China may take 20 years to catch up with US

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
"India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border"

- Hu Shih

nimo_cn

Country flag
You forget that main glue of your Chinese civilization ie Buddhism is given to you by India. so by that civilization formula of yours you owe your civilization to India and we can claim Entire China anytime as you owe your civilization to India.
Well, to be more accurate, Chinese learned Buddhism from Indian and promoted it.
Buddhism is just one aspect of civiliasation, i am very curious how could you reach the conclusion that because China imported Buddhism from India 2000 years ago, then Indian can claim Entire China anytime?
By that defintion, i am wondering if British can claim The Entire India since English has become the official language of India.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Indians say : " all created by indians are good"!
S.Koreans say: "all the good were created by Koreans"

Country flag
This thread is going nowhere.USA is going to wait 20 years for China to catch up? In 20 years US could be 100 years ahead of China.

Iamanidiot

nimo-cn kung fu is derived from kalaripattu and marmakala.The most natural,original and complete martial art known in existence .It was first propogated in china by buddhist monks of south-indian origin.The kiratakas also developed a martial for them as buddhist monks handling weapons was taboo.

http://www.rising-dragon.co.uk/articles/martial-arts/origins-of-shaolin-kung-fu.htm

Nimo-cn ever wondered how the current Chinese almanac which you use now .The 12 animal almanac came into existence?Who infact devised it?

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

To not make this into a pissing contest .The Chinese were pioneers when it comes into cannons(The song),paper,ink and the printing press.They were the first to use artificial paper currency(Kublai Khan) and the first primitive seisimometer.Another credit is they were pioneers of histography.Huge gaps present in indian history are filled by the chinese annals and travellers accounts such as Fa-hien,Huen-sang and fu-ko.

They were the first to conduct civil service exams something which was not possible in ancient india due to the advent of the caste system

Agantrope

Well, be careful, you are just one step away from becoming Korean before claiming Indian invented Chinese language.
Kungfu is the chinese flavour of Indian Kalari payat.

I am practising karate for 10 years, then kung-fu for 2 years and some weapon handling in Kalari, I have found no difference in the higher level of the Karate, kung-fu and kalari expect for the gear we are wearing. If you are not aware of a article then just keep shut rather than shouting.

For your reference, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalarippayattu

Im sorry for the OT and BS (reg: the title), but i still cant resist from posting :)

Last edited:

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Define "catch up." These definitions IMO are rather simplistic and serve as a populist currency more so than anything else. For many reasons it is highly unlikely that life in China or India or wherever will be "the same" as the USA. I don't mean just materialistically, but just in general. As things stand there are so many factors in the way that such parities are near comical.

Now if you mean sheer economic size, then yea there's a possibility China will sport the worlds largest economy. But what does that mean really? Also doesn't it seem that globalization is radically altering the concept of national economies? Which brings us back to... what does that "catch up mean"?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles