. but the Japanese say what's their to talk about (that's what everyone needs to focus on). Legally speaking its on the Japanese side.

Treaty of San Francisco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh PRC is doing this on behalf of Taiwan and that's also important. The Japanese and Taiwanese relationship is very good compared to PRC. I am sure they are talking behind PRC.

I don't think PRC will risk a war over this and the benefit they gain on internal consumption is valuable but they will stop if it gets messy (for example Japanese industry moves out of PRC - even threatens to do it - might have started; and even if Japan talks with Taiwan and develops a economic development plan) .

This is more a nationalistic exercise calculated for PRC internal and Taiwanese consumption (make them like PRC more and strengthen one china principle). It won't last long the Japanese know how valuable they are to PRC.

Ask any PRC citizen what they think of Japanese (they will spit venom). Remind them the economic relationship and watch what happens (they will become enlightened Buddha).

Nothing wrong with that. This is not a show of PRC strength that is more closer to home and with Vietnam.

CCTV

PRC wants that the senkaku island (some refer to daiyu islands) be disputed and are making these warnings and statements for internal consumption.

The Japanese say there is no dispute the islands are japanese and are confident under principle and law. The PRC tactics is to ramp up pressure using protests and coast guard (not navy) in the hope that Japanese will crumble under the pressure and say diplomatically that the islands are disputed.

The Japanese understand and aren't budging which is right policy. The Japanese are basically defending their islands and saying "what's the problem and what is there to talk about to PRC". The PRC wants to talk and also the anti-prc feeling is developing in japan. but the Japanese say what's their to talk about (that's what everyone needs to focus on). Legally speaking its on the Japanese side.

Oh PRC is doing this on behalf of Taiwan and that's also important. The Japanese and Taiwanese relationship is very good compared to PRC. I am sure they are talking behind PRC.

I don't think PRC will risk a war over this and the benefit they gain on internal consumption is valuable but they will stop if it gets messy (for example Japanese industry moves out of PRC - even threatens to do it - might have started; and even if Japan talks with Taiwan and develops a economic development plan) .

This is more a nationalistic exercise calculated for PRC internal and Taiwanese consumption (make them like PRC more and strengthen one china principle). It won't last long the Japanese know how valuable they are to PRC.

Ask any PRC citizen what they think of Japanese (they will spit venom). Remind them the economic relationship and watch what happens (they will become enlightened Buddha).

Nothing wrong with that. This is not a show of PRC strength that is more closer to home and with Vietnam.
If what you said is true, then it should not have any problem between China and Japan now.

kseeker

Retired
@CCTV , how large and significant is the Japanese investment in PRC ? If Japs, close down trade, would that affect PRC ?

I read some articles a year back or so which talked about, China running Japanese call centers and Chinese are learning Japanese to get into the business. Is this true ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Compersion

Country flag
If what you said is true, then it should not have any problem between China and Japan now.
Tell me what is the problem and solution to the problem. What's the problem to Japan.

Also what is the main legal point for PRC claim over the islands.

Adding on to what i said earlier things will only change if Japan acknowledges there is a dispute and talks diplomatically to cool things down. japanese and are confident under principle and law and deep down I also think PRC acknowledges the Japanese claim.

The fact is the Japanese are not talking to PRC over these islands in spite of all the pressure from PRC (not enough?). Even read the statements they make.

The Japanese also know how valuable they are to PRC and Taiwan. And PRC know how valuable Japanese are (this is a main point). The Taiwan side of the story is also important.

A solution to this would be for PRC take it to international fora even talk in united nations why ratchet up like a school boy. Perhaps they know what will happen there. it's for internal consumption and Taiwanese consumption.

PRC will complain later that Japan is spending more on defence yet they have a huge role in the reason why.

Nothing wrong with what you think. But tell me also what you think about Japanese.

Last edited:

amoy

@Compersion Neither ROC nor PRC was a party to the Treaty of San Francisco, which was never ratified.

Chinese claim over Diaoyu is legitimate as it was lost in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Sino-Japanese_War based on Cairo Declaration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Japan will also be expelled from all other territories which she has taken by violence and greed.
and Potsdam Declaration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Japanese sovereignty shall be limited to the islands of Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu, Shikoku and such minor islands as we determine
This is not only about territory but also about the world order set by victors of WW2 including China who was a founding member of UN.

On Sino-Japan Trade, Japan's trade deficit with China rises in 2012|Economy|chinadaily.com.cn
Japan's trade deficit with China in 2012 was 3,521.5 billion yen ($33.88 billion), an increase of 258.4 billion yen from 2011, Japan's Ministry of Finance said on Thursday.

Worsening relations with China significantly reduced Japanese exports, the ministry said. Japan's exports shrank 2.7 percent year-on-year in 2012, while exports to China plunged 10.8 percent year-on-year. Automobile and auto parts exports to China were the most affected.

The ministry said that automobile exports to China decreased 52.8 percent year-on-year in December 2012.
Japan has been hurt more than China. Most of Japanese investment in China is for domestic sales in China.

Why Diaoyu is important? EEZ Dispute >> East China Sea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Red line is what Japan claims, with Diaoyu on its side
Blue line is EEZ Taiwan claims
Yellow dashed line is what PRC claims
Green dot & Red X are Chinese gas fields

s002wjh

Country flag

taiwan/Skorean/china has very bad relationship with japan. last year, it was taiwaness and chinese protester on the dayio island, it was taianess got into a shooting water cannon battle with japanese coast guard. taiwan was the first to declear diayo island belong to ROC.

taiwan/SK has more economic investment in china compare to japan, even japan has huge investment/market in china. toyota/honda selling more cars in china than US before this dispute happen. annual tourism from mainland to japan was in the billions. simply put china is one of the biggest customer for any corporation.

a bad sino-japan reltionship means japan has to take a hit on exports to china, and many japanese corporation main customer was china. notice now the sell of GM/hyundai and other foreign countries products are increase its share within china due to alot chinese stop buying japanese products.

Zero_Wing

Haha thank you for fuel anger more soon your country will be surrounded and you got only yourselves to blame for it

s002wjh

Country flag
@CCTV , how large and significant is the Japanese investment in PRC ? If Japs, close down trade, would that affect PRC ?

I read some articles a year back or so which talked about, China running Japanese call centers and Chinese are learning Japanese to get into the business. Is this true ?
that also hurt japan. china has 400 million customers. many US/Skorean company already take advantage of this dispute and expand their business. if you dig into china recent economic statis, US/Skorean sells in china increase sharply after sino-jap dispute. No nation/company can ignore potential 1.3 billion customer, with 400-600million customer exist.

both japan/china is export country, but key difference is china has vast middle class that crave foreign products. if japanese company has lower sells in china, that mean those slack are taken by US/europen/Skorea/chinese domestic company. those lose is huge given the market its targeting.

amoy

Haha thank you for fuel anger more soon your country will be surrounded and you got only yourselves to blame for it
Philippines govmt's suppression of Muslims is outrageous. The international community must intervene to stop your human right abuses and give Muslim freedom fighters support.

Philippine Muslim rebels launch bold raid on southern port

MANILA (Reuters) - Rogue Muslim rebels launched an audacious assault in the southern Philippines on Monday, taking control of several villages and shutting down a major port in the biggest challenge to a peace deal signed by the government last year.

The attack by hundreds of heavily armed guerrillas on Zamboanga City highlights the fragility of the deal agreed last October with a larger rebel group to end four decades of conflict.

Transport officials suspended commercial flights and ferry services to the city of around 800,000. Schools, public offices and businesses were closed as gunfire rang out from clashes between soldiers and the estimated 200-300 invaders.

Six people were killed and 24 wounded as the rebels tried to force their way to the city centre, Mayor Isabelle Climaco-Salazar said in a statement. About 3,000 people had fled their homes, she said.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles