China gives go-ahead for three new Brahmaputra dams

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
No problem. Throw a few terrain hugging supersonic Brahmos their way. Few less people for China to feed.

Bahamut

Tibet dams river for its costliest hydro project
2016-10-01

Tibet on Friday blocked a tributary of the Yarlung Zangbo River as part of its most expensive hydro project.

The Lalho project on the Xiabuqu River in Xigaze, involves an investment of 4.95 billion yuan (740 million U.S. dollars), said Zhang Yunbao, head of the project's administration bureau.

The project was scheduled to be completed in 2019. Construction began in June 2014.

The project serves multiple purposes, including irrigation, flood control and power generation, said Zhang.

Its reservoir was designed to store up to 295 million cubic meters of water and helps irrigate 30,000 hectares of farmland.

The farming area, which usually suffers from severe drought, is a major crop production base in Xigaze.

The project will have two power stations with a combined generation capacity of 42 megawatts. They are designed to generate 85 million kilowatt-hours of electricity each year.

http://m.eng.tibet.cn/wap/china/1475252927366.shtml
Take some lesson from Israel water policy start to recycle water. India plans to do the same and with Isreal help we reduce our water usage.

amoy

Take some lesson from Israel water policy start to recycle water. India plans to do the same and with Isreal help we reduce our water usage.
Really? Great ! I've been the Pashupatinath Temple in Kathmandu. Standing on a bridge one night along with a few tourists I witnessed the whole process (almost) of what Hindus did to the dead on the banks of the Bagmati River, which is to flow to your sacred Ganges eventually (not sure). Is it the way of recycling u referred to?

Bharat Ek Khoj

Really? Great ! I've been the Pashupatinath Temple in Kathmandu. Standing on a bridge one night along with a few tourists I witnessed the whole process (almost) of what Hindus did to the dead on the banks of the Bagmati River, which is to flow to your sacred Ganges eventually (not sure). Is it the way of recycling u referred to?
You may have seen before 2014. Old practices will vanish soon.

Bahamut

Kathmandu is Nepal not India.But see the difference in govt=t, policy where our govt. is trying to clean river and recycle water the communist party of China is building Dam to stop the flow of river in an area where there is no Agriculture growth possible without GM technology

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles