China plans to launch new lunar probe in 2017

cir

If this was during the Cold War,and China was in an arms race with a certain country,China could have mobolized the whole nation,as was the case with the US back in the 1960s,to achieve human landings in a couple of years。

No,the lunar programme,per the chief designer,is so far basically the effort and result of a research team,albeit supported by a few suppliers。

splinter

Really?

Which Moon are you living in these says?

Moonstruck with Moonshine?

Did you ever live in the Deep South? Moonshine is becoming less known to pokemon kids these days.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Gradually we will, what Chinese are doing today is the beginning of that goal.

It is very likely that Chinese are going to live on the moon before Indians.

I may not live that long to see Chinese colonizing the moon. But I can imagine what it's gonna be like when the future Chinese show the picture of YuTu rover to the future Indians, proving to them that Chinese activities on the moon go back to December 2013, the future Indians' responses are gonna be exactly what we are witnessing here, dismissing that picture as a fake one.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2
Umm actually it seems to be Chinese like you who are already misinformed about who landed on the Moon first. India's flag was planted on the moon in November 2008, more than 5 years before China's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandrayaan-1

On 14 November 2008, the Moon Impact Probe separated from the Chandrayaan orbiter at 20:06 and struck the south pole in a controlled manner, making India the fourth country to place its flag on the Moon.[10] The probe impacted near the crater Shackleton at 20:31 ejecting underground soil that could be analysed for the presence of lunar water ice.[11][12]
Soft or hard landing is irrelevant. Fact is, we already have greater claim to the moon than you have. :laugh:

jon88

Country flag
Umm actually it seems to be Chinese like you who are already misinformed about who landed on the Moon first. India's flag was planted on the moon in November 2008, more than 5 years before China's.

Soft or hard landing is irrelevant. Fact is, we already have greater claim to the moon than you have. :laugh:
Instead of orbiting Mars, we should crash our probe onto Mars and claim we have planted our flag into Mars. While we are at it, we might as well crash probes into venus, mercury and the sun and claim we have planted our flag. Lets not forget all the other planets too.

Maybe we should just shoot artillery shells with probes into Tibet and claim we have planted our flag in Tibet. Or, dump a non-recoverable probe down the deepest ocean trench and claim flag planting.

Anybody with launch capability can crash a probe into the moon. We seem to have a stupid sense of justification just to satisfy our imaginary sense of grandeur and ego.

jon88

Country flag
Gradually we will, what Chinese are doing today is the beginning of that goal.

It is very likely that Chinese are going to live on the moon before Indians.

I may not live that long to see Chinese colonizing the moon. But I can imagine what it's gonna be like when the future Chinese show the picture of YuTu rover to the future Indians, proving to them that Chinese activities on the moon go back to December 2013, the future Indians' responses are gonna be exactly what we are witnessing here, dismissing that picture as a fake one.

Your rationalization is equally just as stupid as known_unknown's

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Instead of orbiting Mars, we should crash our probe onto Mars and claim we have planted our flag into Mars. While we are at it, we might as well crash probes into venus, mercury and the sun and claim we have planted our flag. Lets not forget all the other planets too.

Maybe we should just shoot artillery shells with probes into Tibet and claim we have planted our flag in Tibet. Or, dump a non-recoverable probe down the deepest ocean trench and claim flag planting.

Anybody with launch capability can crash a probe into the moon. We seem to have a stupid sense of justification just to satisfy our imaginary sense of grandeur and ego.
How do you think countries expanded their boundaries throughout human history? It was exactly like this. Do you think Russia even today has people populating each and every corner of Siberia? Or Canada or Australia etc? These are vast, empty countries who claim their current boundaries based on little more than, "we were here first". And other countries have respected that.

That's why it is important to plant your flag to stake a claim. The GoI understands that. You, obviously do not.

jon88

Country flag
How do you think countries expanded their boundaries throughout human history? It was exactly like this. Do you think Russia even today has people populating each and every corner of Siberia? Or Canada or Australia etc? These are vast, empty countries who claim their current boundaries based on little more than, "we were here first". And other countries have respected that.

That's why it is important to plant your flag to stake a claim. The GoI understands that. You, obviously do not.
Just because your flatulence got blown by the wind to places does not make those places yours. It's yours only when it is effective occupancy....meaning fit for permanent occupancy.

Russia, Canada and Australia were formed because of effective occupancy, not because they throw some unrecoverable probes there, as insinuated by your earlier comment.

Last edited:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Just because your flatulence got blown by the wind to places does not make those places yours. It's yours only when it is effective occupancy....meaning fit for permanent occupancy.

Russia, Canada and Australia were formed because of effective occupancy, not because they throw some unrecoverable probes there, as insinuated by your earlier comment.
You obviously have no experience living in either of the three countries. Are you telling me the vast majority of Siberia is fit for permanent occupancy? Have you looked at a map of the population distribution of the three countries? Please do, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

jon88

Country flag

Another thing, in the case of Canada, Australia and Russia, they were never there first. Those are conquered lands. Other people were there first. Ask the Red Indians and Aborigines.

jon88

Country flag
You obviously have no experience living in either of the three countries. Are you telling me the vast majority of Siberia is fit for permanent occupancy? Have you looked at a map of the population distribution of the three countries? Please do, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about.
Obviously you do not understand the meaning of effective occupancy. The area you occupy can be large or small. Effective occupancy means permanent occupancy which means being able to stay, live and also protect it. Have you ever been to the roof of your house? Does it means you can't claim it since you never been up there? No,..it is still yours since you can effectively defend it. Understand?

nimo_cn

Country flag

Soft or hard landing is irrelevant? Then why do you have to stress that?

Chinese lunar orbitor reached the orbit of the moon before India, does that count?

Fact is, I dont care if India has greater claim to the moon as long as Indians stop questioning the legitimacy of Chinese claim.

The moon is inhabitted, hence can be claimed by anyone who has the ability to substantite that claim. What Chinese are doing today gives China more legitimacy than India to claim the moon.

If India could claim the moon by just crashing a malfunctional satellite on the moon, I dont see why China couldnt make the same claim after soft landing an rover and doing effective exploration on the surface.

Last edited:

jon88

Country flag
If any Tom Dick and Harry can access and control your domain without permission, terms and conditions and without fear of being persecuted or prosecuted, then it means you do not have effective occupancy of your so-called domain.

jon88

Country flag
Soft or hard landing is irrelevant? Then why do you have to stress that?

Chinese lunar orbitor reached the orbit of the moon before India, does that count?

Fact is, I dont care if India has greater claim to the moon as long as Indians stop questioning the legitimacy of Chinese claim.

The moon is inhabitted, hence can be claimed by anyone who has the ability to substantite that claim. What Chinese are doing today gives China more legitimacy than India to claim the moon.

If India could claim the moon by just crashing a malfunctional satellite on the moon, I dont see why China couldnt make the same claim after soft landing an rover and doing effective exploration on the surface.

I think no country can actually claim the moon just yet.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I think no country can actually claim the moon just yet.
Not yet, but will.

When that time comes, what we are doing today gives the future Chinese legitimacy.

jon88

Country flag
Not yet, but will.

When that time comes, what we are doing today gives the future Chinese legitimacy.

Yes, if it is a continuous endeavor without any abandonment of any form. Technically, the US moon endeavor can be classified as being abandoned. There is no true efforts since the Apollo landings.

splinter

India can certainly afford the bidding for the Moon and other celestial objects as it is projected as the second largest economy in 2050, second only to China, and it is the responsibility on the shoulders of a great nation like India.

If human beings can not escape from the cradle by then, when the fossil based energy is not longer abundant, we collectively will be suffering.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles