China Military: Photos & Videos

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Finally some clear pics of the J15 CATOBAR prototype. And as a nice surprise, its flying on WS10's.

Hopefully we'll see pics of it being launched off the catapult installations at the PLAN's EMALS test site soon...

What a shameless copy of Sukhoi. Besides that cheap landing gear it is a carbon copy of SU-33.

Why did the PLAN chose the Su 33 as their CBA rather than the MiG 29K????? @J20
Because they "obtained" T-10K, a prototype of SU-33 from Ukraine and they reverse engineered it.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
I always doubt that there is anything which they developed from scratch.

I don't know why they copy each and everything with poor quality.
From bike, cars , cellphones to aircrafts and even trademarks are copied.

Copy of KTM DUKE

Copy of Bajaj Pulsar RS200

Copy of Rolls Royce

Apple loses trademark fight over 'iPhone' name in China

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36200481

Copy of Humvee

Copy of C-17

Copy of Predator

Copy of javelin

Post continues due to limitation of pic...

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Cheap copy of Nike

Copy of su-33

Copy of Yak-130

Cheap copy of x-47B

Copy of mq-8

Copy of msta-s SPH

Exact copy of SMERCH

Copy of BMP-1

Post continued.....

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
@Cutting Edge 2
It's a bitter truth that CHINESE are purely shameless specy on earth. They copied anything proudly.
Even the person looks like a copy of eachother

You won't believe that last week I asked my nephew that what is the opposite of "ORIGINAL"?
His reply shocked me. He answered that the opposite word for "original "is "CHINESE"

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Copy of m-4

From civilian equipment and machinery to military equipment and machinery, everything found a copy of some International Production.

J20!

Country flag
i bought a earphone , ,it don't last even 15 days !!!!
12 days , one speaker goes off , next 3 days other one goes off....
Not sure what headsets have to do with the Chinese Military.

Off-topic:
You get what you pay for. Stop being cheap and buy better quality headphones.

J20!

Country flag
Either you're ignoring or skipping my last post which is the source to my post.
I don't see how a facebook post qualifies as a legit post.

You seem to have been in a rush to celebrate the "self-destruction" of an AL31F without fact-checking before you posted.

@Cutting Edge 2
It's a bitter truth that CHINESE are purely shameless specy on earth. They copied anything proudly.
Even the person looks like a copy of eachother

You won't believe that last week I asked my nephew that what is the opposite of "ORIGINAL"?
His reply shocked me. He answered that the opposite word for "original "is "CHINESE"
Racist BS aside, you're very off-topic mate. Post something relevent to the thread please.

square

Strategic Issues
Not sure what headsets have to do with the Chinese Military.

Off-topic:
You get what you pay for. Stop being cheap and buy better quality headphones.
humney to china ka naam bhi nahi liya , aur apney puri katha suna di....

old saying " every cook knows the smell of his food ".

or bhi hai...choor ki dadhi me tinka....aap bool padey..

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
I don't see how a facebook post qualifies as a legit post.

You seem to have been in a rush to celebrate the "self-destruction" of an AL31F without fact-checking before you posted.
I only post , what is available in open media without any alteration.
so, keep your BS aside.

Racist BS aside, you're very off-topic mate. Post something relevent to the thread please.
What off topic?
I posted pic of copied projects including armoured vehicles, rifle and even jets.

And don't talk about Racist when you guys are advertising a racist video with heading "Seven Sins"

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace

Exactly similar copy of Russian BMP-1 making chinese Proud.

The People's Republic of China bought a single BMP-1 (Ob'yekt 765Sp3) IFV from Egypt in 1975. Soviet-Chinese diplomatic relations were at the time, confrontational, and the Chinese could not ask for a Soviet BMP-1.
By reverse-engineering, the Chinese developed an almost full copy of a Soviet BMP-1 in 1986. The Chinese model WZ 501 was 200 kg lighter and with a copied 310–320 hp NORINCO 6V150 diesel engine, (a copy of the original UTD-20), it had the same maximum road speed as the BMP-1. The WZ 501 was originally intended for the export market, but the People's Liberation Army (PLA), which only used APCs, was desperate for a dedicated IFV. The PLA adopted a number of WZ 501s in 1992, giving the WZ 501 the designation 'Type 86', even though the vehicle, like the original BMP-1, was already obsolete.

Now, I want to ask, what the :bs: is this?
China don't have capability to develop anything from scratch. And truth always hurts.

rkhanna

Country flag
China don't have capability to develop anything from scratch. And truth always hurts.

The Chinese Starting copying basic stuff in the 70s/80s and advanced stuff in the 90s/20s. Today their Military-Industrial Base is truely significant. Maynot be equal to the Americans or Russians but almost equal to the Europeans.

Their Civilian Industry is Semiconductors, Chip Fabrication, Optics, Communication is leaving India behind by the miles. - Because of this they can reverse engineer with components sources locally and design / functionality is matched.

Who cares if their stuff is copied. They make it all INHOUSE. In India we still do screw driver giri and are depending on Russians from everything from nutbolts to high end stuff even on things we have "ToT" for.
It would be stupid to laugh and take it lightly.

Dont forget - The Japanese and Koreans too started their industries by copying and reverse engineering. and Improving.

Flame Thrower

The Chinese Starting copying basic stuff in the 70s/80s and advanced stuff in the 90s/20s. Today their Military-Industrial Base is truely significant. Maynot be equal to the Americans or Russians but almost equal to the Europeans.

Their Civilian Industry is Semiconductors, Chip Fabrication, Optics, Communication is leaving India behind by the miles. - Because of this they can reverse engineer with components sources locally and design / functionality is matched.

Who cares if their stuff is copied. They make it all INHOUSE. In India we still do screw driver giri and are depending on Russians from everything from nutbolts to high end stuff even on things we have "ToT" for.
It would be stupid to laugh and take it lightly.

Dont forget - The Japanese and Koreans too started their industries by copying and reverse engineering. and Improving.
Agreed...

During that time 80's and 90's we didn't have enough resources to fund both strategic and normal weapons.

We went for strategic ones, for quick use we started to purchase thus neglecting in creating industry for normal weapons.

Give two or three decades, we might have our own industry.

J20!

Country flag
Exactly similar copy of Russian BMP-1 making chinese Proud.

The People's Republic of China bought a single BMP-1 (Ob'yekt 765Sp3) IFV from Egypt in 1975. Soviet-Chinese diplomatic relations were at the time, confrontational, and the Chinese could not ask for a Soviet BMP-1.
By reverse-engineering, the Chinese developed an almost full copy of a Soviet BMP-1 in 1986. The Chinese model WZ 501 was 200 kg lighter and with a copied 310–320 hp NORINCO 6V150 diesel engine, (a copy of the original UTD-20), it had the same maximum road speed as the BMP-1. The WZ 501 was originally intended for the export market, but the People's Liberation Army (PLA), which only used APCs, was desperate for a dedicated IFV. The PLA adopted a number of WZ 501s in 1992, giving the WZ 501 the designation 'Type 86', even though the vehicle, like the original BMP-1, was already obsolete.

It's always amusing watching Indian fanboys trying to ridicule Chinese reverse engineering. Defense industry development always starts with TOT and reverse engineering. Russia, the USA, Japan, Korea etc have their defense industry roots in TOT and reverse engineering. Grow up.

China DOES have the capability to develop the latest defense technology BECAUSE of the reverse engineering initiatives of its defense sector in the 80's, 90's and 2000's.

Case and point, NORINCO and the BMP-1.

BECAUSE of its reverse engineering efforts on the BMP-1/WZ 501 in 1986, NORINCO today is one of the world's leading armor, missile and artillery systems developers in the world.

NORINCO's ZBD-05 IFV family is the fastest in-production amphibious IFV in open water. Hundreds have been produced in different variants and form the back-bone on the Chinese Navy's armored force:

The latest IFV development from NORINCO is the "VN-17 30 ton class IFV based on VT-5 tank's chassis, unmanned turret, 30mm gun, 2 HJ-12 anti-tank missiles."

The GL-5 active protection system on the export VT-4 tank intercepting a live ATM:

All these products NORINCO produces and exports today have their foundation in TOT and reverse engineering they did in the 80's, and 90's.

It's funny watching an Indian laughing at Chinese reverse engineering efforts from the 80's when the Indian armed forces still have to constantly release Requests for Information to foreign weapons developers TO THIS DAY.

Your defense industry is incapable of producing competitive systems because India has always relied on foreign suppliers instead of producing locally. Indian armed forces still buy RIFFLES from foreign suppliers. Maybe you should try some reverse engineering, no?

Last edited:

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Here, this Chinese guys said that everybody start from copying and reverse engineering than I have a basic questions.
Who the hell is the first one?

This Chinese boy , pretending to be a smart a$$ but that not true. He is trying to hinder his mistake by a heap of lies.

I always enjoy angry red faced Chinese face with bulk of lies

I also add few pic of civilian stuff including copy of Indian bikes including Pulsar RS200 And KTM Duke. I think , these Chinese can't design a normal and good quality bikes. Even I add two more products sleepers and trademark (iPhone). I don't know why these shameless guys still try to pretending as honest.

As per the International rules, copying the design and tech without permission of its sole owner is a punishable offense but these guys have small brains along with short height that why can't design and develop their own.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Here, this Chinese guys said that everybody start from copying and reverse engineering than I have a basic questions.

This Chinese boy , pretending to be a smart a$$ but that not true. He is trying to hinder his mistake by a heap of lies.

I also add few pic of civilian stuff including copy of Indian bikes including Pulsar RS200 And KTM Duke. I think , these Chinese can't design a normal and good quality bikes. Even I add two more products sleepers and trademark (iPhone). I don't know why these shameless guys still try to pretending as honest.

As per the International rules, copying the design and tech without permission of its sole owner is a punishable offense but these guys have small brains along with short height that why can't design and develop their own.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Agreed...

During that time 80's and 90's we didn't have enough resources to fund both strategic and normal weapons.

We went for strategic ones, for quick use we started to purchase thus neglecting in creating industry for normal weapons.

Give two or three decades, we might have our own industry.
We actually, lag behind because of the scam and power loving Government.
UPA government, skip the permanent seat at UNSC, delay the nuclear test, scrapping of many Defense projects including , hf-24, hf-73, Ajeet etc in favour of foreign product may be because of some pennies .
And why we forgot the so called HINDI CHINI BHAI BHAI concept.

J20!

Country flag
It's always amusing watching Indian fanboys trying to ridicule Chinese reverse engineering. Defense industry development always starts with TOT and reverse engineering. Russia, the USA, Japan, Korea etc have their defense industry roots in TOT and reverse engineering. Grow up.

China DOES have the capability to develop the latest defense technology BECAUSE of the reverse engineering initiatives of its defense sector in the 80's, 90's and 2000's.

Case and point, NORINCO and the BMP-1.

BECAUSE of its reverse engineering efforts on the BMP-1/WZ 501 in 1986, NORINCO today is one of the world's leading armor, missile and artillery systems developers in the world.

NORINCO's ZBD-05 IFV family is the fastest in-production amphibious IFV in open water. Hundreds have been produced in different variants and form the back-bone on the Chinese Navy's armored force:

The latest IFV development from NORINCO is the "VN-17 30 ton class IFV based on VT-5 tank's chassis, unmanned turret, 30mm gun, 2 HJ-12 anti-tank missiles."

The GL-5 active protection system on the export VT-4 tank intercepting a live ATM:

All these products NORINCO produces and exports today have their foundation in TOT and reverse engineering they did in the 80's, and 90's.

It's funny watching an Indian laughing at Chinese reverse engineering efforts from the 80's when the Indian armed forces still have to constantly release Requests for Information to foreign weapons developers TO THIS DAY.

Your defense industry is incapable of producing competitive systems because India has always relied on foreign suppliers instead of producing locally. Indian armed forces still buy RIFFLES from foreign suppliers. Maybe you should try some reverse engineering, no?

VT-5 export light tank:

GL-5 Active Protection Demo:

VT-4 Main Battle Tank being exported to Thailand:

Other APC and IFV solutions from NORINCO:

@TPFscopes What does India produce to rival the IFV/APC./MBT/Artilery/Missile/Amphibious solutions developed and produced by NORINCO and its sub-contractors?

Are all these and other systems "COPIES" too?

Troll some other thread chief.

J20!

Country flag

I haven't made any mistakes mate. This all started because you tried to lie about the cause of the J15 emergency landing. "Self-destruction" indeed.

After being presented with irrefutable proof, you decide to go the classic Indian fanboy tangent of posting Motorbikes and claiming all Chinese products are copies.

Stop with the racist rants and trolling the thread. Grow up.

Last edited:

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
@J20!
Have you heard about, Abhay IFV,BMP-1 &BMP-2 APC Along with upcoming Kestral, India developed short range to ICBMs and recently developed ATAGS and DHANUSH.

And I can say, we are than one who request for ToT instead of illegal measures like reverse engineering and copy.

J20!

Country flag

Land Platforms
China’s NORINCO reveals new armoured vehicles, active protection system
Richard D Fisher Jr - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
21 August 2017

http://www.janes.com/article/73248/...ew-armoured-vehicles-active-protection-system

China’s North Industries Corporation (NORINCO) revealed new armoured vehicles and a new active protection system (APS) during the Armour Day it held in Baotou, Inner Mongolia from 15-16 August.

Aimed at promoting NORINCO's products to foreign customers, the event was attended by about 230 guests from 50 countries and included a televised live demonstration. While NORINCO regularly displays its products at foreign exhibits, this was a rare occasion where coverage of a live demonstration has been released.

The company’s new VN-17 infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) was revealed for the first time, with the commentary for the demonstration describing it as a “brand-new generation of 30 ton heavy tracked armoured vehicles with the protection level of tanks”. It shares the same powerpack, transmission, tracks, armoured protection, and information systems as the NORINCO's VT-5 light tank.

Unlike the VT-5, which has its engine at the rear, the VN-17’s engine is positioned at the front to the right of the driver to create space for an infantry compartment at the rear. The vehicle seen in the demonstration was fitted with an unmanned turret with a 30 mm cannon, two HJ-12 anti-tank missile launchers, and a panoramic electro-optical system on its roof.

Photographs emerged from the event showing another tracked IFV that did not feature in the live demonstration. This unidentified vehicle appears to have a chassis derived from the old Type 59 tank, suggesting it could be less expensive than the VN-17. It was seen equipped with a turret similar to that used on the VN-12 IFV.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles