China, Taiwan protest fatal shooting of fisherman by Philippines

Oblaks

Ok, I understand your argument is suicidal boat ramming is a common practice? Sorry, this does not make any sense. Think again, a small boat made of glass fiber ramming much bigger steal patrol boat with machine gun. It seems like you are refusing to use logic. Are you saying this is what happen in this incident? A small glass fishing boat attempted to ram much larger steel patrol boat equipped with machine gun. This clearly defy logic to me.
The fishing boat threatened to ram the cg vessel so that the other fishing boats can evade.

amoy

The Taiwan ship was about to ram the CG ship. The machine gun fire was meant to disable the machinery. That was the report coming out from manila. Thingking about it also, if the machine guns were aimed at the fishermen, not only one would have died and died with multiple gunshot wounds.

Its also funny how the news from beijing was reported qhere they purposely erased thw islands (not disputed) at the tip of the Philippines to make it look like to clueless readers that the incident happened outside of philippine waters.
What? A trawler of this size (exactly this very one) >>

Trying to ram a CG ship like this >>

?? And 52 bullet holes were left on the trawler. And CG chased the fishing boat and shot all the way, and didn't get aboard it to arrest anybody after its engine was disabled or bunker drained. Can the report be made a bit credible?

http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/05/1...matum-to-philippines-over-fishermans-killing/
"If the Filipino government fails to respond in a positive manner within 72 hours, the hiring of Philippine workers will be frozen," said presidential office spokeswoman Lee Chia-fei.

There are about 87,000 Philippine domestic helpers and other workers in Taiwan and they send home hundreds of millions of dollars a year.

More than 50 bullets hit the 15-tonne Kuang Ta Hsin No 28, killing skipper Hung Shih-cheng. "This is nothing but a slaughter," prosecutor Liu Chia-kai said after examining the ship.

Zero_Wing

Ok, I understand your argument is suicidal boat ramming is a common practice? Sorry, this does not make any sense. Think again, a small boat made of glass fiber ramming much bigger steal patrol boat with machine gun. It seems like you are refusing to use logic. Are you saying this is what happen in this incident? A small glass fishing boat attempted to ram much larger steel patrol boat equipped with machine gun. This clearly defy logic to me.
Well in this case our patrol craft is not a normal coast guard vessel in fact it was speed boat half the size of the imperial Vessel of your Taiwanese brothers the ship is maned by the PCG for the BFAR (Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources) Just Equipment just like the navy our coast guard has a small budget to cover whole Philippines (which a country made out of 7,000 plus islands) a lot of water to cover and protect so the coast guard teams up with them since they have almost the same mandate and they could have free boat out of it so a civil small speed boat was covered to be use a law enforcement vessel i mean think if you ram a ship half your size you damage it to sink sure the ramming ship will have damage but it would more fatal to the smaller ship not to mention force and material that both vessel are made etc of and plus in international law when a law enforcement vessel ask you to halt you halt and be inspected you don't ram it i mean Russia shot your ship and you said nothing about it and they fire away just warned your ships after that nothing just fire? now its us the first people to comment about it was the mainland hahaha funny and they making a fuss about it now they draging people just doing jobs in their country typical imperial chinese attitudes anyway i mean its in Batanes Province (a group of islands that makes one provinces) Its not even disputed and its not a EZZ its our home waters its like fishing inside shanghai raising our flag in your own waters and try to ram any of your ships like it like some kind fire ships in the old days.

You people both you mainlanders have no right to angry at us for protecting our homes you have no respect for your neighboring countries that's why it happen its unfortunate because of the lost of life rest in peace but you try to ram a PCG boat small or not its hostile act regardless of its outcome in our home waters that's the most insulting of it all you have the nerve to get mad at us while your people have been benefiting from my country resources killing literary millions of Filipinos slowly may i add because you people are take their livelihoods away and killing their our environments with your methods of fishing and killing endangered spices protected by Philippine law. How about thier justice some of them are victims of ramming too by chinese imperial vessels especially mainland vessels we complain about but the mainland just brush it like those 4 people who died were nothing and one is still missing and it happen 100 to 80 miles near the Philippines which the only distance our banka (small motorized wooden boats) can go so tell me who is the real criminal here?

With that reasons and many more we the rest of the world don't believe in so called peaceful rise of the chinese imperial communist government the evidence just speaks for itself and now the Imperials in Taiwan are just using this issue to up the image of this President Ma, Its funny that you people are demonizing the Philippines and its people while your using this to forward your political, Imperial ambitions to think using a dead man's death and asking for justice while you and your brothers are stealing and killing millions from your occupied territories and weaker states and advance political image for shame for both of you!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Any cogent impact below a ship's Plimsoll line can cause a ship to sink as the water gushes in and if the compartments are not locked.

In any event the ship will list.

amoy

And it happened within China aka Taiwan ROC's EEZ

Zero_Wing

Wow i never knew batanes province is now Imperial territory 80 kilometers off Batanes.

amoy

Wow i never knew batanes province is now Imperial territory 80 kilometers off Batanes.
Who claimed your Batanes? That's China's EEZ . And mind u on that trawler there were totally 4 fishermen only, 3 Taiwanese + 1 Indonesian. Ramming your PCG? Only in a fiction!

As per the infamous dashes?
What dashes? That's on West Pacifc.

Zero_Wing

Who claimed your Batanes? That's China's EEZ . And mind u on that trawler there were totally 4 fishermen only, 3 Taiwanese + 1 Indonesian. Ramming your PCG? Only in a fiction!

oh please our country is archipelago if your talking about EZZs we should take first priority please you and your brothers are thief sorry for the Taiwanese but thief is a thief

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

West Pacific?

You got claims there too?

Like Guam and Hawaii?

Zero_Wing

Lets face it china and all chinese majority countries (expect Singapore who has nothing to do this) are troublemakers

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
All this boils down to the fact that it was a 'fishy affair'!

ladder

Country flag
No,not common but has happened.
The USS Cole incident.

Does any patrol vessel take chance when an non responsive boat comes inside the defensive perimeter of the patrol craft at ramming speed?
Can they risk the lives of on duty men and officers lives?

Though I am not aware of all details in this case, but suicidal ramming has precedent.

Oblaks

1. First of all. Taiwan is not a UN recognized state so Taiwan does not have an EEZ. OK let us say Taiwan does have an EEZ. Taiwans EEZ overlaps with The Philippine EEZ. According to Internatinal rules, if two nation's EEZ overlaps, a delineation must be made by both sides.. if there is no delineation in place, any point at which the EEZs overlap will default to the nearest state. Now the incident happened 180 miles from Taiwan and 43 miles from the Philippines. Now do the math and answer the question; did the Taiwan boat intruded? An investigation in Taiwan has already confimed that the ship was outside the border of control of Taiwan.

2. The firing was done to disable the ship and not kill the people. 52 bullets out a machine gun is not so much. a 0.50 caliber machine gun can fire 50 rounds per minute. And if these guns were aimed at the fishermen, sure all of them will be dead with multiple gunshot wounds. The bullet hitting one fisherman only once was an accident. An accident which happened in self defense as the Taiwan boat tried to ram the coast guard ship so that the other boats can escape. The coast guard ship is not a navy ship. It is a apeed boat roughly the size of the Taiwan boat. There is a video and after the investigation, it will be released.

3. The Philippine Navy was reported in Taipeh and Beijing as the one behind the shooting. The Philipine Navy denied it because all of their ships at that time was docked. Later The Coast Guard admitted that they were involved in the incident. That is contrary to what most Chinese believed that the PHgovernment first denied then admitted to the shooting.

Oblaks

Investigation by Taiwanese Coast Guard Authority has confirmed that the boat indeed has intrude Philippinese EEZ; even outside Taiwan self-proclaimed temporary control border.

http://www.cga.gov.tw/GipOpen/wSite/...8153033684.pdf
Guess what... the website is now down...hahaha

anyway the reported events were like this

Boat Operation:
Time: 05.00
Coordinate: 19' 50" N; 123' 24" E
10 nm outside Taiwan control border

Incident:
Time: 09.45
Coordinate: 19' 58" N; 122' 58" E
1.8 nm outside Taiwan control border

Incident Reported to Taiwan Authority:
Time: 13.04
Coordinate: 20' 07" N; 123' 01" E
5 nm insider Taiwan control border

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m235/hand15/Taiwanboat.jpg

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This is the fault of Mainland China. Its policy of territorial bullying is causing its smaller neighbors especially those directly affected to be edgy. Unfortunately in this case some poor Taiwanese fisherman is the victim. The more China pushes the Philippines and Vietnam to the wall the more these smaller countries will become insecure and defensive. So we should expect more of these kind of incidents.

Oblaks

This is the fault of Mainland China. Its policy of territorial bullying is causing its smaller neighbors especially those directly affected to be edgy. Unfortunately in this case some poor Taiwanese fisherman is the victim. The more China pushes the Philippines and Vietnam to the wall the more these smaller countries will become insecure and defensive. So we should expect more of these kind of incidents.
could not agree more!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles