China offers to finance 30 per cent of India's infrastructure

Compersion

Country flag
Ok, kid, there is nothing more we can discuss if you just simply let your hatred towards Pakistan to dominate every subject.
Yes, your fellow indians said the same words 10 years ago -- "India WILL have the money". But until today, we have seen that kind of scale of money yet. So, please tell when exactly India can pull that money from its own pocket?
According to you if one is to believe you - India is country that has no roads and cows roam around and people keep tigers in their yards. Also Indians dont use toilets and cannot read and write. Please dont have too much pride be humble.

Oh, really? I am looking at India's double deficits! What signs do you find? India's brilliant plans?
The United States has a huge deficit is that a means for you to standardize excellence if a country has no deficit. The signs are there. Why dont you try and find some signs for yourself.

Ok, kid, there is nothing more we can discuss if you just simply let your hatred towards Pakistan to dominate every subject.
I am surprised there is a charade that Pakis are good for PRC. You honestly think that. Pakis (and North Korea) are good for PRC. You phrase the economic dimension to Paki relationship - is that some wise person taught you - where did you learn that. I honestly dont think that the (better) leaders of PRC and the interlocutors of PRC that deal with the region and world would say that with a straight face and authentic truth that Pakis are good and also Pakis are good for PRC. That is comparatively and relatively speaking.

It will help if PRC drops Pakistan in favor of India. Not only will that be good for PRC but the world.

no smoking

Country flag
Will China not hate a neighboring country who infilterates terrorists inside China ..to create fear and hurt Chinese economy? There is a reason why Indians do not like Paki..because Paki is the breeding ground of terrorists and Paki uses them to advance its agenda of creating terror in stronger, better and prosperous India.
First, no one except India believes that Pakistan as a country is supporting of all the terrorists activities. They are personal actions.
Second, those terrorism activities in China are linked to other countries instead of Pakistan. So, it is not China's concern.

Using Paki against India has never worked and will never work as Paki is becoming a liability each day....a bottomless pit of financial need...which China will never be able to fill...
Look, Chinese is not using Pakistan to destroy India but keep India off China's back. So, it is working properly and cheaply.

no smoking

Country flag
According to you if one is to believe you - India is country that has no roads and cows roam around and people keep tigers in their yards. Also Indians dont use toilets and cannot read and write. Please dont have too much pride be humble.
Obviously, you don't understand the gap of money between maintenance an aged traffic network and upgrading it to world class.

The United States has a huge deficit is that a means for you to standardize excellence if a country has no deficit. The signs are there. Why dont you try and find some signs for yourself.
Do you really understand what is the meaning of world dominant currency?

I am surprised there is a charade that Pakis are good for PRC. You honestly think that. Pakis (and North Korea) are good for PRC. You phrase the economic dimension to Paki relationship - is that some wise person taught you - where did you learn that. I honestly dont think that the (better) leaders of PRC and the interlocutors of PRC that deal with the region and world would say that with a straight face and authentic truth that Pakis are good and also Pakis are good for PRC. That is comparatively and relatively speaking.
Look, kid, your belief is hardly a decent supporting evidence.

It will help if PRC drops Pakistan in favor of India. Not only will that be good for PRC but the world.
Once again, your belief......

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I've always liked the thought of giving infrastructure contracts to japan, given the quality and durability of roads in India. But thinking of the commercial issues, its not possible always.

Anyways, I think China should be given the opportunity to invest here. Sensitive areas or not, we can always monitor and supervise their activities here.

Compersion

Country flag
Obviously, you don't understand the gap of money between maintenance an aged traffic network and upgrading it to world class.
Are you talking about India having money. Are you talking about India having world class infrastructure. Make up your mind.

For the first part i have said India does not need money. For having world class infrastructure yes India needs more. And it would be good if India and PRC can have projects to work together on that benefits both for example like earlier mentioned JVs on bridges and even real estate projects. PRC can come to India already and is doing business for example on Metro and bridges. Will there be more of the same that is the question. From the last i read PRC gets paid for doing business in India.

There are many other partners and countries that want to and are coming to India for the same and on wider and broader world class projects that India is planning to have in the upcoming future.

Do you really understand what is the meaning of world dominant currency?
Sure i understand but what are you saying. Please don't say RMB is a world dominant currency.

Look, kid, your belief is hardly a decent supporting evidence.
Even if you dont like it - please tell everyone what PRC thinks about Pakistan. Please share what is the quality of the relationship and also the quality of the interactions and quality of the collaboration. Is that what PRC wants to be labelled and have for themselves in the region (include North Korea in your analysis). PRC is after-all a P5 UNSC member and representative of the Chinese.

You mention on a earlier post that Pakistan is being used cheaply against India and also there was mention about economic dimension of Pakistan to PRC. The word cheap automatically denotes that the quality is not high. Have you wonder what Pakistan will ask and continue to ask for what they have in their minds in not "cheap" but hugely worthwhile to PRC in the past. Do you think that is "cheap".

Also are you sure that is what PRC thinks about Pakistan - on simple outcome(s) that PRC is known to change according to its own interests. There is already some mention about "business in business" and also "PRC has to look after its own interests". There is also the visit of PRC Prime Minister that was landmark according to PRC thinktanks. It is believed he will visit again this year. Is there anything to interpret - is it simple visit(s).

Like i said I honestly do not think that the (better) leaders of PRC and the interlocutors of PRC that deal with the region and world would say that with a straight face and authentic truth that Pakis are good and also Pakis are good for PRC. That is comparatively and relatively speaking. It will help if PRC drops Pakistan in favor of India. Not only will that be good for PRC but the world.

For further support and the evidence have a look at the below article. And think what is being reference is about a PRC ally and one that PRC is embarrassed about more everyday yet it clings onto PRC for its survival. Replace the words of the country mentioned to the one in question.

John Kerry slams North Korea as 'an evil, evil place' - The Times of India

The better argument if you had it in you would be to reference South Korea to India. And the relationship of South Korea and PRC to be the reference.

Could not resist:

'Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.'

Last edited:

amoy

when @Compersion asked for referencing South Korea to India did u realize India would b dwarfed and embarrassed by its tiny trading/investment volume with SK in stark contrast to that huge amount btwn China and SK? again yr try to drive a wedge in Sino Pakistan alliance is an obfuscation.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

no smoking

Country flag
Are you talking about India having money. Are you talking about India having world class infrastructure. Make up your mind.
Well, what we are discussing here is: India doesn't have the money to build world class infrasturcture here.

For the first part i have said India does not need money. For having world class infrastructure yes India needs more. And it would be good if India and PRC can have projects to work together on that benefits both for example like earlier mentioned JVs on bridges and even real estate projects. PRC can come to India already and is doing business for example on Metro and bridges. Will there be more of the same that is the question. From the last i read PRC gets paid for doing business in India.
So, you agree that India need foreign financial support for its infrastructure plan.

There are many other partners and countries that want to and are coming to India for the same and on wider and broader world class projects that India is planning to have in the upcoming future.
Yes, but no one has proposed the same scale as China.

Sure i understand but what are you saying. Please don't say RMB is a world dominant currency.
You raised the case of US deficit to support you argument, so I was telling that you are wrong. US doesn't need to worry about its deficit since it gets a world currency --US dollars, while India gets nothing! Who mentions RMB?

Even if you dont like it - please tell everyone what PRC thinks about Pakistan. Please share what is the quality of the relationship and also the quality of the interactions and quality of the collaboration. Is that what PRC wants to be labelled and have for themselves in the region (include North Korea in your analysis). PRC is after-all a P5 UNSC member and representative of the Chinese.
Oh, now you know that PRC is a P5 UNSC member. Use your head instead of heart to think what that means.
Think about what Syria means to Russia and US-Israel relationship.

You mention on a earlier post that Pakistan is being used cheaply against India and also there was mention about economic dimension of Pakistan to PRC. The word cheap automatically denotes that the quality is not high. Have you wonder what Pakistan will ask and continue to ask for what they have in their minds in not "cheap" but hugely worthwhile to PRC in the past. Do you think that is "cheap".
Yes, lots cheaper than deploying 300,000 our own troops and 400 J-11B in Tibet.

Also are you sure that is what PRC thinks about Pakistan - on simple outcome(s) that PRC is known to change according to its own interests. There is already some mention about "business in business" and also "PRC has to look after its own interests". There is also the visit of PRC Prime Minister that was landmark according to PRC thinktanks. It is believed he will visit again this year. Is there anything to interpret - is it simple visit(s).
Well, then you have to ask yourself: Has anything changed in the political and military relationships between China and India?
This visit is not a purely simple visit. It is a business trip. We come to talk about a business deal which will benefit both side. That is all.

Like i said I honestly do not think that the (better) leaders of PRC and the interlocutors of PRC that deal with the region and world would say that with a straight face and authentic truth that Pakis are good and also Pakis are good for PRC. That is comparatively and relatively speaking. It will help if PRC drops Pakistan in favor of India. Not only will that be good for PRC but the world.

For further support and the evidence have a look at the below article. And think what is being reference is about a PRC ally and one that PRC is embarrassed about more everyday yet it clings onto PRC for its survival. Replace the words of the country mentioned to the one in question.

The better argument if you had it in you would be to reference South Korea to India. And the relationship of South Korea and PRC to be the reference.

Could not resist:

'Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.'[/QUOTE]

Compersion

Country flag
when @Compersion asked for referencing South Korea to India did u realize India would b dwarfed and embarrassed by its tiny trading/investment volume with SK in stark contrast to that huge amount btwn China and SK? again yr try to drive a wedge in Sino Pakistan alliance is an obfuscation.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
The reference to the South Korea was in reference to North Korea where PRC is the puppet master and the confederate parasite keeps sucking the blood of the larger patron. The PRC people, leadership and state prefer dealing and encompassing, and integrating with South Korea. How do the South Koreans feel about explicitly the PRC support to North Korea. Is PRC embarrassed about North Korea.

Also do you have the trade figures of PRC trade with the following: United Kingdom, Russia, Pakistan, North Korea, Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong and Japan.

Out of those which are states that are allies to PRC and do not have issues with PRC. Are any of them embarrassed and dwarfed its tiny trading -investment volume with SK in stark contrast to that huge amount btwn China and SK.

Last edited by a moderator:

Compersion

Country flag
'Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.'
[/QUOTE]

Well, what we are discussing here is: India doesn't have the money to build world class infrasturcture here.
Again i have to disagree with you. India does not need the money. What India needs is expertise and partnership and is even willing to do it at a premium. India has world class infrastructure (some will say not much) but it needs more. There is a huge market for infrastructure that is coming up in short-term, medium term, and long-term each with its own advancements and benefits. India is not known to do things fast (that i cannot disagree). Also PRC is not known to build high quality - technology leading world class infrastructure that is being offered by other states to India. The discussions are what is ROI. You cannot find that in the world today where people are discussing such high ROI(s).

So, you agree that India need foreign financial support for its infrastructure plan.
No i do not agree that India needs financial support. India has money (not unlimited) to budget for infrastructure (albeit at a slow pace). If you encompass that with speed - foreign financial support will make the infrastructure development faster - yes. If you encompass that with partnership - foreign financial support will make the infrastructure increase relationship with the foreign country - yes.

Yes, but no one has proposed the same scale as China.
PRC has a way to dramatize figures. Is PRC offering a line-of-credit. Is PRC offering development of roads. What is PRC offering.

Also are you sure that no one has proposed the same scale to PRC - even at better terms and better configuration. India and PRC will do business and more business in the future but it wont be at the cost of parameters that are important for one another. Also the world is globalized and many countries want to come to India to invest and many more will want to come in the future.

You raised the case of US deficit to support you argument, so I was telling that you are wrong. US doesn't need to worry about its deficit since it gets a world currency --US dollars, while India gets nothing! Who mentions RMB?
You have focused on deficit and not currency and this whole area is your own argument not mine (you seem to have a way of plucking at feathers until you find one that suits you). The reference to RMB and not USD was done on purpose. In any case there is more coherence and similarity between USD and INR compared to USD and RMB and also USA is not rely on its world dominant currency to be in deficit and further PRC is not having a surplus because it does not have a special currency (some might argue otherwise on RMB). Can you please enlighten everyone how countries with deficit is a means for you to standardize excellence if a country has no deficit (that you yourself had said).

Are you saying that only countries with surplus are excellent. Because India has deficit does not mean it is a failure. India has transparent figures and people are able to identify and analyse what is really going on. The whole country and everything in India must be a failure according to you because India is in deficit!!

Oh, now you know that PRC is a P5 UNSC member. Use your head instead of heart to think what that means.
Think about what Syria means to Russia and US-Israel relationship.
If you are equating the support Russia gives to Syria to PRC and Pakistan-North Korea that is difficult to comprehend. You would have to make a hugely convincing argument for that. Russia offered support to Syria not because it was anti-Israel and also not because it was anti-USA. Will Russia make the Syria a nuclear weapon state. Will Russia offer support to Syria to conduct raids and confront Israel inside its territory.

Also the Russians what they did in Syria they were labelled and positioned themselves well in the region. There was also a element of bringing peace in the region.

Again I ask please tell everyone what PRC thinks about Pakistan. Please share what is the quality of the relationship and also the quality of the interactions and quality of the collaboration. Is that what PRC wants to be labelled and have for themselves in the region (include North Korea in your analysis).

Yes, lots cheaper than deploying 300,000 our own troops and 400 J-11B in Tibet.
Thats for you to discuss with the Pakis when they come to ask for compensation since they have helped you save a lot. Also do not think they will not stop asking. They will continue to ask incessantly, persistently and for eternity. After-all in their mind what they have done for PRC is priceless. Do you know what happens when Pakistan does not get what it thinks in its mind it deserves.

The (better) leaders of PRC and the interlocutors of PRC that deal with the region and world would be thinking that and with a straight face and authentic truth are thinking that Pakis is not good and also Pakis is not good for PRC. That is comparatively and relatively speaking.

And you seem to be implying that PRC does not need Pakistan - because of [x] troops and [x] figthers. That alone makes the conclusion in the affirmative about what PRC thinks about the quality of the relationship and also the quality of the interactions and quality of the collaboration of Pakis.

Also do not think the Pakis have not incorporate that into their planning. There are many in Pakistan that think PRC only looks after its own interests even at the cost of Pakistan.

Last edited:

sunny_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
When Japanese companies have established well in China why not Chinese companies build here ??

Only question is which areas should be allowed to invest !

China can invest in insensitive areas, they want returns and India need investments in infra.

USA which considers China as a threat is doing a trade of large volumes there by aiding Chinese military. Geopolitics is a complex issue.

In the long run India has the potential to out do any nation in Asia. The question is where do these nations fit to play second fiddle to India, I sound ambitious as of now.

thats a good statement.......

we need infrastructure investments from whole world, and if any concerned party/company/country is investing in any of the tender by the indian government, the best bet would be offered for that certain project. business is always done for the best return, regardless who is on the other side.....

indian government may hardly say China not to have interference on those parts, like AP or Kashmir, they have issue with china. rest, India does need more and more investments, specially in infrastructure :india:

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles