China refuses connect Afghanistan with Silk Road trade via Azure Route

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Re: China refuses connect Afghanistan with Silk Road trade via Azure R

I rest my case with this troll post. :wave:
RIP.

Rest in Peace.

I say it in a positive way since you have been exposed as a hallucinating troll and unable to prove a pork sausage.

bose

Country flag

Ghani-Abdullah partnership will reshape Afghan politics as both a nationalists who put Afghanistan first. It does not matter who hates whom more, it's the Afghan foreign policy that will make the difference. If you think Tajik/Uzbek/Pakhtoon hate Pakistan only then talk to the Afghani hindus who live in fear in Kabul and are treated really bad.

Sikhs And Hindus Flee Afghanistan As NATO Pulls Back
Even Muslims leave in fear in Afghanistan... The Hindus are east target by proxy like Taleban... The days of proxy rule using Taleban is over...

Ghani is playing his cards close to his chest... NA will shape the future foreign policy of Afghanistan...

amoy

Yes China is a heavy weight but India has its cards to play. When a big power like china ventures into a region, countries in that region call for counter weight so that they will not get bullied or their policies get hijacked.

For the time being Iran and India's strategic interests are converging in Afghanistan along with Russia, this also do not mean the three players are supporters of Northern Alliance so they implement the old soviet policies in Afghanistan.

Last 15 years have brought some changes in Afghanistan and all countries agree on one point that democracy is the future.
Your counter-weight theory doesn't work in Afghan scenario.

Who is to counter whom? China would rather see Iran and Pakistan play main roles in the vanguard and back them quietly so as to ensure her own interest.

Furthermore Afghanistan News - Afghan Taliban delegation visited China recently - China looks forward to an inclusive peace and reconciliation process in Afghanistan, which will in turn firewall the extremism infiltration.

I bet Taliban will win a fair ratio of votes in the 3rd world democracy like yours while Northern Alliance is always the minority. Northern Alliance certainly knows which side of the bread is buttered - the almighty China next door has all the means on the winning side.

China Iran rapport is known to all - Iran Likely to Hold Joint Naval Drill with Russia, China In addition to oil/trade and weaponry co-development, China (P5) is a party to Iran nuclear talks while India is nowhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

Once Chahbahar port is operational then I think some kind agreement will be signed between India-Iran-Afghanistan.
that is for sure - chipak has played into the hands of india-af'stan alliance

This is the idea of China and Pakistan.
Pakistan and China think they can dominate C.Asia once USA and NATO leaves. Prize for Pakistan is strategic depth and for China increasing the footprints in C.Asia and dominating there.

Russia is keen in partnering India and wants to work with its former soviet countries so that they will remain with Russia with out falling into Chinese sphere of influence.

USA and West want some one to balance the power of Chinese dominance there. But no one wants to go into Afghanistan to execute projects and improve the lives there.
that's basically it , in a nutshell - although you added more points in good support
chipak thinks that russian defeat in af'stan in 1991 and usa withdrawal means the whole
world has been given to china and pakista is their side-kick .....

even if it were true and china gained theo whole world, they would then promptly
give their side-kick a good ....kick !
packland has got to be kidding and a kid if they think china is gonna share rule with them
they will use you , then .....youre not a Han

Would be, should be, could be....the fact remains that Southern Afghanistan is still Taleban controlled and it will remain a Taleban stronghold for foreseeable future.
China is also keen to take over the Chahbahar port and link it with Gwadar. If that happens, India can say good bye to CAR. :)
Bro, so you openly admit you are in cahoots with those talebs in south af'stan ? ...they are always just a stone's-throw
away from most of your main institutions , sorrowfully, as evidenced recently and before , - and you still
want to party with them ? amazing !

but really, the bottom line is this
who would ever be silly enough to think that the denial of a road would prevent the "mighty Pakistan employed
shaheed-minded Taliban from entering neighboring east turkestan ?

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Would it possible for anybody to explain the advantages of this silk route via Gwadar port. Where do chinese expect to export to?

From my point of view I am seeing in the map, west of Gwadar is American territory in Arabic nations and South west are a series of failed nations like Sudan, Ethiopia etc. in Africa.

Maybe I missed something, but I am yet to see the benefits!!!

Neo

Bro, so you openly admit you are in cahoots with those talebs in south af'stan ? ...they are always just a stone's-throw
away from most of your main institutions , sorrowfully, as evidenced recently and before , - and you still
want to party with them ? amazing !

but really, the bottom line is this
who would ever be silly enough to think that the denial of a road would prevent the "mighty Pakistan employed
shaheed-minded Taliban from entering neighboring east turkestan ?
No ma'am, I am just saying that the Taleban who still control Southern Afghanistan have no love for India. If.cornered by the India backed NA, the Taleban will oppose the trade route to Chahbahar.
Pakistan has a working relationship with them, even the Americans have opened and maintained diplomatic channel with them thru Doha and now a Taleban delegation visited Beijing. What does it tell you?
India cannot put all her eggs in NA's basket and bypass the Taleban.

Having diplomatic ties with them, China and Pakistan have leverage. This is the harsh reality.

Neo

Would it possible for anybody to explain the advantages of this silk route via Gwadar port. Where do chinese expect to export to?

From my point of view I am seeing in the map, west of Gwadar is American territory in Arabic nations and South west are a series of failed nations like Sudan, Ethiopia etc. in Africa.

Gwadar provides western Chinese provinces a much shorter sea route to the ME, Africa and the EU. American presence in Arab Peninsular or failed states in Africa donot affect growing trade ties with China

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Gwadar provides western Chinese provinces a much shorter sea route to the ME, Africa and the EU. American presence in Arab Peninsular or failed states in Africa donot affect growing trade ties with China
Then in that case i have to say this thought process will exist only till Xi is the president, by the time his term is over china will be consumption based economy rather than a manufacturing based economy. They have already paid a heavy price for adopting manufacturing based economy. There are indicators this quarter which indicate this trend and will need 2 more years to confirm.

irrespective of the case how much will Pakistan earn annually if this silk route takes shape, any idea?

salute

Indian foeign policy is too weak and her wallet too small to compete with a giant like China.
paki country gonna be in that wallet too.:lol:

datguy79

Delusional Pakis still thinking the NA exists.:rofl:

It is about keeping all options open. Actually the route Afghanistan is most interested in is the so called "lapis lazuli" route which will connect Afghanistan-Turkmenistan-Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey via the Caspian Sea and onward towards Europe. This will effectively render any Pak/Iran/China economic pressure negligible.

Neo

Then in that case i have to say this thought process will exist only till Xi is the president, by the time his term is over china will be consumption based economy rather than a manufacturing based economy. They have already paid a heavy price for adopting manufacturing based economy. There are indicators this quarter which indicate this trend and will need 2 more years to confirm.

irrespective of the case how much will Pakistan earn annually if this silk route takes shape, any idea?
To be honest, I don't know what the fuss is about the Chinese economy. We can't expect her to keep growing at double digit figures, can we? With 7.7% she is still growing more than twice as fast as the Americans and even if she slows down to 5%, she will still be adding more than a trillion dollar to her GDP annualy and trade will grow.

Sino-Pak energy corridor will take decades to come to its full potential but it will certainly create millions of jobs in Pakistan and generate revenue. Gwadar will become the next Dubai, a thriving trade and manufacturing hub in time.

Neo

Delusional Pakis still thinking the NA exists.:rofl:

It is about keeping all options open. Actually the route Afghanistan is most interested in is the so called "lapis lazuli" route which will connect Afghanistan-Turkmenistan-Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey via the Caspian Sea and onward towards Europe. This will effectively render any Pak/Iran/China economic pressure negligible.
It's your delusional Indian friends dreaming to revive the NA, lol. :lol:

Aghanistan must explore all options, be it thru CAR and Turkey to EU or thru Gwadar/Chahbahar to the Indian Ocean and the rest of the world.
Afghan's natural resources consist of heavy metals and ores, quite expensive to transport via landriutes. Once the mass exploration starts, the dependence on both southern ports will grow.

datguy79

It's your delusional Indian friends dreaming to revive the NA, lol. :lol:

Aghanistan must explore all options, be it thru CAR and Turkey to EU or thru Gwadar/Chahbahar to the Indian Ocean and the rest of the world.
Afghan's natural resources consist of heavy metals and ores, quite expensive to transport via landriutes. Once the mass exploration starts, the dependence on both southern ports will grow.
Ok so? If the Chinese need their copper ore it will be transported to Tajikistan and from there by rail it can connect directly to the Chinese railwomay system. On the other hand the Indians can get their iron ore through Zaranj where it is a short route to Chabahar.

Gwadar will be of use to the Chinese for importing oil from the ME, but that is about it.

no smoking

Country flag

Exporting to middle east with everything Chinese produces.

American's military and political influence over there doesn't stop Chinese civilian and military products flooding African market.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

American's military and political influence over there doesn't stop Chinese civilian and military products flooding African market.
best of luck with your endeavours:thumb:

no smoking

Country flag

You got one thing wrong: consumption based economy doesn't mean that Chinese will stop manufacturing or manufacturing less from value. It only indicates a new trend: Chinese public will get a bigger share from their national production.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

You got one thing wrong: consumption based economy doesn't mean that Chinese will stop manufacturing or manufacturing less from value. It only indicates a new trend: Chinese public will get a bigger share from their national production.
i wrote exactly what i meant.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

you mean you will send to the v rich middle east the same chinese ttextiles and 2nd class
low price products that you are sending to the poorer nations of europe ?
and your gwadar will help get it there faster ? :rofl:
it will be a laughing -stock

as for selling to african countries - that is no doubt within your league - so stick to that, please
venturing into super-rich gulf is beyond your league

best of luck with your endeavours:thumb:
LOL - i have replied similarly , in more detail to the ccp-china on this forum

that's more like it - sell your ccp-quality products to your own people -
and you will use pakland labour for manufaturing ? now that's a smart move !
so in that sense Gwadar will be a so-called "manufacturing hub" that packland is so
enthusiastic about - lower cost labour for china ..

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

No ma'am, I am just saying that the Taleban who still control Southern Afghanistan have no love for India. If.cornered by the India backed NA, the Taleban will oppose the trade route to Chahbahar.
Pakistan has a working relationship with them, even the Americans have opened and maintained diplomatic channel with them thru Doha and now a Taleban delegation visited Beijing. What does it tell you?
India cannot put all her eggs in NA's basket and bypass the Taleban.
Having diplomatic ties with them, China and Pakistan have leverage. This is the harsh reality.
Neo-ji , thanks for your informed reply .
correct me if im wrong on the following :-

(1) talebs have no love for india - neither do they have for pakistan - they have bombed your
civilian institutions in the past and will continue to do so - you havent addressed that point, Sir., which
incidentally i made in my earlier post .

(2) talebs have no ability to act against chhabar , it is not on their territory or nearby -
they dont have that kind of reach in an overwhelming shia Iran , which has little regard for
the heavily sunni taleban.

(3) That China is also in hoc with the talebs doesnt mean that it is now all of a sudden ok - it
simply means that china is making the same mistake that pakistan had already made - it will of
course take more time for it to become apparent in teh case of china as they are larger and have
more resources, but the negative harvest will eventually come

(4) you claim pakistan has "leverage" on taleban ? ......even after the army school event
you still say that ? .....and now china is going to have similar "leverage " .....
well in that case , you have both chosen your future - isnt it one of the
finest ingredients for self-destruct ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo

Neo

Neo-ji , thanks for your informed reply .
correct me if im wrong on the following :-

(1) talebs have no love for india - neither do they have for pakistan - they have bombed your
civilian institutions in the past and will continue to do so - you havent addressed that point, Sir., which
incidentally i made in my earlier post .
Donot confuse TTP with Aghan Taleban, these are two different entities. The former poses no direct military threat to Pakistan where as the latter is a pure militant group that consists of local militants and foreign mercenaries; many of them have served in Afghanistan.as well as abroad. We have no beef with Afghan Taleban, its the TTP we are after.

(2) talebs have no ability to act against chhabar , it is not on their territory or nearby -
they dont have that kind of reach in an overwhelming shia Iran , which has little regard for
the heavily sunni taleban.
True and they will not target Chahbahar either. They control the highway running through their territory all the way to the border town of Saranj and they can block it anytime they want.

(3) That China is also in hoc with the talebs doesnt mean that it is now all of a sudden ok - it
simply means that china is making the same mistake that pakistan had already made - it will of
course take more time for it to become apparent in teh case of china as they are larger and have
more resources, but the negative harvest will eventually come
I beg to disagree, opening a dialogue with the Talebs is a smart move and if Americans had done the same earlier, they would have saved a war and contain the militant arm of the Taleban, i.e. the Al-Qaeda only. It took them more than five bloody years and billions in wasted money to realise that the Taleban were not the enemy and they opened a dualogue (2008?) in Doha.
Afghan Taleban pose no threat to neighboring countries, they only want to seize the power in Kabul and settle a Pakhtoon majority govt under the shariah law. Al-Qaeda is out of Afghanistan, its leadership is now hiding in Yemen.

(4) you claim pakistan has "leverage" on taleban ? ......even after the army school event
you still say that ? .....and now china is going to have similar "leverage " .....
well in that case , you have both chosen your future - isnt it one of the
finest ingredients for self-destruct ?
Our leverage is that we know and understand the Afghan Taleban; for years we functioned as their only diplomatic channel until the US opened direct talks with them.

Afghan Taleban's grief with us is restricted to Pakistan's support for US/NATO/ISAF and the undiscriminated bombing by western powers the Pakistani airspace and soil. Well that chapter is about to close and we are in talk with them, the Afghan Taleban to islolate the TTP helping cells in Afghanistan.

China is probably doing the same by telling them to isolate the Uyghurs from getting combat training from AQ splinter cells which are still operating in Afghanistan.

You will understand the difference if you know the TTP and Afghan Taleban better.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles