China to give the J-10B combat aircraft to Pakistan

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
India has 1,500 T-90's so Arjun indigenous production is not pushed, but it can be ramped up as needed.
T-90 production could be ramped up for sure since Russia is more than willing to help. There is a production line in place, and all the parts are either sourced direct from russia or locally made/assembled with russian supervision. But Arjun is a whole different stoory. It is put together like you or me building a computer at home with off-the-shelf parts from lots of vendors. There is no assembly line, thus mass production is difficult. And as the parts are sourced from so many vendors, most of them of foreign origins, delays caused by inavailability of parts are inevitable. This is the major reason why the Indian army chose T-90 over Arjun, simply they knew Arjun like most so-called indigenous projects without direct foreign assistence, would in first place be tedious to develop, then even if it get certified, would be impossible to produce in meaningful numbers.

Of course neither Arjun nor LCA are not exceptions. Someone stats on BR that India needs 12 years to build a destroyer, 2-3 times longer than the international norm. All these cases plus countless others, could all be traced back to India's core weakness in manufacturing.

AprilLyrics

While I am here, I might as well tell you guys from India to look out for a new fighter jet from SF next month, and another fifth gen. jet from the same stock early next year.

Also watch out for the various UAVs that China is working on. They are gonna appear en masse in the next couple of years.

China now has the money to have bright and devoted young(born in 1970s and 1980s) people embark on a wide range of defence-related projects, the results of which will be seen over the next 5-10 years.

Our slogan is: what the US has, we must have; what the US does not, we also do.

The next 10-20 year is gonna be truly interesting. Let's embrace it with open arms.

Arms race? Bring it on if needs be!
com'on 哥们你剧透了。。。。dont give out so early....

cir

A new submarine rescue/support ship lanuched early this morning at GSI. Another better and bigger one under construction at the same shipyard. Lots of auxiliary ships for forming CV Battle Groups are planned at GSI. Tip of the iceberg!

cir

HD will (more or less) complete the 5th and 6th Type 071 LPD in 2012 before moving on to build China's 1st LHD. In parallel to the LPDs and LHDs, good progresses are also being made of the helos that will take off and touch down on the ships in the future.

cir

JN will immediately start work on the 8 052Ds after the completion of 6 new improved 052Cs in the later half of 2012, while 2015 or thereabout should see the construction of an entirely new class of DDGs that are characterised by better stealth, general-purpose VLS, laser/magnetic guns etc...Interesting time ahead.

cir

Up to 7 shipyards will build, in short order, some 100 Type 056 light frigates of various specifications, enough to patrol and secure the South China Sea, leaving the bigger and heavier naval assets for ocean-going needs.

cir

In the forseeable future, HP will devote itself to, and speed up, the constrution of 054As and its upgraded versions, 056s plus some small auxilliary ships for surveilance, information gathering etc.

cir

WC, in conjunction with JN, are full steam ahead with conventional AIP submarines, of several types.

cir

For obviously reasons, I am not gonna speculate on what HLD is up to right now. But I bet it is not "sitting idle", watching sister yards racking in all the goodies helplessly. lol!

cir

As for Tianjin Xingang Shipbuidling...and DL...etc....I'd better shup up!!! lol!

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Its good as long as they dont get advanced American ror western weapons, pakistan will get fighters either way but it is better they get Chinese weapons with poor radars which will get jammed and shot down 150kms away. :D

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
A new submarine rescue/support ship lanuched early this morning at GSI. Another better and bigger one under construction at the same shipyard. Lots of auxiliary ships for forming CV Battle Groups are planned at GSI. Tip of the iceberg!
LOL! Factor in the whole US-Japan-SOKOR-Australia Pacific alliance which is also developing closer ties with Vietnam and India then you have a huge capabilities gap to fill. Actually, even with US' 7th Fleet alone you'll already struggle.

cw2005

LOL! Factor in the whole US-Japan-SOKOR-Australia Pacific alliance which is also developing closer ties with Vietnam and India then you have a huge capabilities gap to fill. Actually, even with US' 7th Fleet alone you'll already struggle.
Your points are well taken.

With all those countries surrounding China with aggregated military capability several times of China's, singing the China threat song serves for more military funding purpose only.

I personally do not believe China would start any war in its neighborhood. As a matter of fact, China might even gang up with USA attempting to prevent/settle conflicts in the region. That was the case when North Korea behaved naughty not too long ago.

China needs another twenty to forty years to consolidate its economy and technology gain. Within this period, there would be no war. What I do afraid is the economical deterioration of the West (USA & Europe) and that might provides incentive for them to divert people's attention by starting war somewhere. Even that, I have doubt they would select a big guy like China.

America has achieved and maintained super power status for such a long time partly due to its ability to attract talent from all over the world. China does not possess similar environment and system to create such human magnet. If one day China does overtake USA, it is not China's success, but rather the USA's failure..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles