China hits out at India for leaving it out of the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium

Country flag
China wants to be a superpower. So it will do what it has to. It has the economic might. It's borrowing and stealing technology in the military sector to create a more powerful force to challenge the only super power right now[/QUOTE

This Chinese threat will only bring USA and INDIA closer. Chine has gove from an undeveloped country to a semi developed country so there is nothing special about them but this is where their ego and arrogance originates.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
This Chinese threat will only bring USA and INDIA closer. Chine has gove from an undeveloped country to a semi developed country so there is nothing special about them but this is where their ego and arrogance originates.
Right said LF... they are jumping and rejoicing beyond their capacity... and spending beyond their means... they think they are a superpower now and their balloon is flying high...

Its about time somebody shot at the balloon with an air gun and removed just a bit of air from it just to show them their true worth...

I mean, nobody would mind if they progressed and remained modest about the entire issue... the problem is they are getting extremely arrogant and high handed and people ought to do something about it...

S.A.T.A

China has every right to increase its presence in the most important mass body of water in the world and to use every available platform to further that interests and India as the hegemon of the Indian ocean and whose backwaters it forms has every right to deny such a presence.......

China's moaning is inexplicable, and like somebody mentioned, quite unbecoming of wannabe superpower.maintaining even a semblance of presence in the Pacific ocean will be quite a handful for the chicoms in the coming decades.

Pintu

India has done all the right, what Chinese can expect after their hegemonic attitude and what they did in ADB, by blocking the loan to Arunachal Pradesh, and I am not linking this issue with ADB loan, but India has every right to resist an dangerous hegemonic neighbour in her backwater.

Regards

yang

No,I think we never think we are a great power.And if you see the strategies of China,and compare them with other country,you may find China just show its viewpoints on the controversial issues,but don't do any thing beyond it.And if you check the comments on the Internet in Chinese forum,you may find Chinese were not satified with our weak reaction,and they think we can't allow others bully us anymore,as......
And you can't see things wearing color glasses,China developed a lot,and GDP grows rapidly,gov get more Tax,it is natural to increase the expenses on military,but the American military expenditure takes a proportion of 50% of the world.
Tonight ,I will discuss with you in details.

EnlightenedMonk

No,I think we never think we are a great power.And if you see the strategies of China,and compare them with other country,you may find China just show its viewpoints on the controversial issues,but don't do any thing beyond it.And if you check the comments on the Internet in Chinese forum,you may find Chinese were not satified with our weak reaction,and they think we can't allow others bully us anymore,as......
And you can't see things wearing color glasses,China developed a lot,and GDP grows rapidly,gov get more Tax,it is natural to increase the expenses on military,but the American military expenditure takes a proportion of 50% of the world.
Tonight ,I will discuss with you in details.
We look forward to hearing your esteemed and unbiased views Mr.Yang...

yang

Right said LF... they are jumping and rejoicing beyond their capacity... and spending beyond their means... they think they are a superpower now and their balloon is flying high...

Its about time somebody shot at the balloon with an air gun and removed just a bit of air from it just to show them their true worth...

I mean, nobody would mind if they progressed and remained modest about the entire issue... the problem is they are getting extremely arrogant and high handed and people ought to do something about it...
I think the Chinese gov showed great patience,and the official always seem to be modest,and they claim China is a developing country,and is a third world country,thus,they were thought to be timid,just as many people here think.
But you said that China is very arrogant,that maybe the contrary side of your notion that China is always afraid of sth.In my opinion, I think the two conflicting opinion kept in your mind is due to two issues happened not long a ago:1st,the Chinese ambassador claimed that Arunachal Pradesh is a part of Chinese territory,2nd,you think China vetoed the loan to Arunachal Pradesh .
The two current affairs are actually just one thing:the controversy over the border line.
And the things occured about two years ago that Chinese gov refused to offer visa to an officer in Arunachal Pradesh ,which is the border issue ,too.
And do you think China has done things beyond its duty?Change your angle,if you are indian leader,can you tolerate the ABD offer loan to Arunachal Pradesh ,but as a part of China,cause it's a controversial place,and China has never admitted it is a part of India,if China let any thing which shows it is a part of India happened,than that will give excuse to other countries that China has admitted it as a part of India.
As it did with the case of Taiwan.
And China showed his anger only when the issues has interfered his internal issues.

yang

I clear remember that the Indian Foreign minister on March 3th,claimed that Arunachal Pradesh has never been forgotten by the gov,and the gov don’t accept the Chinese notion that Arunachal Pradesh is a part of China.
On April 1st,Indian fist female president Pratibha Patil have a visit to the controversial state ,and during her journey ,she visited a outliers near the frontier,she give a speech to the soldiers any military weapon shortage shouln’t happen.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well if India were to say that the treaty was signed between British India and Tibet. China has trampled on Tibet and then unilaterally declared the treaty as null and void. So accept AP as part of India if you consider Tibet your own. Else India will one fine day consider Tibet as an independent country and recognize the Dalai Lama as the leader of the of the Government of Tibet in exile.
Im sure lots of international support will follow suit.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
All China is trying to do is use its economic clout and its expanding military as well as alliances to push its agenda all over the world, India included.
China's global ambitions are well known. It also wants to push its own currency instead of the Dollar. No point hiding your intentions. Everyone knows what they are.

yang

Well if India were to say that the treaty was signed between British India and Tibet. China has trampled on Tibet and then unilaterally declared the treaty as null and void. So accept AP as part of India if you consider Tibet your own. Else India will one fine day consider Tibet as an independent country and recognize the Dalai Lama as the leader of the of the Government of Tibet in exile.
Im sure lots of international support will follow suit.
But the possibility will happen only if Tibet is an independent country.History is history,and as it is history,and as it happened in the past ,so nobody can change it,you can prove my words by finding the truth through all resourses,and you can also by checking the cultural relics.
And I will ask what identity Dailai Lamma is in your mind.

johnee

@yusuf,
both your posts are right on the point.:113:

@yang,
most of your posts dont make much sense to me, like the above one. what exactly is your point? be clear and precise.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
But the possibility will happen only if Tibet is an independent country.History is history,and as it is history,and as it happened in the past ,so nobody can change it,you can prove my words by finding the truth through all resourses,and you can also by checking the cultural relics.
And I will ask what identity Dailai Lamma is in your mind.
China has destroyed the history and culture of Tibet. Thats the reason why you dont recognize the history involved in the treaty between India and Tibet.
Yes the Dalai Lama is the spiritual head, but then if we want we can prop him as a leader of the government of Tibet.
China is not the only country that can play games. You recognize AP, Sikkim, we recognize Tibet.

yang

All China is trying to do is use its economic clout and its expanding military as well as alliances to push its agenda all over the world, India included.
China's global ambitions are well known. It also wants to push its own currency instead of the Dollar. No point hiding your intentions. Everyone knows what they are.
I agree with your first paragraph,no body want stay in the cold corner,so do India.
And I think what you refered to is the issue that our central bank governor Zhou Xiaochun said "China wants dollar replaced as reserve currency",and the essay was posted on the People's Bank of China website.
And just about a month ago,China sighed currency reciprocal agreements with a S-America country.

As you all know ,Obama has promot a grand rescue package,and he already started printing money.That measures can cause the sudden fall in the value of the dollar .What is the consequence?China's capital will thrink rapidly.
And as we all know ,China economy is export oriented,so the currency swap will improve our export,cause many countris in the world are lack of foreign exchange reserve of US dollar.
I doubt RMB,too.And I am sure it wont be a global currency overnight.So,no professional experts are holding that ridiculous view,for I am just a studet.

yang

China has destroyed the history and culture of Tibet. Thats the reason why you dont recognize the history involved in the treaty between India and Tibet.
Yes the Dalai Lama is the spiritual head, but then if we want we can prop him as a leader of the government of Tibet.
China is not the only country that can play games. You recognize AP, Sikkim, we recognize Tibet.
yes,we never recongise your treaty,and if Taiwan signed a treaty with you that Taiwan is a part of India ,we won't recognise ,too.And it is very interesting to see that Dalai Lamma claimed he is the son of India,and he want to be an Indian.
And I will repeat ,the Tibet culture is well protected,as well as the Muslim culture .Every university in China has Muslim dining hall,cause they don't eat pork.

Yeah,you said Dalai Lamma is a spiritual head,what i wait are just your words.And he built a gov consist of 5 sectors that even have foreign affairs ministry.And the demoncracy defined by the west,no religious can play the role of a gov.He is just like a clown,and he seldom remembered what he said yesterday.
Once a time ,he announced that he don't want to seperate Tibet from China,and he only want to build a grand Tibet that cover 1/4 territory of China,and drive away the people of other ethnic group who lived there for generation,and the Chinese army can't enter.But he denied that when our forigh minister YangJiechi reply these words to the German journalist at the news release conference during our Two conferences in Beijing.
The video below showed our premier WengJiabao 's reponse to him,and he said the words Dalai Lamma has said can't be denied,and the words was said to the whole world by Dailai Lamma.

ÊÓƵ£ºÎ¼ұ¦³Æ´ïÀµËùν´ÓÎ÷²Ø³·¾ü˵·¨Àµ²»µô_ÐÂÀËÊÓƵ_ÐÂÀËÍø

yang

After WengJiabao said that,everyone in the world turned to Dharamsala,but Dailai Lamma kept silent.
May be he have mastered the technique that the costs of making a lie is very low,but it may costs a lot and spends a long time to expose a lie.

EnlightenedMonk

Guys, this is the thread which deals with China's response to us blocking their entry into the Indian Ocean Symposium...

Please, let us stick to that topic and not digress into issues such as Tibetan Culture or the Dalai Lama or somebody else's cultural rights and their protection...

There are appropriate threads for that and I suggest that we use them for that...

And, please, Yang, please do not disrespect the Dalai Lama because we hold him sacred and accord him the highest respect here in our country...

yang

Guys, this is the thread which deals with China's response to us blocking their entry into the Indian Ocean Symposium...

Please, let us stick to that topic and not digress into issues such as Tibetan Culture or the Dalai Lama or somebody else's cultural rights and their protection...

There are appropriate threads for that and I suggest that we use them for that...

And, please, Yang, please do not disrespect the Dalai Lama because we hold him sacred and accord him the highest respect here in our country...
Ok,let us go back to the topic.
The 'hit out ' is not suitable,cause the spokesman comfirmed that China won't be a threat to India.And the word"regret "may be better.
I think it isn;t a surprise,and India didn't satified with that China hasn't invited Indian premier to the Olympic Opening ceremony.But we have invited the esteemed lady Grandhi.
The feeling that be banished won't be good.And a girl complained to me that her roommate give the birthday cake to everyone except her and that madeher feel humiliated.That's the same reason.

I think the best way to remove the mistrust is to strengthen communication,expand cooperation,and seek further developments through joint efforts.
Like the navy party in Qingdao,China on April 22.India,Pakistan,S-korea,Russia,USA,Brizal,Bengal attend.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yes this thread is not about Tibet. But it's about China sulking when it wasn't invited to an international fora but it's ok with it to keep others out of the forums it has influence over.

EnlightenedMonk

I don't think there is anything wrong in us following this policy given that China in the past has followed the same policy against us...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles