China says it is no threat to India

shotgunner

But China's continued support to Pak will result in their ass getting bitten. Pak is like HIV, you dont know you got it till your ass starts to bleed.
The country of Pakistan is like HIV ... where were you educated?

By the way, I never heard of HIV can do that ass bleeding thing, must be a personal experience to say that, my sympathy

Sure bi-lateral trade but guys no offense 'made in China' is no brand name. Quality sucks, reliability sucks, and having Chinese influence in India is not good. As of now we shoot commy bastards because they are a menace in orissa, AP, Jharkhand, etc. **** em. I don't support trade with a nation that isn't democratic in its ideals and way of working. The commy party in china is still very authoritarian in nature.
I thought over there it's a freely competitive, democratic & open market where people buy what they want, and equally important, what they can afford, or is it not? On quality, reliability, & price, supplier can't make sole decision, demander balance out the equation. So yes, quality sucks, reliability sucks.

Hooray, democracy! Let's stop buying oil from royal family of Saudi Arabia.

You can shoot people there like shooting turkeys in the wild? **** that, what a great democracy! We can't do it here, **** totalitarian regime!

shotgunner

look at Chinese economy before and after MFN status, that has been the catalyst for the economy.
First of all, MFN/NTR/PNTR is a long list of countries of which economic progress vary dramatically, hence MFN is not the dominant factor for China's economic growth but something else or a basket of somethings else.

Secondly, MFN is not unilateral (WTO basic), look at US agricultural economy after that. The "if" of US removing China's MFN/PNTR is unimaginable from a US national interests POV. What's your view?

Lastly, India being a founder member of 1947 GATT (WTO since 1995), why you said "...China has the advantage of having a MFN status from America for trade..."?

Country flag
First of all, MFN/NTR/PNTR is a long list of countries of which economic progress vary dramatically, hence MFN is not the dominant factor for China's economic growth but something else or a basket of somethings else.

Secondly, MFN is not unilateral (WTO basic), look at US agricultural economy after that. The "if" of US removing China's MFN/PNTR is unimaginable from a US national interests POV. What's your view?

Lastly, India being a founder member of 1947 GATT (WTO since 1995), why you said "...China has the advantage of having a MFN status from America for trade..."?
MFN allows for special trade privaleges and quotas that other nations do not receive, it is a bi lateral relationship being USA getting low cost goods and labor.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Stuka, Badguy,Shotgunner and Koji.........yes koji too...

We all know China is much ahead of India economically and the secret of this amazing success low cost production. Would you like to share with us how China does this which no other country in the world cant. It will really be interesting and beneficial for us too.

Regards,

T

tianzhushaonv

Among the many puzzles of China, what strikes a visitor from India is, where are all the people in the world’s most populous country?! In India, you throw a stone in any direction and a group will surface from nowhere. In China, the crowds may be visible in some public places, but there are vast expanses of empty spaces as well. Our government offices are filled with petitioners and complainants, files in all corners and paan stained walls. In the government headquarters of Pudong, the largest financial district in China, except for the receptionist, there is no one to be seen. The large plaza outside the 21 storey office building is deserted. One hardly sees more than a pedestrian or two as you drive past the Sozhou economic zone where dozens of American companies from Delta to Cal-Comp have their manufacturing units and offices. In the two day train journey from Beijing to Lhasa, very few people are visible in the countryside.

After a fortnight, I can only conclude that the reason the Chinese are far less visible in their country than we are in ours, is that unlike us, the Chinese know their place in the scheme of things and do not stray from it. On the roads, cars drive in neat lines in the middle, cyclists on a separate side road, and pedestrians on the pavement. And during office hours, they don’t indulge in “time pass”, unlike us. As our guide Bernie explains, perturbed by the constant inability of our entourage of Indian women journalists to reach the bus on time, “Time is money. I have no time for my father or girlfriend, I can’t waste it waiting for you!”

In the Confucian philosophy, reinforced by Marxist dogma, respect flows from bottom to top, and the diktat from the top cannot be altered down the line. We found ourselves banging against a stone wall every time we pleaded for a change in the pre-determined itinerary. It was futile to argue that we had not come all the way to China to visit a printing press in Beijing, and we would prefer to see Tiananmen Square instead. Our very tolerant companions from the All China Journalists Association would explain patiently that their superior had decided the programme and they could not overrule his decision.

Individual initiative is clearly frowned upon. There was a fire alarm in our Shanghai hotel one night, but the only people who rushed down to the foyer in a state of noisy agitation were the Indians and Sudanese. The Chinese (including the girl at the desk) waited patiently for instructions.

The Chinese know their objectives and are not distracted by the world’s opinions or the need to explain. A visit to Tibet makes it clear that the Chinese have quietly and systematically altered the demographic profile of Lhasa forever. There are today more Han Chinese than ethnic Tibetans in the Tibetan capital, which is growing at a frantic pace. The key positions in the state industries and in government are held by the Han Chinese. The Tibetan quarters remain a tourist attraction but the community has been quietly marginalised. Dare one suggest that if such strong armed methods had been adopted in Kashmir, our Kashmir problem might have faded away a long ago.

Why India is constantly bracketed with China as an emerging power is another puzzle. China is at least a generation or two ahead of us. The cutting edge infrastructure — massive airports, an endless string of multi-level flyovers, rows of skyscrapers in Shanghai — are in your face reminders that we have a lot of catching up to do. A senior Indian diplomat describes China as a nation on steroids. The statistics speak for themselves. China’s per capita GDP is $2000 India’s $800; China’s FDI is $69.47 billion, India’s $16 billion.

One reason why China has marched so far ahead is the extraordinary ability of the Chinese to keep reshaping their landscape, and re-inventing their political system, without any major resistance or even debate. For instance, Beijing is being readied for the Olympics and the city has undergone a total transformation. Hundreds of old buildings knocked down, over 200 factories relocated, some major industrial units closed down and 50,000 polluting taxis and 3000 buses are to taken off the roads. In comparison, for the Commonwealth Games in Delhi, we are still debating whether a hundred trees can be cut down along the Mathura road to make way for a high speed corridor.
indian express
that s the only reason

Sabir

DFI TEAM
True...China and India has same type of advantages and disadvantages. Only difference China is trying to achieve its objective with an iron hand and we are .........you know.....

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Shotgunner, enough of your personal insults.

Try to focus on the issue rather than trying to insult the members. I hope you can take heed. Fast.

hbogyt

re

Shotgunner, enough of your personal insults.

Try to focus on the issue rather than trying to insult the members. I hope you can take heed. Fast.
I suggest a warning to the guy who implied that Pakistan is like HIV. Just my opinion, in case you didn't see that.

China has its success owing to good education and good infrastructure; also, a proper microeconomic strategy.

stuka

iron hand^-^...... I admit 60years ago it was true, but it was really effective and necessary at that time for new country without any industrial foundation.

As for nowadays, I think iron hand is the past. People living in the country are enjoying their life is more important than who suffering famine but live a so called democrat life.

I've read from paper that there are a lot of( millions) people in India do not have enough water in daily life and some are in famine.
A lot of children are short of education cause teaching resorces are insufficient in India.

A lot of facts show that India still can not take over China in Industry, education, Health Care, Welfare, etc respects.

I also heard of some inequality among ordinary people just cause their frist Name? I think at least, Chinese people treat equally to each other and each nation or each race.

We never say our DF-X could cover India and so. Please do not live in the cold war situation.

Indian friends, I think India should fristly enhance their industry and let more children go to school to have good education and give women more respects and improve people's living standard.
As regards threat from China, You'd better build up yourself, when you are strong enough u will find threat in vian.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
I suggest a warning to the guy who implied that Pakistan is like HIV. Just my opinion, in case you didn't see that.
Use the report button! Don't try and respond if you feel its a flame bait.

China has its success owing to good education and good infrastructure; also, a proper microeconomic strategy.
May be. :wink:

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
All those measures reduce production costs and encourage production.
Yes, they do. China has indeed done very well in manufacturing. The economies of scale are unprecedented and managing such capacities calls for appreciation.

johnee

China is not a threat to India? Yeah, right!:((

Army chief admits to Chinese incursion in J&K

Excerpt:
Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor on Monday admitted that a Chinese military helicopter had violated Indian airspace in Jammu and Kashmir two months ago. He said New Delhi had taken up the matter with Beijing.

India upset at Chinese incursions

Excerpt:
A confidential defence document accessed by PTI shows that Chinese helicopters entered into Indian air space along the Damchok area and Trig Heights in Ladakh and air dropped canned food.

Chinese Peoples' Liberation Army has been crossing over into the Indian side in this region quite frequently with August reporting the maximum number of incursions.

Several Chinese incursions in past few months: Indian Army

Excerpt:
“There have been several violations and one incursion by a Chinese helicopter in past few months. It could have happened due to a navigational error but that does not justify it. It was taken up at the border personnel meet,” Kapoor told reporters here.

nimo_cn

Country flag
well stuka the point is simple, China is scared of India becoming more powerful and hence china is trying to bolster it defenses, sucking up to PAk, because in the event of a war they can count on PAk to help, coz no one else will. The truth remains that in due time we will over take china in everything, wealth, power, numbers and the thought of that near future has got aging PLA, PLAN and PLAAF commanders worried. And being India, we respond to our threat perceptions. But China's continued support to Pak will result in their ass getting bitten. Pak is like HIV, you dont know you got it till your ass starts to bleed.

Sure bi-lateral trade but guys no offense 'made in China' is no brand name. Quality sucks, reliability sucks, and having Chinese influence in India is not good. As of now we shoot commy bastards because they are a menace in orissa, AP, Jharkhand, etc. **** em. I don't support trade with a nation that isn't democratic in its ideals and way of working. The commy party in china is still very authoritarian in nature.
My dear friend, China is scared of India? This is just your beautiful fantasy. Give me some reasons why china should be scared of India.
India has never been China's main concern, similar view has been raised by us again and again. On the contrary, i feel India is more worried about us.
Yes, China is trying to bolster its defenses and so is India. But India is not the target of the defence development of China, the rivals of China is dealing with are more powerful than India, that is why China keeps improving its military defence. And again i want to emphasize that India is not on the radar for now.

Pakistan is a friend of China, that is because it is nice to China, we will be nice to the people who are nice to us. China makes friend with Pakistan not to agaist India, again it is your fantasy, you think the enemy's friend is enemy.
Yes, you are right, we dont have much friends, so we are always on our own, but you know what, that is the reason why we always win, because we are always on our own. Good for India to have so many friends all over the world.

As for "made in China", yes , your are right again, some of them suck in quality and reliability. But i havent seen the "made in india", tell me where is "made in Inida", i still cant see it.
As for "I don't support trade with a nation that isn't democratic‘, i dont want to argue with you about whether China is democratic or not, it will be a waste of time. But i am wondering are you sure all the nations that Inida is doing business with are democratic, maybe you need to do some research before you say that.

vish

OoE
Sir, while I agree that these incursions do not mean much, but do you not think that the Chinese are not interested in "peaceful co-existence" (with India) given how they prop up Pakistan? I mean, blocking attempts to label LeT (the pig-bangers who did Mumbai) a terrorist organization do not yield any goodwill.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
My dear friend, China is scared of India? This is just your beautiful fantasy. Give me some reasons why china should be scared of India.
Competition for resources and challenging China's hegemony in Asia.

But India is not the target of the defence development of China, the rivals of China is dealing with are more powerful than India, that is why China keeps improving its military defence. And again i want to emphasize that India is not on the radar for now.
Defense development in China is of course not targeted against India alone but India is one among the targeted ones.

Pakistan is a friend of China, that is because it is nice to China, we will be nice to the people who are nice to us. China makes friend with Pakistan not to agaist India, again it is your fantasy, you think the enemy's friend is enemy.
:rofl: :rofl:. How naive can you get or act?. As is said many times on defence forums 'there are no permanent friends only permanent interests'. Pakistan is only a friend of China because it is in strategic interests of China to have Pakistan as ally to contain India not because its nice.

johnee

So they painted your snow yellow and I'm sure the Chinese have recorded you painting their snow yellow.
Sir,
it is not about one incursion(or even about multiple incursions), it is about the general pattern.
China tries to block a UNSC resolution against Let(and Saed Hafeez) after 26/11.
China tries to block a loan to India because it will be used in AP.
China helps Pakistan.
Chinese incursions have risen and their frequency increased.
News reports in China suggesting of breaking up India into 20-30 parts.

Anyone who sees the pattern, can see whether China is a threat to India or not. The news reports I posted was an evidence of the pattern followed by China to undermine India.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Competition for resources and challenging China's hegemony in Asia.

:rofl: :rofl:. How naive can you get or act?. As is said many times on defence forums 'there are no permanent friends only permanent interests'. Pakistan is only a friend of China because it is in strategic interests of China to have Pakistan as ally to contain India not because its nice.
Yes, there are and will be competetions between China and India, but saying China is scared of India is rediculous. And it is unwise for India to exaggerate this normal competetion to hostility. As for hegemony in Asia, we are not interested in such thing at all. All we want to do and we are doing is to develop the domestic economy, to improve our lives. Maybe we are improving relations with countries around India (there is no reasom we cant do that), but we are doing this because of business, and only business. And we will not do such thing as "blocking India". First, a fast-developing and stable India is good for China, it can provide plenty of opportunities of business. Second, it is meaningless to block India if it is suppoed to rise, just like nothing can stop China moving forward. Third, a responsible and strong India can help maintain the balance of the world. So containing India or blocking Inida is not in the interest of China.

Defense development in China is of course not targeted against India alone but India is one among the targeted ones.
All i have seen here is that India is trying to push itself to be the one of targets.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Yes, there are and will be competetions between China and India, but saying China is scared of India is rediculous.
I didn't say China is scared of India but sure it does feel heat of a growing India just like US feels the heat of growing China. Competition when severe also leads to hostility.

And it is unwise for India to exaggerate this normal competetion to hostility. As for hegemony in Asia, we are not interested in such thing at all. All we want to do and we are doing is to develop the domestic economy, to improve our lives. Maybe we are improving relations with countries around India (there is no reasom we cant do that), but we are doing this because of business, and only business.
How much business does China get from small countries like Sri Lanka. Read about 'String of Pearls" strategy of China to encircle India.

And we will not do such thing as "blocking India".
China did try dishonest ways to block NSG approval for nuclear trade with India.

First, a fast-developing and stable India is good for China, it can provide plenty of opportunities of business. Second, it is meaningless to block India if it is suppoed to rise, just like nothing can stop China moving forward. Third, a responsible and strong India can help maintain the balance of the world. So containing India or blocking Inida is not in the interest of China.
Then stop supporting rogue nation like Pakistan and using it against India. Till then these are hollow words.

All i have seen here is that India is trying to push itself to be the one of targets.
So, should we be subservient to chinese needs?. We don't have converging interests (with few exceptions) so it is likely to have such hostility between the two countries. Also China should stop supporting Pakistan militarily, stop regular incursions into India and recognize Arunachal Pradesh as part of India.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles