China launches Asia's largest helicopter .

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
CH-53K: The U.S. Marines' HLR Helicopter Program

The HLR program calls for new-build helicopters derived from the CH-53E Super Stallion, with initial flight tests in 2010-2011, and initial operating capability in 2014-2015. To fulfill that goal, Sikorsky received $3.04 billion for System Development and Demonstration (SDD), to include 4 SDD aircraft, 1 ground test vehicle, and associated program management and test support. US Navy PMA-261 is responsible for the program, and the current program manager as of February 2010 is Capt. Rick Muldoon. He has been the program manager for over 3 years.

hbogyt

is it bigger than MI-26????
Russia is considered a European country.

Again a copy , can these chinis make something original....
Ooo I don't know. Maybe, never? As originality is to the eye of the beholder to the extent that a Chinese product is discussed on this forum. I thought that my example of your country's copy of Scharnhorst was enough to convince you. Evidently, it was not.

Their rise is short live, J11 is copy, J-20 is a copy, copies paste will survive till it is possible to borrow tech or buy or steal, China is now space reserch is going coz it is archiving something what many archived back in 80s, Have a look at newer Russian Space Shuttles, New projects, China is far behind..
J-20 is clearly legitimately original. China is not far behind at all. Since the end of the space race, Russia has allocated no where near as much resources to space technology as before, whereas the Chinese space programme will only receive ever more support. Merely the time China took to achieve the same feat is not a fair indicator of Chinese progress.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
They're going to really eat into Russian-dominated helicopter markets. We need to re-open thatn medium left helicopter project and using Dhruv's success, capitalize on that opportunity.

Excellent design though. I like Chinese way of thinking.

Blackwater

Ooo I don't know. Maybe, never? As originality is to the eye of the beholder to the extent that a Chinese product is discussed on this forum. I thought that my example of your country's copy of Scharnhorst was enough to convince you. Evidently, it was not.

J-20 is clearly legitimately original. China is not far behind at all. Since the end of the space race, Russia has allocated no where near as much resources to space technology as before, whereas the Chinese space programme will only receive ever more support. Merely the time China took to achieve the same feat is not a fair indicator of Chinese progress.

Half of USSR was in Asia. You illiterate Chini.. Mi-26 was developed during USSR times. Even geographically, today's half of Russia also comes in Asia.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
By Europeans. Ask a typical Russian and they'd tell you what they really think of being associated with US lackeys. I tried it and believe me, my Russian buddy wasn't pleased.

I like your government's ambitious desire and its determination to reach the top. Unfortunately, ours are opposite.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Your geographical knowledge is poor after i read the first sentence..

See, Without having any agreement from french regarding making modification to the original deign or making similar clones is a illegal copy, Unlike Hummer in china their is all illegal copies, I can be wrong provided you provide some proof about its home made deign..

J-20 deign is very much close to MIG-1.44 deign, that is no coincident..

95% deigns are foreign including space rocket to modules that why their is so less time to develop and test, Same goes for Aircraft, Trains, so does tanks and What will be self created deign which its future will relay on as basic platform ?, Russian have well Establishment Space research facilities and knowledge from beginning and funding are only increasing, I see no way Russia is getting behind, but increasing rapidly, China is now only started its adventure and it is nice, But not uncommon and anything new for other who already started long time back..

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
MiG 1.44 with an F-22 nose. So original... :laugh:

China is so close in the space race that it is where Russia was in 1967. Of course comparing yourself to a defunct power like Russia is no indicator of achievement when they haven't accomplished anything in 20 years. Of course we are still waiting on all China's research to be turned into usable systems.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China is a doing things marvellously.

How they do it is not important, since they are on the path of ends justifies means.

LTE-TDD

Half of USSR was in Asia. You illiterate Chini.. Mi-26 was developed during USSR times. Even geographically, today's half of Russia also comes in Asia.
This is what your teacher tell you? Go back to your school book and check.

Blackwater

No need to go to school coz its not my teacher but books of international standard told me. You better go to some international bookstore and buy a Atlas or Geography books and read. Dont buy by the Chinese authors, they will still say Russia is part of china:cool2::cool2:

Blackwater

if Russia is part of Europe then Europe will be the biggest continent on earth. Can you check what Your chini books says???

Its the capital Moscow which is considered as European not the whole Russia

nimo_cn

Country flag
Well, we all know that geographically Russia crosses both Europe and Asia. But we also know that traditionally and culturally, Russia is more considered to be an European country.

I noted that our Indian fellows are offended by the title, then I suggest the mods revise it. Personally, I have no problem with that, I don't think that will discount the achievement China has just achieved.

Blackwater

Well, we all know that geographically Russia crosses both Europe and Asia. But we also know that traditionally and culturally, Russia is more considered to be an European country.

I noted that our Indian fellows are offended by the title, then I suggest the mods revise it. Personally, I have no problem with that, I don't think that will discount the achievement China has just achieved.
Only becoz It's capital Moscow falls in Europe...

HeinzGud

Country flag

if Russia is part of Europe then Europe will be the biggest continent on earth. Can you check what Your chini books says???

Its the capital Moscow which is considered as European not the whole Russia
Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Russia is divided from the Ural mountains. Western part belongs to Europe and the Eastern part belongs to Asia.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
MiG 1.44 with an F-22 nose. So original... :laugh:
Intersting, people have to find more than one origins for Chinese weapons, which means Chinese weapons are getting more and more unique.

China is so close in the space race that it is where Russia was in 1967. Of course comparing yourself to a defunct power like Russia is no indicator of achievement when they haven't accomplished anything in 20 years. Of course we are still waiting on all China's research to be turned into usable systems.
Considering the scale of achievement in space race Russians had accomplished, I am gonna say China is just doing fine by repeating what has been done by Russians. After all, there aren't many countries capable of doing that so far.

pmaitra

Good response.

Actually, if one looked at the map of the USSR/Russia, more of it was/is in Asia than Europe.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Only becoz It's capital Moscow falls in Europe...
Russians choose Moscow as their capital because the gravity of their country lies around it.

In most aspects, Russia is more European than Asian.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles