China Making Air Force, Navy Upgrades

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
"Given the pace" of China's naval modernization, "the gap in military capability between the mainland and Taiwan will continue to widen in China's favor," wrote Jesse Karotkin, the ONI senior intelligence officer on China, in the new statement to the commission.

In addition, the naval intelligence office said in its report "many of these capabilities are designed specifically to deter or prevent U.S. military intervention in the region."
China Making Air Force, Navy Upgrades, U.S. Officials Say - Bloomberg

A link in the quoted paragraph is to a report from the US Office of Naval Intelligence which provides much specific information.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

They are out to prove that East is Red! ;)

They are copying the West to beat the West; even the music since the music is more western than the shrill Chinese music!

Here is the traditional Chinese music.

Copycats to become the Fat Cats and Carpetbaggers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
East is never been a complete red and even china is not in Red. China comes under State sponsored capitalist country.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
East is never been a complete red and even china is not in Red. China comes under State sponsored capitalist country.
China tried to make itself totally red during the Cultural Revolution when blood flowed faster and thicker than the polluted Yangtse Kiang and the Hwango Ho rivers.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
China tried to make itself totally red during the Cultural Revolution when blood flowed faster and thicker than the polluted Yangtse Kiang and the Hwango Ho rivers.
I agree communist revolution by default do not value human life. All they want is order,equality and obedience to the communist party .

Some of these are flawed concepts proven by the history.

Chinese CCP who are trying to paint east as red will only get themselves in red for sure.

hbogyt

The cultural revolution was Mao Zedong's own doing. The military was against it.

amoy

They are copying the West to beat the West; even the music since the music is more western than the shrill Chinese music!

the melody "the East is Red " was based on a Shaanxi folk song (west China). what makes u think it's copied from the western? or u hv a very narrow concept of Chinese "traditional" music ? China is so vast and diversified that it's beyond yr comprehension.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

LTE-TDD

But, you are the people here did the most copy and paste job, right?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
But, you are the people here did the most copy and paste job, right?
That is because you beleive in nothing.

And so links and content that are non Indian have to be added.

Now how do you do it?

By magic?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
the melody "the East is Red " was based on a Shaanxi folk song (west China). what makes u think it's copied from the western? or u hv a very narrow concept of Chinese "traditional" music ? China is so vast and diversified that it's beyond yr comprehension.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Check it out!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

cw2005

China Making Air Force, Navy Upgrades, U.S. Officials Say - Bloomberg

A link in the quoted paragraph is to a report from the US Office of Naval Intelligence which provides much specific information.
Let us get back to the subject. Not to be detoured into irrelevant area as the Chairman here had tried hardly to do.

My thinking is that it is quite normal for any country, be it China or India, to improve its military capability when the economy picks up. It is similar to the general believing that when economy picks up, it would help a country to convert into democracy as we may see what had happened in Taiwan and Korea.

China has a dream to unify Taiwan and its military policy is working towards that aim.

Although I must admit that I am not totally agree with this idea as country boundary changes all the time. I am a firm believer that a country should be an entity that has its citizen share certain believing and value and are prepared to fight to stay together, not by forced unification imposed to them.

Being said that, it seems the article is telling that USA becomes difficult to make good their promise to protect Taiwan, not to tell that PRC is going to invade anyone.

prohumanity

Country flag
Chinese music is soothing and calming. This indicates the great ancient Chinese civilization. They don't need to copy the druggy, crazy western music
created by drugged and crazy musicians and singers.
China should go back to its original, peaceloving harmonious culture ...so should India. The, 2.5 billion peaceloving people can create a peaceful world.
Warmongers will not be able to divide these two great civilizations.
Both China and India need to have very very powerful militaries so that no power can think of inciting a war between the two because that would be end of the World including the west.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Let us get back to the subject. Not to be detoured into irrelevant area as the Chairman here had tried hardly to do.

My thinking is that it is quite normal for any country, be it China or India, to improve its military capability when the economy picks up. It is similar to the general believing that when economy picks up, it would help a country to convert into democracy as we may see what had happened in Taiwan and Korea.

China has a dream to unify Taiwan and its military policy is working towards that aim.

Although I must admit that I am not totally agree with this idea as country boundary changes all the time. I am a firm believer that a country should be an entity that has its citizen share certain believing and value and are prepared to fight to stay together, not by forced unification imposed to them.

Being said that, it seems the article is telling that USA becomes difficult to make good their promise to protect Taiwan, not to tell that PRC is going to invade anyone.
If somebody could post the PDF cited in the Bloomberg article (by Jesse Karotkin, the ONI senior intelligence officer on China, in the new statement to the commission), I would be grateful.

CCP

Anthem of the People's Liberation Army - Korean People's Army choir in Chinese and Korean

song of Chinese navy nuclear submarine force

W.G.Ewald

Professional
[PDF]http://www.uscc.gov/sites/default/files/Karotkin_Testimony1.30.14.pdf[/PDF]

LTE-TDD

That is because you beleive in nothing.

And so links and content that are non Indian have to be added.

Now how do you do it?

By magic?
Yes, you did great job, you guy even copied english language!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes, you did great job, you guy even copied english language!
I always do a great job.

I do not trot out my own thoughts as the only truth as you all tend to do.

I back them up with links and quotes from academic papers, news reports and also quote them. i put up these quotes so that the lazy who do not with to click on links and read are constrained to read, so that they can put in their place and no meandering into the irrelevant without reading the facts of the issue.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles