China should strengthen force on Indian border, researcher says

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
China should strengthen force on Indian border, researcher says
By Saibal Dasgupta, TNN | Jan 16, 2013, 05.47 AM IST

BEIJING: A Chinese expert has advised the government to increase supervision on its border with India after New Delhi's decision to form a new mountain strike corps for the 3,380km-long border that the two countries share in total.

Reacting to a news report in The Times of India, Fu Xiaoqiang, researcher from the China Institute of Contemporary International Relations, said, "China should strengthen its supervision and control over the border area with India."

The formation of a new corps shows India sees China as its military competitor, Fu was quoted by Beijing-based newspaper the Global Times.

The TOI report said that the new corps, having around 40,000 soldiers, will be formed during India's 12th Five-Year Plan from 2012 to 2017, at an estimated cost of 810 billion rupees ($14.9 billion). The idea is to build the capability of launching counter-offensives into the Tibet Autonomous Region against potential "Chinese attacks."

However, Fu felt the Indian proposal has little relation to a military exercise carried out by the Chinese air force over the Tibet Autonomous Region in December. It is part of India's overall plan to strengthen its military power along its border with China, he said.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Indeed, China would be on the correct lines if they add more troops to the border.

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
China has launched numerous military exercise near Tibetan border area in recent years to strength her mountain divisions combat abilities and readiness,and we all know that they didn't do that for nothing

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
All armies do exercises along the border.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
lol,right ,you also noticed that they are the decoy weapons.
If they are the decoy weapon, how come those who are to target them are missing by miles?

Do you keep decoy weapons bunched up so that the margin of misses becomes zero?

I am sorry I have not understood what you are trying to get at.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
maybe in India,but in China.and China intensifies this rare exercise remarkably in recent years.
These exercises cost a lot of money.

So, China is saving on money.

Good thing and wise.

shiphone

Country flag
I can't see any logic here ,the PLA is INCREASING these training activities and holding more exercises than ever.and I don't think PLA will be worrying about the funds in the near future unlike some other country...

Unlike IA ,we didn't see any new units raised or redeployed into Xizhang(Tibet)region so far and as I know,no such plan in near future... as I said in another thread, Every year, different units(including AF units) from East ,North East ,South China were transported onto Qingzhang plateau (around 5000M altitud area) by Air ,Rail and Road.... PLA held servial yearly excises for the different units from other flat-bottomed land Military Reagions...the new Defense theory of China has been changed from "Regional Defence' to ' All Territory Maneuvering Defence' for years...PLA is improving the the current force's Strategic mobility to enhance its power and it also should thanks to the big improvement of infrastructure all over the country.

on the contrary ,IA is or is Planning to Raise new Mountain Divs and Mountain Strik Corps which means more personnel and equipments deployed in these area In advance...and I think it might cost more.

From this meaning ,we could say:

So, China is saving on money.

Good thing and wise.
----------------------------
these days ...a new exercise is going on in North China ,some high and cold area. ..national news is keeping this updated every day , or every hours...LOL

some real time pix...

Last edited:

natarajan

what is the need of putting soldiers in border as india is a peacefull nation and it wont retaliate even pakistan beheads soldiers

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I can't see any logic here ,the PLA is INCREASING these training activities and holding more exercises than ever.and I don't think PLA will be worrying about the funds in the near future unlike some other country...

Unlike IA ,we didn't see any new units raised or redeployed into Xizhang(Tibet)region so far and as I know,no such plan in near future... as I said in another thread, Every year, different units(including AF units) from East ,North East ,South China were transported onto Qingzhang plateau (around 5000M altitud area) by Air ,Rail and Road.... PLA held servial yearly excises for the different units from other flat-bottomed land Military Reagions...the new Defense theory of China has been changed from "Regional Defence' to ' All Territory Maneuvering Defence' for years...PLA is improving the the current force's Strategic mobility to enhance its power and it also should thanks to the big improvement of infrastructure all over the country.

on the contrary ,IA is or is Planning to Raise new Mountain Divs and Mountain Strik Corps which means more personnel and equipments deployed in these area In advance...and I think it might cost more.

From this meaning ,we could say:

----------------------------
these days ...a new exercise is going on in North China ,some high and cold area. ..national news is keeping this updated every day , or every hours...LOL
Your operative word was this rare exercise .

Rare!

shiphone

Country flag
Rare ?Really? I'm afraid this means hardly being reported before...as a so-called China watcher, I think you could understand it, this is chinese style..Typical...do first then keep slient or talk if necessary...

a big talker keep bla.bla..bla... is not welcomed in our culture , unlike in some other country.

-----------------------------------------
recently ...the mobility training and exercise under the cold weather were held in the north China...

the Temp around -30 Celsius degrees ....Altitude: 1500 Meters

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
No matter even if india spends 1 trillion on there defence per year.china will be a winner becuase they are natural born warrior and defeating them is next to impossible

china on the other hand should not deploy more than 2 division.they are more than enough for both defensive and offensive purpose at any scale against whole indian armed forces

Country flag
China has lost last 2 wars it has fought Vietnam and Japan, we know Pakistan is a slave of
China but can you give some proof for your ass kissing?

t_co

China has lost last 2 wars it has fought Vietnam and Japan, we know Pakistan is a slave of
China but can you give some proof for your ass kissing?
If I recall, China won vs Japan in 1945. 1979 was a stalemate.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles