China tests DF-31A ICBM with MIRV

ShabiKB

Tihar Jail
Banned
If placing multiple satellites is like a base for developing a missile with multiple warheads then INDIA too has the technology of placing multiple satellites in space. So does this mean that INDIA has the MIRV technology ready with it and it just needs some test before being operational?
The satellites in your 2009 launch with mulitple vehicles weigh from 1kg to 8 Kg, except the main one. which I don't believe weighs more than 900kg either . Unless you invented anti-matter bomb and you RV become reliable, the single head SRE1? only weight about 500 kg, but after 2007, you have never done a RV test.

Plus, you don't have mature thermo nuclear technology, the rumored H bombs were never proven to exist, so that is basically to say--- No way.

Last edited:

Broccoli

what,over estimating India's capabilities:toilet:!we are more than capable to building ICBMs having a range of more than 10k kms but the reason our Govt. downplayed the actual range of Agni-V was to avoid causing concerns to European and North American countries!and secondly we don't really need to have an ICBM having a range of about 10k kms as our only potential enemies in this world are china and pakistan and i think both of them fall within the down played range of Agni-V!got it son!:ranger:
Currently we have Indian government saying that Agni V's range is 5000-6000km, but that will never be enough for ultra-nationalist who want missile with 60.000km range.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Currently we have Indian government saying that Agni V's range is 5000-6000km, but that will never be enough for ultra-nationalist who want missile with 60.000km range.
Buddy, we are not over ambitious, stop trolling and making stupid comments, INDIA is capable of building ICBM's and it was said by the DRDO chief and presently INDIA has no need for ICBM's as there is no threat for her from the Western countries and if the need arises we will showcase our arsenal.......

No one can see the air we breathe but it doesn't mean that AIR does not exist.......

No country till now has ever used ICBM's in war and no one knows the capability of their own ICBM till they use it in a real scenario.....

mikhail

Country flag
The satellites in your 2009 launch with mulitple vehicles weigh from 1kg to 8 Kg, except the main one. which I don't believe weighs more than 900kg either . Unless you invented anti-matter bomb and you RV become reliable, the single head SRE1? only weight about 500 kg, but after 2007, you have never done a RV test.

Plus, you don't have mature thermo nuclear technology, the rumored H bombs were never proven to exist, so that is basically to say--- No way.
cut the crap and show me the link if you have any evidence!the last time i checked India had the following capacity to launch satellites with PSLV:- weighing more that 3 tonnes to LEO(Lower Earth Orbit),around 1.6 tonnes to HCO(Helio-synchronous Orbit/Sun-synchronous Orbit) and around 1.4 tonnes to GTO(Geostationery Transfer Orbit).:wave:
Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Indian Space Research Organisation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
now talking about mature thermo-nuclear technology,well India has already tested it way back in 1998!
Pokhran-II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

mikhail

Country flag
here we have got another 50 center chini in this forum!mate i can understand that your a$$ is burning hearing Agni-V's potential range but don't worry we don't have any plan to target Finland and launch Agni-V in the near future(well afaik Finland neither has the capacity to make nuclear weapons nor the capacity to launch any nuclear armed missile ad i won't think it will have that capacity in the next 50 years)!so i would advise you to relax and stop worrying unnecessarily about our ICBM program!

pmaitra

This is a new definition for me Multiple warheads is not same as MIRV.
Well, the different warheads must be capable of re-entering the atmosphere independently.

I suppose this is a theoretical issue. I don't see the point of having multiple warheads without independent re-entry capability for each. Separation of warheads after re-entry is not a good idea, because, that will reduce the flexibility of targeting multiple target to a small area, unless, the objective is to have all the warhead go to the same target (in case a few are destroyed by interceptors).

Broccoli

Well, the different warheads must be capable of re-entering the atmosphere independently.

I suppose this is a theoretical issue. I don't see the point of having multiple warheads without independent re-entry capability for each. Separation of warheads after re-entry is not a good idea, because, that will reduce the flexibility of targeting multiple target to a small area, unless, the objective is to have all the warhead go to the same target (in case a few are destroyed by interceptors).

Multiple detonation of nuclear weapons means that Chinese detonated more than one weapon during the test, it has nothing to do with MRV's (like in this wiki article) or MIRV's.
A Multiple Reentry vehicle payload for a ballistic missile deploys multiple warheads in a pattern against a single target. (As opposed to Multiple independently targetable reentry vehicle, which deploys multiple warheads against multiple targets.) The advantage of an MRV over a single warhead is that the damage produced in the center of the pattern is far greater than the damage possible from any single warhead in the MRV cluster, this makes for an efficient area attack weapon. Also, the sheer number of Warheads make interception by Anti-ballistic missiles unlikely.
Multiple reentry vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles