China seeks military bases in Pakistan

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That was one of the most polite way to tell you that you are talking through your hat!

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
worked up by another piece of junk by the west?

grow up, you guys!

the British was once your master. it is no more.

So a proud nation that iNDIA IS, have your own NATIONAL language for staters!
I personally think, the Japanese should have stayed over for some decades more. You would have had wonderful cities and beautiful technological progress. Look at what Mao's commies did to your country. All great leaps and revolutions... :sad:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
countdown began for making Pakistan another province of china of China, i wonder what they are going to call it ??

agentperry

china having base in pakistan is a disturbing thing but if they somehow manage to drill into gilgit baltistan then its party time for india as internationally we can turn the table over kashmir issue.

this base report is new but concept is old. the root of it lies in the partition of PoK which was useless at that time. without and reason and cause pakistan tore tha kashmir and now i see the reason, they knew the future and now handing over the gilgit to china will be at the cost of pakistan turning protectorate of china. they dont have to spend heavily on defence as everything will come from china and also they can now focus on economy. double game they played back in mid 2000s. f*ck the smarties of isi.

agentperry

grow up, you guys!

develop your brain so as you dont end up copying everything. national language. 1200+ lang in india which one to choose? we have preserved everything in the spirit of multi-cultural-ism which is not a party paper policy. meanwhile brits were your masters too i guess with russians japs and others having a piece of pie. history is not a cpc dictate, its a done part

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I wonder if it has any connection with the raillink they are building through Northern Area of POK.

Flank protection maybe i.e. ensure sanitisation and reaction from NWFP.

Or is it that they want to extend it to Afghanistan so that they can take the minerals they are mining out there to China.

I believe China is building a railway into CAR and linking that with Herat in Afghanistan as also having a leg into Iran!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I personally think, the Japanese should have stayed over for some decades more. You would have had wonderful cities and beautiful technological progress. Look at what Mao's commies did to your country. All great leaps and revolutions... :sad:
That statement downplays the great loss of life China suffered under the Japanese.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That statement downplays the great loss of life China suffered under the Japanese.
It was a victory for the Chinese.

It shook them up to realise what occupation means.

Gave them time to think and realise their 100 years of Shame!

They were all shook up!

They were singing this:

Last edited by a moderator:

charlyondfi

Dear Banglorean:

I sincerely hope you are NOT extending this logic to all other countries once ruled/occupied by Japan, including the short period in WW2. If so, I don't think you have picture about how many people massacred, abused, enslaved, discriminated & denied basic right & opportunities, genocideS (YES, genocideS). Personally, I think it will be such a strong offense to all these people: Philippines, Vietnamese, Malaysians, Thai, and oh, yes, those died Indian soldiers died in Imphal battle...

Perhaps Indian do miss those colony period under British, I don't know. Nevertheless, I personally will keep praying all this colonial period will become real history & no more -- no matter how many beautiful so-called "civilization" & "modernization" perhaps you think can justify the dead...

charlyondfi

It was a victory for the Chinese.

It shook them up to realise what occupation means.

Gave them time to think and realise their 100 years of Shame!

They were all shook up!

They were singing this:

Ray, Taiwan is under Japan ruling for 50 years. Let me tell you, Taiwanese do NOT miss it...
How about you? miss the colony period under British?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Dear Banglorean:

I sincerely hope you are NOT extending this logic to all other countries once ruled/occupied by Japan, including the short period in WW2. If so, I don't think you have picture about how many people massacred, abused, enslaved, discriminated & denied basic right & opportunities, genocideS (YES, genocideS). Personally, I think it will be such a strong offense to all these people: Philippines, Vietnamese, Malaysians, Thai, and oh, yes, those died Indian soldiers died in Imphal battle...

Perhaps Indian do miss those colony period under British, I don't know. Nevertheless, I personally will keep praying all this colonial period will become real history & no more -- no matter how many beautiful so-called "civilization" & "modernization" perhaps you think can justify the dead...
In history,be it of any country, there will be eras of doom and destruction by conquerors.

Some such conquerors go away and some remain behind and assimilate themselves to the county they conquered.

However, to brood or bear grudges only burns oneself from inside and one cannot grasp the benefits of the real world of the present.

The British did great harm and yet, we are a forgiving people, they also did good. We rather look at the good and dim the visions of the bad, so that we can reap the harvest of the modern reality.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ray, Taiwan is under Japan ruling for 50 years. Let me tell you, Taiwanese do NOT miss it...
How about you? miss the colony period under British?
No, we do not miss the British period of our history.

But unlike the Japanese who treated you as worse than slaves, the British allowed us some space and even participation in their administration and be a part of the growth of India, albeit British India of that time.

That is the difference.

BTW, what do the yuánzhùmín (indigenous people of Taiwan or Formosa) think about the Hans, who are basically conquerors?

After all, Taiwan is not yours, It is theirs!

Sikh_warrior

Professional
we should all welcome the chinese base in the tribal areas of pakistan, because atleast the growth of chinese food and massage parlours will boost the local economy!

well on a more serious note, it shows the world that pakistan is impotent as ever and it will sell itself to the highest bidder!

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

grow up, you guys!

Really? What do you make of this then:

Which master do you want me to start for you with? :lol:.

This is why you need to realize the ancient phrase: Silence is Golden.

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
U can live in the history, and dreaming.
we are working hard in the real world, and planning u future .LOL

Really? What do you make of this then:

Which master do you want me to start for you with? :lol:.

This is why you need to realize the ancient phrase: Silence is Golden.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
U can live in the history, and dreaming.
we are working hard in the real world, and planning u future .LOL
If you don't want historical reminders, don't start talking crap about others' history. As such 90% of your history comes doctored and "state-approved" I am surprised how your modern generations know about colonial occupations in your land.

Save your Red party from a counter revolution in coming future rather than worrying about us. Hiding and doctoring half your news will not make the troubles vanish.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
we should all welcome the chinese base in the tribal areas of pakistan, because atleast the growth of chinese food and massage parlours will boost the local economy!

well on a more serious note, it shows the world that pakistan is impotent as ever and it will sell itself to the highest bidder!
If they are massaged by the Pathans, then there will be a huge crisis for China Pakistan relationship!

:rofl:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If you don't want historical reminders, don't start talking crap about others' history. As such 90% of your history comes doctored and "state-approved" I am surprised how your modern generations know about colonial occupations in your land.

Save your Red party from a counter revolution in coming future rather than worrying about us. Hiding and doctoring half your news will not make the troubles vanish.
The only history of China's colonisation that they are supposed to know is the '100 years of Shame'.

100 years of humiliation'

In Chinese schools, students learn about "100 years of humiliation" by Western powers, from the virtual takeover of Chinese trade by European countries and the U.S. in the 1800s to Japan's brutal invasion of the country before and during the Second World War.

For Canadians, this is ancient history, but Chinese civilization is thousands of years old, and recent centuries seem like yesterday, says Jan Wong, a former Beijing correspondent for the Globe and Mail.

"In Canada, our history is so short," Wong says. "We've never been really invaded or occupied. We don't know what it's like to lose control of our borders. We just don't get it."

After the Communist takeover in Beijing in 1949, the West recognized Taiwan's government as the legitimate representative of China. That, combined with Mao Zedong's zealous drive to mould a revolutionary society out of centuries of feudalism, helped isolate Asia's largest country for generations.

Those memories still smoulder in China and help explain why Western concerns about Tibet, human rights and even pollution in Beijing often raise hackles.

Pro-Tibet protests during the Olympic torch relay to Beijing were to many Chinese yet more foreign interference in their country's internal affairs, just like the Opium Wars of the mid-19th century.

Hosting the Olympics was a dream of China's elite for more than a century, according to sports historian Xu Guoqi of Kalamazoo College in Michigan, a chance to show the world that the country mattered.
'Sick man of Asia' no more

"It would mean that China could finally put the 19th-century label 'sick man of Asia' behind it, " Xu told CBC.ca, "and demonstrate that it must be treated as a major international power."

The Chinese charcters forming the word 'weiji,' which means crisis or, literally, 'danger-opportunity.'

Xu reaches into the subtle and nuanced world of Chinese calligraphy to explain how the Olympics are viewed across his country.

The games, he says, are a weiji, a word formed from two Chinese characters — wei for danger, ji for opportunity. Literally, weiji means crisis, but it also takes its definition from its two root words.

"There are dangers [in hosting the Games]," Xu says, "There's pollution, traffic, the threat of terrorism and the possibility of mismanagement. But there's also great opportunity for China to shine. That's weiji."

Westerners often misunderstand the subtleties and nuances of China, says Daniel Bell, a Canadian who teaches philosophy at Beijing's Tsinghua University, mistaking Chinese nationalism for blind obedience to authority.

"People here are aware of the problems their country faces, now and in the coming years," says Bell, author of China's New Confucianism, Politics and Everyday Life in a Changing Society, "They are very self-critical, and many see the Olympics as a chance to show the world a friendly face, confident, not bullied by foreign powers, but not chauvinistically nationalist either."
Tone down nationalism: authorities

Some China experts are pessimistic though. Charles Burton of Brock University in St. Catherines, Ont., says hosting the Olympics could in the long term make China more dangerously nationalistic.

"It could embolden [China] to try to reassert what's seen as its natural role in international affairs, the role it occupied over 1,000 years when it was militarily and politically dominant in the world," Burton says.

For months, the Chinese authorities have told local sports fans to tone down nationalism in the stands at the Olympics, to behave with decorum and respect, even toward nationals of countries that have antagonized them in the past.

How the world reacts to China before, during and after the Games will be just as crucial as the outcome of the Games, according to some experts.

Xu Guoqi of Kalamazoo College says Chinese people will be watching media coverage and comments from foreign governments closely, and what's perceived as anti-China sentiment could have lasting effects on how the country relates to the rest of the world.

Yiyi Lu of Britain's Royal Institute for International Affairs agrees.

'There is potential for a nasty backlash.'—Yiyi Lu, Royal Institute of International Affairs

"As globalization and China's development bring more people into contact with the West," he wrote in Britain's Guardian newspaper, "there is the potential for a nasty backlash. Managing the expectations of the Chinese people is therefore an important task ... if they don't want to see anti-Western feelings grow."

There's evidence that Chinese intellectuals share these concerns. A recent commentary in the Beijing magazine Nan Feng Chuang warns that rising tides of chauvinism can only harm the country.

"To constrain and tame nationalism, to neutralize and confine it to reasonable proportions, we need to safeguard complete openness towards the outside world. This is the best and only way to prevent nationalism from spinning out of control," says the essay.
China rising... and rising

About one thing there is no dispute: the economic and political resurgence of China will continue and intensify. Chinese investors are active in markets everywhere; rising Chinese demand for food, oil, minerals and consumer goods has driven up prices — and often incomes —around the world. Beijing is a key global player at the United Nations, the World Trade Organization and other international organizations.

China matters, and managing relations between Beijing and the rest of the world has never been more important and more demanding of subtlety or insight.

According to Jan Wong, whose latest book is Beijing Confidential: A Tale of Comrades Lost and Found, economics, culture and communications are changing the nature of how the Chinese relate to the world, and this is a good thing.

"There is so much going on right now. There's business, tourism, student exchanges, a huge degree of cultural cross-fertilization," says Wong.

"Everything is moving so fast in China."
Emerging from history's humiliation - World - CBC News
One should read the comments on this article in the link.

The Chinese émigré and their descendants still think of Plymouth Ho! (Ref Drake's Drum) and very ferociously possessive about China wanting it to be No 1 over the country of their domicile/ birth to which they came to escape the deprivations they faced in China!!

Loyal chaps!

Last edited:

charlyondfi

No, we do not miss the British period of our history.
But unlike the Japanese who treated you as worse than slaves, the British allowed us some space and even participation in their administration and be a part of the growth of India, albeit British India of that time.
That is the difference.
BTW, what do the yuánzhùmín (indigenous people of Taiwan or Formosa) think about the Hans, who are basically conquerors?
After all, Taiwan is not yours, It is theirs!
Dear Ray:

we are NOT talking about who is the most "indigenous" or "owner" of some place (after all, as far as I learned, modern Indian can be very different from ancient ones. I could be wrong and pls correct/forgive me this),
we are talking the justification of colonization. I can accept your point that people should look ahead and at bright side, instead staying in dark ones. Still, my point holds, there should be NEVER, EVER justification to colonize others.

As for so-called yuánzhùmín, they are NOT even the most original people in Taiwan. Historians believe there are even earlier, like Malays coming from SEA, is the most original people explore & stay in Taiwan. I do NOT deny Hans "conquare" yuánzhùmín. But again, I am NOT arguing who is the real indigenous, but about justification of an ugly period: in your case, you do imply China should stay under colonization/occupy by Japan, and some good assets can justify, which is absolutely wrong and upset me.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles