China mum on fears of Nuclear terrorism in Pakistan

Blackwater

BEIJING: China is unlikely to defend Pakistan if questions are raised at the forthcoming Nuclear Security Summit about Islamabad's ability to safeguard its nuclear installations from theft or attack by terrorists.

The summit, to be held in Seoul, South Korea, on March 26-27 , will be attended by leaders of 53 countries including Indian PM Manmohan Singh and Chinese president Hu Jintao.

Chinese foreign ministry said Beijing was confident about the safety standards at the China-built Chashma nuclear power plant in Pakistan, but skirted questions on how it would respond to fears about theft of nuclear material by terrorists. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chinese foreign minister Ma Zhaoxu said there was serious threat of terrorists acquiring and misusing nuclear material. Although there has been no nuclear incident involving a terrorist organization, it's necessary to create safeguards against such a possibility , said Ma. He refused to discuss the terrorist situation in Pakistan in the context of nuclear security, the theme of the Seoul summit.

China's concern was evident when Ma quoted figures provided by the International Nuclear Energy Agency about 2,100 cases of theft of nuclear material since 1993.

Singh and Hu will meet again when HU visits New Delhi for BRICS meeting on March 28. China's response to the issue of terrorists' threat to nuclear security will weigh heavily during the discussion.

China mum on fears of Nuclear terrorism in Pakistan - The Times of India

huaxia rox

i just dont see how the article can fit the title.....

and then i found its from The Times of India.......so no questions any more.....

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I wouldn't rule out that Pakistani nukes will not be used by Uighur Muslims against China.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I wouldn't rule out that Pakistani nukes will not be used by Uighur Muslims against China.

Then you should feel happy, though I have to remind you that those nukes are more likely to be used against India.

huaxia rox

nothing can be ruled out...like when u walking down the street a falling star can just hit u....u can choose not to go out therefore......anyway i wont.

Vishwarupa

Country flag
China downplays threat to Pakistan's n-facilities

The Hindu : News / International : China downplays threat to Pakistan's n-facilities

China has said it will continue supporting Pakistan's civilian nuclear programme in spite of concerns over the vulnerability of the country's installations to terrorism, an issue that is expected to figure at a prominent nuclear security summit next week.

Chinese officials on Tuesday acknowledged that there were growing "threats of terrorists or international organisations acquiring material to make nuclear devices", an issue that the March 26 summit in Seoul will address by looking at ways to step up international cooperation to guard against nuclear terrorism.

The officials were, however, careful to downplay the risks of nuclear terrorism faced in "all-weather" ally Pakistan, stressing that China would continue supplying reactors and technology to strengthen the country's civilian nuclear programme.

Luo Zhaohui, Director General of the Department of Asian Affairs at the Foreign Ministry, told reporters that China's cooperation with Pakistan "is still going on".

He added that it was subject to IAEA safeguards and in accordance with international law.

GUIDELINES

However, China's support to Pakistan's civilian nuclear programme is seen as going against the guidelines governing nuclear trade.

The Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG), of which China is a member, bars the transfer of nuclear technology to countries that have not signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT). India was granted a waiver for its deal with the United States, but only after undertaking a range of commitments.

Chinese state-run companies are in talks to build three 1,000-MW plants in Pakistan — two at the Karachi Nuclear Power Plant and a fifth at the Chashma complex.

The 2009 deals for the third and fourth reactors at Chashma triggered controversy as they came after China joined the NSG.

Asked if China could guarantee the safety of Pakistan's plants and whether concerns would be raised in Seoul, Assistant Foreign Minister Ma Zhaoxu only said the summit, which will be attended by President Hu Jintao, would look at additional measures to strengthen nuclear security and step up international cooperation.

Mr. Luo said China had given greater attention to the issue of nuclear safety in the wake of the Fukushima nuclear leak in Japan. "We have had some consultations and conducted some technical work," he said. "We have full confidence in our nuclear energy technology, and this has been borne out by facts."

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Then you should feel happy, though I have to remind you that those nukes are more likely to be used against India.
For a long time the US thought it was safe, then 9/11 happened. You don't underestimate the terrorists. They will find "brotherhood" with those fighting for freedom in East Turkestan.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Pakistan is a liability. I wonder how long can China protect this terrorist state.

redragon

Country flag
Pakistan is a liability. I wonder how long can China protect this terrorist state.
1, Pakistan is not a liability, it is a friend, if you don't believe it, check what Obama or Hilary said or what NATO generals said.
2, China is not protecting Pakistan, it's an independant country, it can protect itself, China is helping it, and China is not even the biggest helper, the leader of free world, The USA, is the biggest one.
3, Pakistan as a nation is not a terrorism country, there is only one country, India, in the world thinking Pakistan is a terrorism country. Anyone can figure why is that

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
3, Pakistan as a nation is not a terrorism country, there is only one country, India, in the world thinking Pakistan is a terrorism country. Anyone can figure why is that
I will take it as a humor! :pound:

Oracle

1, Pakistan is not a liability, it is a friend, if you don't believe it, check what Obama or Hilary said or what NATO generals said.
2, China is not protecting Pakistan, it's an independant country, it can protect itself, China is helping it, and China is not even the biggest helper, the leader of free world, The USA, is the biggest one.
Leave Indian sources of free information, do you read other free sources who describe Pakistan exactly the same way as India does? China's support for terrorist countries is well known, e.g Pakistan, NKorea and also African countries torn between civil war and epidemics, for resources. This hegemonic mindset will bring about China's doomsday, because China and Chinese think they are better than everybody else. If China needs to assert herself, then she has to do it inside China by removing it's dictatorial system of governance and replacing it with a free system of democracy.

Democracy = A political-system in which the supreme power lies-in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them. (Incase Chinese dictionaries don't have it.)

It take it as a pitiful, pathetic and shameless attitude on part of the poster. It reeks of illiteracy and ignorance after decades of innocent Indians being killed by terrorists from Pakistan. Plain ludicrous!

Last edited:

redragon

Country flag
Show me a link to prove gov of any countries other than India officially saying Pakistan is a terrorism country. If you can't then your argument is meaningless

Blackwater

answer 1) Pakistan is liability on every western economy and one in east .Coz they beg to every country of the world..what s friendship u dont understand each other language. u also check Obama statement that problem is not Afghanistan but tribal areas of Pakistan.

Answer 2) china is protecting Pakistan by providing military hardware freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Answer3) i laugh when i see ur 3rd statement. forget rest of world even your western province governor also blamed pak for providing shelter and training of terrorist. London 7-7 bombers were trained in pak. all world terrorist either get training in pak or found in pak. remember yusuf hamza . i can give list of articles which proves pak is land of terrorist.

dont live in denial mode.this so called friendship with pak will prove fatal to chinis eventually

redragon

Country flag
Leave Indian sources of free information, do you read other free sources who describe Pakistan exactly the same way as India does? China's support for terrorist countries is well known, e.g Pakistan, NKorea and also African countries torn between civil war and epidemics, for resources. This hegemonic mindset will bring about China's doomsday, because China and Chinese think they are better than everybody else. If China needs to assert herself, then she has to do it inside China by removing it's dictatorial system of governance and replacing it with a free system of democracy.

Democracy = A political-system in which the supreme power lies-in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them. (Incase Chinese dictionaries don't have it.)
You didn't decline any point in my statement, so I took it as you agree with my post.

Oracle

You didn't decline any point in my statement, so I took it as you agree with my post.
Don't troll, if you have no valid arguments. From now on, I will rejoice everytime a Han is killed in East Turkmenistan by East Turkmenistan Freedom Fighters. How does that sound to you?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles