China proposes $15bn Indus dam scheme

aramsogo

I think you mean France is a good 20 years ahead of China. PLAN SSBNs are non-operational, PLA warheads are still megatonne size with no MIRVs nor are there nuclear tipped missiles for PLAAF. China has no ABM defences.
I doubt France is even ahead. According to Kissinger, France was begging Nixon for nuclear weapons tech throughout the 1970s. DF-31a is MIRV'd. Everyone knows China has W-88 tech, so miniaturization and yield are hardly a problem. I'll let you google the rest like China's ABM tech.

Syd

Country flag
Back to the Dam.

I believe that India and Pakistan have signed a treaty, the Indus Water Treaty governing the use of the waters of the Indus and its tributaries. I have not researched it but there may be some implications there for this dam. Certainly Pakistan uses it to try and obstruct every development on the Indian rivers feeding the Indus.

For those who suggest damming the Indus in Ladakh (Irealise it is a joke!), if this was done, the water has to go somewhere,,. The map posted shows the it would have to be diverted hundreds of miles under major mountain ranges to get out of the Indus watershed.

Where India may also have grounds for complaint is if some of the proposed dams are in POK or the Northern Areas which are disputed areas.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I doubt France is even ahead. According to Kissinger, France was begging Nixon for nuclear weapons tech throughout the 1970s. DF-31a is MIRV'd. Everyone knows China has W-88 tech, so miniaturization and yield are hardly a problem. I'll let you google the rest like China's ABM tech.
Nothing said is true... more brainwashed 50 cent army.

Iamanidiot

I'm in the US. I have a Bloomberg terminal and Factset streaming news 24/7. How about you get a clue??
1)The CCP is yet to trust its boomers where as the French SSBN do regular Patrols in the ocean with their nukes

2)The french have a good mil-industry complex

Prove me wrong on both the accounts

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I'm in the US. I have a Bloomberg terminal and Factset streaming news 24/7. How about you get a clue??
Then list some facts, not CCP propaganda.

Fact... France didn't beg for anything, it was part of Kissinger ploy to defuse the EU and "makes Galley drool but doesn't give him anything."

Fact... the warhead of DF-31A is a single 1MT and the missile has not been tested beyond 2,500km.

Fact... W88 is a Yankee warhead, not Chinese

Fact... I am not brainwashed like 50 cent army.

aramsogo

Yeah, yeah and France surrenders first chance it can get. Why not surrender to Libya right now. Gates just called you guys useless.

1. Why beg Nixon if you are 20 years ahead of China??

2. DF-31a carries 3-6 MIRV warheads. JL-2 does too.

3. W-88 is a design package the Chinese possess. Google Wen Ho Lee.

4. Yet you claim to be in China and can't speak the language or know anything about the country.

Then list some facts, not CCP propaganda.

Fact... France didn't beg for anything, it was part of Kissinger ploy to defuse the EU and "makes Galley drool but doesn't give him anything."

Fact... the warhead of DF-31A is a single 1MT and the missile has not been tested beyond 2,500km.

Fact... W88 is a Yankee warhead, not Chinese

Fact... I am not brainwashed like 50 cent army.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Guys No China France ego clash here. PLEASE BE ON THE TOPIC

Back to the Dam.

I believe that India and Pakistan have signed a treaty, the Indus Water Treaty governing the use of the waters of the Indus and its tributaries. I have not researched it but there may be some implications there for this dam. Certainly Pakistan uses it to try and obstruct every development on the Indian rivers feeding the Indus.

For those who suggest damming the Indus in Ladakh (Irealise it is a joke!), if this was done, the water has to go somewhere,,. The map posted shows the it would have to be diverted hundreds of miles under major mountain ranges to get out of the Indus watershed.

Where India may also have grounds for complaint is if some of the proposed dams are in POK or the Northern Areas which are disputed areas.
Right there is a treaty and it has been free of disputes through out the past decades. Pakistan can stir up serious disputes only if its authentic share of water is stolen by any of the Indian designs. Until then, for droughts they'll say India stopped water and for floods its again India which released water from its dams. :D
When there's less water its less for both sides, there's no manipulation from Indian side and so naturally none has been proven. But the Pakistani paranoia and empty rhetoric is obvious, given the negativity/fear driven national politics there.

Regards,
Virendra

Last edited:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
hi why this news item is not on a pakistan based defence forum.(i am not mad) but if china has really offered then this item should have been in pakistan news or a particular defence site(@defencedotpk) but i have not yet seen it there.this is strange.why pak is not making it public or even on forum nobody is poisting it. some type of conspiracy or what

Country flag
Just cut off the Indus where it originates in India and it solves everything. This is a diversion by China while they steal the waters of the Brahmaputra.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Yeah, yeah and China surrenders first chance it can get... to France! Why not surrender to France right now, oh wait you already do by paying top dollar for war spoils...

http://defenceforumindia.com/china-...ina-pays-record-prices-france-war-spoils.html

1. Who begs?

Skirting US law that prevented direct nuclear assistance to France, the Nixon administration offered "negative guidance" by telling the French if their projects were headed in the right direction, the documents showed.

US secretly helped French nuclear program: documents - Yahoo! News
Nixon OFFERED conflicting information to throw us off course. No begging was involved and it turned out to be worthless information.

2. DF-31 carries a 1MT warhead, it has the payload to carry MIRVs but China doesn't have them. It hasn't even tested the missile series beyond MRBM range.

This system is a solid-fueled, three-stage mobile missile with a range of 8000 km carrying a 700 kg, one-megaton warhead.

DF-31 - China Nuclear Forces
3. You google Wen Ho Lee, 58 charges were dropped except one, he spent no time in prison and the material was marked "restricted" rather than classified "top secret" and that "99 percent" of the material was already available to the public. The prosecution of the man was some kind of McCarthy witch hunt that resulted in no usable information to the PRC. Even the Cox Report said China had not made MIRVs and gave half a dozen reasons why they wouldn't.

4. Yet you claim to be outside of the Great Firewall yet you still talk like brainwashed 50 cent army.

Yeah, yeah and France surrenders first chance it can get. Why not surrender to Libya right now. Gates just called you guys useless.

1. Why beg Nixon if you are 20 years ahead of China??

2. DF-31a carries 3-6 MIRV warheads. JL-2 does too.

3. W-88 is a design package the Chinese possess. Google Wen Ho Lee.

4. Yet you claim to be in China and can't speak the language or know anything about the country.

Last edited:

aramsogo

1. I happen to have many French friends in finance. They are successful and work in the City of London or La Defense. Not where you are in China. To brag about stolen merchandise from 150 years ago is just pathetic. Also this was purchased by private Chinese citizen and is not the policy of the Chinese government.

2. Wikipedia and Jane's is your friend. Try using it instead of pulling it out of your butt.

3. China had the hydrogen bomb almost 50 years. When the father of the Chinese bomb died this year, all 9 politburo members showed up at his funeral. The last time was probably for Deng's funeral. If you believe China made zero progress or investment in its strategic nuclear arsenal while China's GDP expanded 20x, you are retarded.

4. Whatever. Doesn't bother me one bit.

Yeah, yeah and China surrenders first chance it can get... to France! Why not surrender to France right now, oh wait you already do by paying top dollar for war spoils...

http://defenceforumindia.com/china-...ina-pays-record-prices-france-war-spoils.html

1. Who begs?

Nixon OFFERED conflicting information to throw us off course. No begging was involved and it turned out to be worthless information.

2. DF-31 carries a 1MT warhead, it has the payload to carry MIRVs but China doesn't have them. It hasn't even tested the missile series beyond MRBM range.

3. You google Wen Ho Lee, 58 charges were dropped except one, he spent no time in prison and the material was marked "restricted" rather than classified "top secret" and that "99 percent" of the material was already available to the public. The prosecution of the man was some kind of McCarthy witch hunt that resulted in no usable information to the PRC. Even the Cox Report said China had not made MIRVs and gave half a dozen reasons why they wouldn't.

4. Yet you claim to be outside of the Great Firewall yet you still talk like brainwashed 50 cent army.

satish007

what's going on, just a fake dam in Pakistan how come now French and Chinese have to nuke each other? what' up?
En thavaru
naa thappu
Meri Galti

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles