China warns against S. China Sea oil exploration

Discussion in 'China' started by LETHALFORCE, Mar 25, 2011.

1. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.ec4419f9ec3f98754eb66aaa0b28639d.251

BEIJING — China warned Thursday against any oil exploration without its consent in waters it claims in the South China Sea after the Philippines announced plans for possible drilling.

Manila's Department of Energy said Wednesday that UK-based Forum Energy had completed a seismic survey for the Reed Bank, near the disputed Spratly Islands.

The Spratlys are called the Nansha Islands in Chinese and claimed by Beijing.

"China holds indisputable sovereignty over the Nansha Islands and the adjacent sea waters," foreign ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu told reporters when asked for comment on the plan.

"Any activities by countries or companies to explore for oil or gas in the sea waters in China's jurisdiction without the permission of the Chinese government will constitute a violation of China's sovereignty and ... will be illegal and invalid."

Jiang did not make any direct reference to the Philippines or Forum Energy, nor did she say the survey area was actually in waters under Chinese jurisdiction.

Chinese embassy officials in the Philippines earlier requested a copy of the Forum Energy announcement, but did not return subsequent calls by AFP.

On Wednesday, Forum Energy said it used the survey data to evaluate the commercial potential of the block and to "help identify the best location for possible appraisal wells to be drilled."

The Reed Bank lies about 150 kilometres (90 miles) east of the reputedly oil-rich Spratlys, which are claimed in whole or in part by Brunei, Malaysia, Taiwan, Vietnam, the Philippines and China.

3. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

What if Philippines goes ahead with its plan and set up drilling unit there? I am waiting for the show to begin . Enough is enough and countries must unite to show them that just because its name is south China its not china .

4. Armand2REP

Armand2REP CHINI EXPERT Veteran Member

What is China going to do, shoot at US, French and UK exploration ships? I guess they want to be the next Libya. lol

5. jazzguy

jazzguy Regular Member

China should seek protection from the world no. 1 superpower (2050 year model) in order not to becoming second Libya.

6. Armand2REP

China should become protectorate of America? What??

7. jazzguy

jazzguy Regular Member

Neither China nor America will be no. 1 superpower in 2050.

8. redragon

redragon Regular Member

Agreed, No 1 by that time should be France. After seeing Mr Armand's comments, I am sure now that will be the case, I made wrong conclusion before by saying China will be No 1, sorry.

9. redragon

redragon Regular Member

So, you do have solid evidences showing those territories belong to Philippine, please enlighten me, thank you.

10. Armand2REP

I see, France leading the EU force will be the only high-tech military left standing with the default of US debt. China will be welcomed to become our protectorate once they become a Republic after their banks collapse. Someone needs to protect you from Indian Super Power.

11. JustForLaughs

JustForLaughs Regular Member

some people are still off the high they got from bombing another poor islamic country i see. Libya didnt have their own GPS system with a carrier killer missile on the way.

12. LETHALFORCE

13. LETHALFORCE

14. Armand2REP

I see, you do not understand the use of hyperobole in my context yet use it in your own. Well, take this as a dose of reality.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  15. JustForLaughs

theres nothing about french that remotely concerns me. so dont bother. you are the only one here who thinks just because you bombed a poor country you got rid of your surrendering image.

16. Armand2REP

This coming from a country that surrendered to France... now that is just for laughs. :pound:

Let us review the battle history of France over the last 20 years...

1991 - Iraqi 45th Mech Division = destroyed, Perfect air campaign Result: Kuwait Liberated
    1999 - Kosovo air campiagn = 1400 combat sorties Result: Kosovo Liberated
    2001 - present Afghanistan = Kapisa and Surobi provinces = over 2000 Taliban killed Result: Two of the most secure provinces in Astan
    2011 - Libya No-fly zone of which France has made it Libya No-drive zone = Gaddafi battalion wiped out, IADS and bases hit... Result: rebels driving Gaddafi in retreat

Let us review Chinese battle history over the same period...

blank
    blank
    blank
    blank

I guess after getting your ass whooped by Vietnam, you have no more stomach for battle. :wave:

17. Vladimir79

Vladimir79 Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

I think you are missing a few Chinese actions:

1989 --- Battle for Tienanmen Square (6,000 dead, 4,000 POWs never seen again) Result: tank pancakes
    2008 --- Battle of STFU Dalai Lama (382 dead, 2,800 POWs never seen again) Result: DL screams
    2009 --- Battle for Urumqi (200 dead, 1,500 POWs never seen again) Result: perpetual internet blackout

18. JustForLaughs

your whole list is France following American lead to attack weak countries. all you did was show France is a threat to 3rd world countries with weak to non existent military. again, not the least bit concerned. i cant remember the last time France did anything by itself. probably started form the last time you guys surrendered.

and no, vietnamese are also not a concern.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_South_Reef_Skirmish

China doesnt go to battle at some other country's bidding. only for our own interest. thats what sovereignty is btw.

ps. without your American masters help, France would be speaking German. without American's help, China still wouldnt lose to Japan. finally, China fought US and the UN before. there is absolutely NOTHING about France that is going to matter one bit.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  19. JustForLaughs

20. Armand2REP

The whole list shows a modern combat record of French forces which in all cases won their battles overwhelmingly. All of them used the same Soviet junk you copy. Sure, we fight with the Americans because we are ALLIES. That is something you hardly have being surrounded by enemies. Your only ally of Pakistan has yet to directly receive your help and every time they get ass whooped by Indian troops. Some ALLY you really are.

Iraq 1991 = 4th largest military in the world
    6th Light Division outnumbered 2:1 against the Iraqi 45th Mech Div driving the deepest into Iraqi territory. Battle for Al Salman left 3000 Iraqi POWs, 3000 dead and 15000 Iraqis running for the hills. 150 tanks/BMP destroyed/captured, 200 vehicles/trucks destroyed/captured, 150 heavy guns/mortars destroyed/captured. It was just as big a battle as (your only victory in the last century) the entire Sino-Indian war except we didn't outnumber our opponent 8:1 and suffer 2400 casualties... in combat France had ZERO.

1999 Air campaign Serbia = 3rd best IADS in Europe
    1400 combat sorties from sea and land, 3200 sorties in all. 210 laser guided weapons: 60 AS-30L, 97% hit rate at 1m CEP, 130 GBU-12/20 released across the whole spectrum of targets
    No aircraft lost in combat

2001 Afghanistan = the only country never defeated
    Testing ground for latest French weapons and counterinsurgency tactics, air power from land and sea, 2000 Taliban/Al Queda killed, secured two provinces ready to be transferred in 2013

2011 Libya = 3rd largest IADS in the ME
    70 armour destroyed, Taruja SAM sites destroyed, Sabha airbase destroyed by SCALPs, 8 attack aircraft destroyed... rebels chasing Gaddafi back to Tripoli with no French losses

Skirmish on a reef... no I was talking about wars. France can add another dozen actions if we are talking about skirmishes and they are not ones that include massacring a bunch of Viet stranded on a reef

Without French help, America wouldn't exist so they owed us. China didn't do so well against Japan the last time, 4 million soldiers dead along with 10 million civilians, and it was American and Soviet rescue that kept you from total capitulation. Japan is backed by US defence pact so you wouldn't last two days against them. That is right, you fought the UN before and your 1 million army was wiped out. 200,000 dead, 400,000 wounded, 22,000 POWs and SK democracy still exists living far better than your shit DPRK satellite. French battalion was there, cut off from the front lines in freezing weather wiping out wave after wave of Chinese assaults never giving ground and was the most decorated coalition unit of the entire war. It is credit with over 5000 PLA dead for only 300 French losses. We seen first hand French don't surrender to Chinese... they slaughter them whether it be 19th century, 20th, or 21st. Oh yeah, we still have a 1000+ pieces of your Summer Palace crap in the Fontainebleau.

21. JustForLaughs

actually that whole list is where Americans led the charge and the French followed, as usual. you dont have an example where France ever did something by itself in recent memory do you. thats because you are a pawn.

that skirmish on the reef was proof your statement about vietnamese was pointless. also it ended with Chinese gaining more territory. which is more than i can say for any of your hilarious french battles.

LOL since when was America ever in danger of being conquered like the French were just by Germans showing up.

i could rebut all your points about the Korean War and the Sino Japanese War.....but you are French. and i dont care what you think about Chinese military history lol.

besides, even if you were right, then what are you westerners so afraid of? why so concerned about Chinese military buildup? like you showed, we havent been in battle for years. why so concerned? :) well, to be fair i believe it was France who wanted to end EU arms embargo. but that didnt happen. which only says to me that even in EU France has no say. i read about how Germany apparently has the upperhand in EU. how ironic.

if US leads French in international arena and France cant even get something done regionally...where do you have say? hopefully at least in France. Chinese will continue being wary of the US and whether you like to admit it or not, that AUTOMATICALLY means we DONT need to care about France. when France shows even a hint of not following the US and actually acts like a separate entity, then maybe we would care.

btw, please post more about your funny french military history. im still not convinced. probably because you have no links.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011