China Tells India To Stay Off Its Indian Ocean 'Colony,' Sri Lanka

IndianHawk

Country flag
Economic Sovereignty and the debt are two separate entities. What would ECTA do is to flood Sri Lankan service industry with surplus Indian labor. Sri Lanka cannot afford to compete with the cheap labor from India. We are still suffering from the free trade deal with India back in 1990s.
Well it is incumbent upon India to make sure that deal is fair. It should include protective clause for Sri Lankan labour .

HeinzGud

Country flag
Well it is incumbent upon India to make sure that deal is fair. It should include protective clause for Sri Lankan labour .
There is no such clause as of now. We are not ready to open our market to cheap Indian labor.

I am otm shank

Americans are fool. They spend some 14 TR USD in war. Had they even spend just 10% of that very smartly, they had a great influence all over the world. They could not play their card smartly and let chinese extend its influence in Asia and Africa. Now modi has come and he is playing his card but Indian has a big constrain in term of its resources. India and US must work togather to wipe out chinese influence from whole world. It will be INDIAN brain and US money combo to counter china.
Americans gained access to immense resources the most critical being oil and gained transit routes for pipelines. they will make ten times as how much they spend. they also destroyed one of the biggest anti american regimes in the world while putting dozens of military bases in the region surrounding their real enemy Iran

America is not the sole superpower in the world because they're short sighted.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
other than economy what and how are they superior?
Their industrial capabilities(specifically the aviation one)
Forex reserves
Military might(on paper but I doubt their military prowess).
Un security council permanent seat.

I am otm shank

Their industrial capabilities(specifically the aviation one)
Forex reserves
Military might(on paper but I doubt their military prowess).
Un security council permanent seat.
first two are economy

which aviation edge does China have? copying 80 Era soviets so badly it matches 70s Era Soviet aviation tech?

military prowess? human wave attacks are not prowess but desperate and shows lack of sophistication.

un security council chair makes them superior how? it just shows why the UN is becoming irrelevant and ineffective when it has a dictatorship that vetos declaring terrorists formally because they want to play regional politics.

China may be richer and have abundant dollar store infastructure but don't think that makes China superior.

vinuzap

and also liberalisation in china started in 78 and by the time we started liberalisation in 91 they had the hold

indian economy in next 20 years will boom ahead, military prowress is on rise

I am otm shank

and also liberalisation in china started in 78 and by the time we started liberalisation in 91 they had the hold

indian economy in next 20 years will boom ahead, military prowress is on rise
as an outsider looking in I've noticed China is looking for quantity and India for quality.

it's like the fable of the tortoise and hare. India may be slow paced like the tortoise buy it's sure. we can give China credit for being quick and for being clever but honestly can we really credit them for anything other than enslaving their lower class to work for peanuts to manufacture questionable goods to the west to give the cccp a high Forex reserve?

I'm confident our dharmic community will be secure and prosper if we keep up our progress based instead of the Chinese model

raja696

Antagonizing Sri Lanka will definitely harden Sri Lankans more resolute to the Indian hegemony. It will create a valuable opportunity for the Chinese to settle in the island more aggressively. Therefore the best possible solution for the Chinese intervention in IOR is that to let Sri Lankans decide what they like to do in their own soil and help Sri Lanka to reduce Chinese debt.
Lol my point is Indians don't have and even don't know meaning of hegemony at present in there diplomacy. So what ever ur pointing to 'hegemony' :) is imaginary bong.

If India really asserts its position, (lol first it has to learn hegemony from china). Ok if that is the case srilanka may have to learn some serious lessons. Because it should not take naivety for opportunity. If we r not safe dont expect you will be protected and be safe.

So ball is srilanka court. Its up to you. But India has to make its stand clear.

Spectribution

Tihar Jail
Banned
Not as far as you think. China has consistently shown that IOR is not India's backyard by sending it's warship discreetly.
Well good luck with your puny military. India is soon going to add the state of sri lanka to tamil nadu. Even the yellow bastards won't be able to save you.

dude00720

Country flag
Well good luck with your puny military. India is soon going to add the state of sri lanka to tamil nadu. Even the yellow bastards won't be able to save you.
This guy is not representative of Sinhala View. He is just being a Chinese Plant. Sinhalas have issues with Tamilians, but are quite good Otherwise with Indians.

HeinzGud

Country flag
This guy is not representative of Sinhala View. He is just being a Chinese Plant. Sinhalas have issues with Tamilians, but are quite good Otherwise with Indians.
Do you have any proof for your allegations? Even today you can see how many people oppose the ECTA agreement. It's not mere a protest against Tamils,

dude00720

Country flag
Do you have any proof for your allegations? Even today you can see how many people oppose the ECTA agreement. It's not mere a protest against Tamils,
Actually I do. I visit Sri Lanka regularly on business. One of my investors is a Sri lankan.

aliyah

in sl there is huge public protests against Chinese companies. this has really scared sl govt . they know india and how it lead to civil war

HeinzGud

Country flag
Actually I do. I visit Sri Lanka regularly on business. One of my investors is a Sri lankan.
Your opinion is biased. Business owners do like cheap Indian labor. But the majority of common people dislike any sort of labor associated with India.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles