China: military 'decades behind' US

badguy2000

Respected Member
China: military 'decades behind' US

Liang Guanglie, the Chinese defence minister, spoke on the first day of a three-day trip to Beijing by Robert Gates, the US Defence secretary.
"The efforts that we place on the research and development of weapons systems are by no means targeted at any third country or any other countries in the world, and it will by no means threaten any other country in the world," said Mr Liang

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/8250350/China-military-decades-behind-US.html
well, what a typical CCP statement!

it is a great wisdom to make your rival give up hostile during time in need.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
They can finally admit they are decades behind France.

badguy2000

Respected Member

Chinese Defence Minister: You are American.
-Robert Gates: Yes.
Chinese Defence Minister: Ohhh, you must have very big penis!
-Robert Gates: Excuse me, I was just asking you what your up to with these weapons.
Chinese Defence Minister: Nothing, we are very simple people with very small penis. Mr. Hu Jintao's penis is especially small!
-Mr. Hu: So small.
Chinese Defence Minister: We cannot achieve so much with such small penis, but you American wow, penis so big, so big penis!
-Robert Gates: Well aah I guess it is pretty good size.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Just remember how that South Park episode ended. lol

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Chinese Defence Minister: You are American.
-Robert Gates: Yes.
Chinese Defence Minister: Ohhh, you must have very big penis!
-Robert Gates: Excuse me, I was just asking you what your up to with these weapons.
Chinese Defence Minister: Nothing, we are very simple people with very small penis. Mr. Hu Jintao's penis is especially small!
-Mr. Hu: So small.
Chinese Defence Minister: We cannot achieve so much with such small penis, but you American wow, penis so big, so big penis!
-Robert Gates: Well aah I guess it is pretty good size.
:love: :rofl: :rofl:

silkroad

It is nothing but truth that China is decades behind US although the gap is becoming smaller.
It is 1977 when US's stealth fighter F117 had its first flight. After more than 33 years, China has the first flight of its J20,. I don't say the distance is 33 years, but 20 years behind is not an unreasonable estimate. In fact, concerning navy, US have aircraft carrier at least 60 years ago and China still have not got one yet. It is a modest estimate that China Navy is 30 years behind US.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It is nothing but truth that China is decades behind US although the gap is becoming smaller.
It is 1977 when US's stealth fighter F117 had its first flight. After more than 33 years, China has the first flight of its J20,. I don't say the distance is 33 years, but 20 years behind is not an unreasonable estimate. In fact, concerning navy, US have aircraft carrier at least 60 years ago and China still have not got one yet. It is a modest estimate that China Navy is 30 years behind US.
France is about 5 years behind USA in military technology on average. China is running a mid-80s Soviet model military with some technologies still lagging like engines, that is important enough that it would be about 1980. So China is 30+ years behind.

badguy2000

Respected Member
France is about 5 years behind USA in military technology on average. China is running a mid-80s Soviet model military with some technologies still lagging like engines, that is important enough that it would be about 1980. So China is 30+ years behind.
yes....where is France's 5G bird after F22 has flew for 20 years?

Where is French maned spaceship 50 years after USA sent yankees to the moon in 1960s?

How about French-made supercomputers ? how about the crusing-speed of French highspeed railways?

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
yes....where is France's 5G bird after F22 has flew for 20 years?

Where is French maned spaceship 50 years after USA sent yankees to the moon in 1960s?

How about French-made supercomputers ? how about the crusing-speed of French highspeed railways?
There is more to military technology than 5G birds, manned moon missions have nothing to do with it unless you going to throw rocks from it. Commenting on HSR of France is retarded considering we make the fastest train ever made. Who do you think makes your trains? All the components of your Super Computer are licensed in USA. lol

The military competencies required to be a major player are marine-land-aviation engines, radar, sonar, electro-optics, satellites, networks, smart munitions so on and so forth. China is master of none while France is a world leader in all. That is why you are so far behind as your DefMin says.

badguy2000

Respected Member
There is more to military technology than 5G birds, manned moon missions have nothing to do with it unless you going to throw rocks from it. Commenting on HSR of France is retarded considering we make the fastest train ever made.Who do you think makes your trains?
you mean your modified speicial once-off experimental toy? how about the crusing-speed of your operational highspeed railway? have you the chance to take a highspeed train in france,which run at a speed of 350+KM/hour?

All the components of your Super Computer are licensed in USA. lol
haha......the ultimately risistence tool come out : " all XXXX are licensed in YYYYY"

what a invincible tool!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
you mean your modified speicial once-off experimental toy? how about the crusing-speed of your operational highspeed railway? have you the chance to take a highspeed train in france,which run at a speed of 350+KM/hour?
The TGV has to share with freight at night which slows speed, we are also not prepared to demolish entire towns to accommodate 50km faster on a stretch of train line.

haha......the ultimately risistence tool come out : " all XXXX are licensed in YYYYY"

what a invincible tool!
You make something made almost entirely of US components.... should you be proud?

You still have yet to address any of your military deficiencies.

nimo_cn

Country flag
There is more to military technology than 5G birds, manned moon missions have nothing to do with it unless you going to throw rocks from it. Commenting on HSR of France is retarded considering we make the fastest train ever made. Who do you think makes your trains? All the components of your Super Computer are licensed in USA. lol

The military competencies required to be a major player are marine-land-aviation engines, radar, sonar, electro-optics, satellites, networks, smart munitions so on and so forth. China is master of none while France is a world leader in all. That is why you are so far behind as your DefMin says.
LOL, I have heard Germans complaining about China copying their HSR technology, I have also heard Japanese accusing China of copying their HSR technology. Now I am seeing a Frenchman taking credit for Chinese HSR.

Hey, how about you three have a fight, sorting it out who should be responsible for Chinese HSR development, before making that baseless claim? I believe Japanese and German must not agree with you on that.

redragon

Country flag
Who cares about France, nobody has interest in discussing French weapons, if you do, please have another thread, we are talking about USA and China in this tread.

cw2005

In general, China's military technology is not up to USA, France, England, Russia etc. May be in certain fields the gap is narrowing though. In optics that is important for Laser weapons and High attitude images, the best technologies are all in Europe. Such as Kinoptics of France, Carl Zeise of Germany and Cookes of England.

EpochTimes

What you said may well be true, but the thing is PRC is narrowing the gap, while France is falling farther behind US.
Where is the plan for a Gen 5 fighter?
EuroFighter has shown much promise for the near future; yet, UK and Italy have joined the F35 camp.
Where does the future hold for French military aviation industry? That's why I don't think Rafael has a chance in MRCA, because there is simply no credible road map for the future.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
What you said may well be true, but the thing is PRC is narrowing the gap, while France is falling farther behind US.
Where is the plan for a Gen 5 fighter?
EuroFighter has shown much promise for the near future; yet, UK and Italy have joined the F35 camp.
Where does the future hold for French military aviation industry? That's why I don't think Rafael has a chance in MRCA, because there is simply no credible road map for the future.
Manned aircraft are the past, we are building stealth UCAVs. F-35 is a money pit nations are dumping like hot potatoes. I do not know what Rafael is except an Israeli land armaments company. Has nothing to do with MRCA.

Minghegy

Manned aircrafts still have a very long time.

CAC is building JF-17, J-10B, J-20, while SAC is building UCAV and bomber. One day the suddenly appearance of UCAV will give a surprise.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles