China loses crown in low-cost manufacturing to India, Mexico

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
how careless you are!
:2guns:
9.46 billion USD is the revenue in march this year. the yearly revenue should be 9.46*12=113.52 billion USD, 2 time more than India's
You need to read both the articles fully to understand the whole issue. Read first before you post mate. thai s why i posted the links.

http://www.indialawoffices.com/pdf/informationtechnology.pdf

This is the report on the Indian IT sector. This will give u an insight of the revenues and exports generated by the IT industry.

badguy2000

Respected Member
You need to read both the articles fully to understand the whole issue. Read first before you post mate. thai s why i posted the links.

http://www.indialawoffices.com/pdf/informationtechnology.pdf

This is the report on the Indian IT sector. This will give u an insight of the revenues and exports generated by the IT industry.

well. need I say more?
BTW, 71.7 billion is yearly revenue of India's IT in 2009 ,including harware.

9.46 billion is monthly revenue of China's software in March ,2009.

China's hardware is global biggest and its revenue is much much more than it software.
As per NASSCOM's latest findings:

Indian IT-BPO sector grew by 12 per cent in FY 2009 to reach US$ 71.7 billion in aggregate revenue (including hardware). Of this, the software and services segment accounted for US$ 59.6 billion.

Information Technology

The software industry in China reported revenue of RMB190.59 billion in the first quarter of this year, up 23.9% from a year earlier according to by China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT).

The statement showed that the growth rate began to move even higher in in March when the sector recorded a 30.6% year-on-year rise in revenue, which reached RMB 64.52 billion (US$9.46 billion).China's software industry revenue rockets - China Economic Review

Rage

DFI TEAM
how careless you are!
:2guns:
9.46 billion USD is the revenue in march this year. the yearly revenue should be 9.46*12=113.52 billion USD, 2 time more than India's
How careless you are!

You are extrapolating revenue for the first quarter of this fiscal (upto March end) as a single month's IT revenues ! Not just that, you are multiplying that figure by 12 to arrive at a ridiculous annual figure that is "2 time more than India's"! Have you got your feet planted firmly on the ground 'badguy'?

Refer to my figures in post 35. They provide a much more accurate representation of the relative strengths of the IT industry than your chimerical concoction.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
It is the quarterly revenue. Read carefully. Revenue of IT in first quarter of the year is 9.46 billion. It grew in March but still it is 9.46 billion till May.

badguy2000

Respected Member
It is the quarterly revenue. Read carefully. Revenue of IT in first quarter of the year is 9.46 billion. It grew in March but still it is 9.46 billion till May.

you are still wrong!

the quarterly revenue is 190.59 RMB ( about 28 billion USD).

of the 28 billion USD quarterly revenue, the monthly revenue in march is 64.52 billion RMB(9.46 billion USD)

our IT is already bigger than yours and ours is growing more rapidly than yours.

but we keep a low profile while your sing high phraise everywhere and say to us that ours is better than yours.....how funny it is !

The software industry in China reported revenue of RMB190.59 billion in the first quarter of this year, up 23.9% from a year earlier according to by China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT).

The statement showed that the growth rate began to move even higher in [B]in March [/B]when the sector recorded a 30.6% year-on-year rise in revenue, which reached RMB 64.52 billion (US$9.46 billion).China's software industry revenue rockets - China Economic Review

Rage

DFI TEAM
you are still wrong!

the quarterly revenue is 190.59 RMB ( about 28 billion USD).

of the 28 billion USD quarterly revenue, the monthly revenue in march is 64.52 billion RMB(9.46 billion USD)

our IT is already bigger than yours and ours is growing more rapidly than yours.

but we keep a low profile while your sing high phraise everywhere and say to us that ours is better than yours.....how funny it is !
But you are wrong as well! As per NASSCOM's findings, Indian IT-BPO sector grew by 12 per cent in FY 2009 (as of March) to reach US$ 71.7 billion in aggregate revenue (including hardware). Of this, the software and services segment accounted for US$ 59.6 billion. Export revenue for the IT-BPO services sector in FY 2007-2008 was $40.9 billion.

Juxtaposed: the software industry's reported (total) revenue in the first quarter of this fiscal was RMB 190.59 billion You are comparing the Total revenue for the Chinese IT industry- extrapolated to a 12-month quantile cumulation with the Export revenue for India for a preceding fiscal. A more accurate representation to get a picture of the relative standings of the IT industry would be to compare your total software industry's revenue for this quarterly fiscal [~$28 billion / 190.59 billion RMB equivalent] with our total software and services segment for the same fiscal [$59.6 billion], in which case we are more than "2 times" your size.

Funny eh, how you "want to sing the 'high phraise everywhere' of an IT industry" that is still only beginning to compete.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
I think we don't need to get too much into this pissing contest.

India is a global name in IT and China is not. Its a fact. China does have a bigger domestic IT industry than us but is no match in the global IT services and software market.

Rage

DFI TEAM
well, I now really lose the interest to argue you ,because I find that you has different understanding of the same text........
ok ,you win......yes... India beats CHina's ass....:blum3:
Yes, we do have different understandings of the text: the difference is that my understanding of the text is correct, and that yours is not :blum3:

India does beat China's ass, and the figures are testament to that very euphoric anal-gesic :wink:

Sailor

Made in India tag is great to see.
Guys, you know me. I'm a straight shooter without an axe to grind and I will say it as it is any time.
I thought it might be of interest to say that as an Australian consumer, I have never seen a label in Australia with 'Made in India' on it.
Everything here and I mean everything, has 'Made in China' written on it.
I believe it will be a long time before that changes regardless of the dreams on this subject.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
^^ The same story everywhere. From Africa to America!

Heck in India we get the Dipawali decorative items and God figures made in China. Much cheaper than their "made in India" counterparts.

There is something fishy out there. China is heavily subsidizing their exports and manufacturing units. We are burdening them with useless legislation and other hinderances like lack of credit.

Sailor

We read in Australia that they can bring 3 million workers from poor rural areas into a manufacturing city to work for just food and no wages and when they start to complain they get rid of them and bring in another three million. There are endless millions to keep this up.
Only God knows what happens to them once they are chucked out.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
My own acquaintances have been to China and tell of pretty much the same story.

No holidays for the labour (they work 7 days a week, thats what I was told), no rights for them, low wages and strict "discipline" (penal variety) are the foundations for all those items on your shelves.

Sailor

Every item of clothing I own has 'Made in China' on it. It is good stuff for the money, but only lasts one year or season. One of the main problems is the strength of dyes. They fade iimmediately. Can only wash clothes in cold water.
People like to change clothes anyway so that isn't a factor.
It is very much a 'throw away ' society in Australia now because of this. It suits people to just keep buying the Chinese cheap stuff.

badguy2000

Respected Member
My own acquaintances have been to China and tell of pretty much the same story.

No holidays for the labour (they work 7 days a week, thats what I was told), no rights for them, low wages and strict "discipline" (penal variety) are the foundations for all those items on your shelves.
In china, Non-holidays ususually only happens to "peasant workers" in "sweat factories" you called.

on most occasions,peasants worker have no holidays because they would rather use holiday to earn more money( salary in holidays is 3 times more than that in non-holidays).

maybe those guys from developed countries feel that it is very " cruel" that chinese peasants workers just worked for 12 hours*7 days every week just for " 250 USD/month" in sweat factories"!

But don't forget that those peasant worker would not earn 100 USD/month witthout those "sweat factories"!"

p2prada

Guys, you know me. I'm a straight shooter without an axe to grind and I will say it as it is any time.
I thought it might be of interest to say that as an Australian consumer, I have never seen a label in Australia with 'Made in India' on it.
Everything here and I mean everything, has 'Made in China' written on it.
I believe it will be a long time before that changes regardless of the dreams on this subject.
Even in India, I see more Made in China than Made in India.

As for labor rights. This comes from a free country.
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2009\05\13\story_13-5-2009_pg5_38

French govt slams textile firm over move-to-India offer

PARIS: The French government on Tuesday assailed a French textile firm director who offered to relocate laid-off employees to India for a salary of 69 euros ($92) per month. “This is unacceptable. This is a provocation. This is profoundly shocking,” said government spokesman and industry minister Luc Chatel. The Carreman factory that employs 150 people in the southwestern town of Castres last week sparked an outrage when it made the offer to nine employees who are facing layoffs because of the global downturn. Company director Francois Morel said in his defence he was simply applying French law stating that laid-off workers must be given the option of working at another plant. The nine employees were told by letter that they could work for Carreman in Bangalore for 69 euros a month. The minimum legal monthly salary in France is 1,321 euros. The letter said they would have to work a six-day week but that they would have certain benefits such as medical insurance. The Castres workers, who all turned down the offer, were also told they would get free plane tickets and a 1,000-euro bonus for moving. Chatel told RMC/BFM TV that while he was outraged by the offer, it was ‘not illegal’ because any French company can offer to relocate employees abroad. The president of the Medef business lobby, Laurence Parisot, condemned Carreman for making the cynical offer saying it was “shameful, humiliating, sadistic and unacceptable.” Local union activists who got a hold of the letters from non-unionized workers said the plant had resorted to the same tactic in 2004 by offering relocation to Romania for 135 euros a month. “I know it’s stupid,” Carreman director Francois Morel was quoted as saying in the Depeche du Midi newspaper. “But that’s the stupidity of the law.” Carreman has another plant in France and also operates in India and Romania. afp

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
In china, Non-holidays ususually only happens to "peasant workers" in "sweat factories" you called.

on most occasions,peasants worker have no holidays because they would rather use holiday to earn more money( salary in holidays is 3 times more than that in non-holidays).

maybe those guys from developed countries feel that it is very " cruel" that chinese peasants workers just worked for 12 hours*7 days every week just for " 250 USD/month" in sweat factories"!

But don't forget that those peasant worker would not earn 100 USD/month witthout those "sweat factories"!"
Is it the same reason why the prison inmates are forced into labor?

I also read reports of the organ trade of the executed prison convicts too. Its all over the net. May be you don't find that cruel either!

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Is it the same reason why the prison inmates are forced into labor?

I also read reports of the organ trade of the executed prison convicts too. Its all over the net. May be you don't find that cruel either!
Of course they don't find any of that evil... they're an absolutely shameless, morality-less Government and the won't see anything wrong with any of those obviously...

All they ever see is "profit" and as long as they're able to take the people for a ride, they don't care anyways... and, these Chinese blindly follow their own CCP...

No use arguing with them...

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
PLS have a look at millions "slumdogs" in slum sin India.

what will be their option, " a hard job earning 250 USDs/ month in "sweat factories" or be a "slumdog" sleeping in street?
Why do you need to get India in the picture here?

The question was not about sweat factories but the prison inmates forced labour and organ trade.

Nothing to do with poverty in India!

MMuthu

I don't want to be Hard worker..... use the brain.

Arjun may took very long time, but that does not mean it is a bad.... It has its own merits.

Once I read in a book. The Chinese embassy official asked a chinese student ... "Why do you want to go to America"

The student replied "I want to go to US because my father is handicap, I want to become specialized in artificial Limbs"

Hearing that the embassy official gave 5 year visa to him..... The next day almost 90% of the people who attended the visa interview told the same story in a different format.

Please give importance to the grey matter, it is that matter which made us the primary living Organism in this earth.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles