China expresses concern about Indian border road plan

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
Google map? ?

To see the street views of the road or what?
The Trans-Arunachal Highway, a trunk route of about 1811 km in length, would be developed to 2-lane NH standards to link Tawang in north-western tip of Arunachal Pradesh to Kanubari in south-eastern end of the State and finally ending on NH-52 near Akajan on the right side of Bogibeel bridge near Dibrugarh in Assam. The Highway, passing through the mid belt of the State, will inter-connect 12 out of total 16 district headquarters towns of the State and would thus provide improved connectivity to the state capital and important locations of population concentration and economic activities including the sites of major hydro electric power projects. Within Arunachal Pradesh, the Highway will connect the district headquarters and other important places such as Tawang, Bomdila, Nechipu, Seppa, Sagalee, Yupia, Yazali, Ziro, Daporijo, Along, Pasighat, Roing, Tezu, Mahadevpur, Bordumsa, Namchik, Changlang, Khonsa, Longding, Kanubari etc. and help greatly in reducing isolation of the people of the state. Out of about 1811 km of the Highway, about 290 km forms part of NH-52 and 10 km of NH-153.[3] A length of about 1,850-km including link roads of Trans- Arunachal Highway has been declared as National Highway NH 52B ) by the Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport & Highways through a gazette notification. In addition 60-km 'missing link' between NH-57 and NH-37 connecting Dibang and Lohit valley in the state has also been declared as an extension of the NH-37. It will now be implemented by the ministry under the Special Accelerated Road Development Programme (SARDP) for the North-East.[4]

The INR10,000 crore project to provide a two-laned connectivity right through Arunachal Pradesh will stretch out between the strategic Tawang area to Mahadeopur ending near Dibrugarh in Assam. NH 52B will include 220 km of the existing NH 52 stretch, and will also touch Bomdila, Nechipur, Seppa, Sagali, Ziro, Daporijo, Along, Pasighat, Roing Teju, Mahadeopur, Namchik, Changlang and Khonsa on the Nagaland border and Kanubari en route

MAP and complete details of the project

http://www.arunachalpwd.org/pdf/Tra...- Note submitted to Secretary to Governor.pdf

CCP

The Trans-Arunachal Highway, a trunk route of about 1811 km in length, would be developed to 2-lane NH standards to link Tawang in north-western tip of Arunachal Pradesh to Kanubari in south-eastern end of the State and finally ending on NH-52 near Akajan on the right side of Bogibeel bridge near Dibrugarh in Assam. The Highway, passing through the mid belt of the State, will inter-connect 12 out of total 16 district headquarters towns of the State and would thus provide improved connectivity to the state capital and important locations of population concentration and economic activities including the sites of major hydro electric power projects. Within Arunachal Pradesh, the Highway will connect the district headquarters and other important places such as Tawang, Bomdila, Nechipu, Seppa, Sagalee, Yupia, Yazali, Ziro, Daporijo, Along, Pasighat, Roing, Tezu, Mahadevpur, Bordumsa, Namchik, Changlang, Khonsa, Longding, Kanubari etc. and help greatly in reducing isolation of the people of the state. Out of about 1811 km of the Highway, about 290 km forms part of NH-52 and 10 km of NH-153.[3] A length of about 1,850-km including link roads of Trans- Arunachal Highway has been declared as National Highway NH 52B ) by the Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport & Highways through a gazette notification. In addition 60-km 'missing link' between NH-57 and NH-37 connecting Dibang and Lohit valley in the state has also been declared as an extension of the NH-37. It will now be implemented by the ministry under the Special Accelerated Road Development Programme (SARDP) for the North-East.[4]

The INR10,000 crore project to provide a two-laned connectivity right through Arunachal Pradesh will stretch out between the strategic Tawang area to Mahadeopur ending near Dibrugarh in Assam. NH 52B will include 220 km of the existing NH 52 stretch, and will also touch Bomdila, Nechipur, Seppa, Sagali, Ziro, Daporijo, Along, Pasighat, Roing Teju, Mahadeopur, Namchik, Changlang and Khonsa on the Nagaland border and Kanubari en route

MAP and complete details of the project

http://www.arunachalpwd.org/pdf/Tra...- Note submitted to Secretary to Governor.pdf
They provided details at early 2008 and now is end of 2014.

Has anything happened yet?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

In Arunachal Pradesh, all roads are being upgraded to NHDL specifications to enable smooth induction of Smerch-M and Pinaka MBRLs along with BrahMos TELs. The bridges too are being upgraded to permanent Class 40 specifications. In addition, an alternate route to Tawang is under construction from Bhalukpong via Charduar. In the Subansari and Siyom valleys, the roadway has proceeded well past Along and should be completed by 2018, though bridge construction will be completed only by 2020. Along the Kibuthu axis, the bridge at Brahmakund was completed last year and another bridge is under construction at Digaru. Also, a rail bridge is being built at Dibrugarh across the Brahmaputra. Another bridge at Pasighat has already been completed. The National Highways 52 and 37 running along and north and south banks of the Brahmaputra are now being joined up at the extreme eastern part of Arunachal Pradesh in order to ensure additional flexibility in the switching of ground forces between the valleys and trans-Brahmaputra riverine movement.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Let me help you to provide the link of your pictures.

India's Northern Border Roadways: A Shocking National Shame
India's Northern Border Roadways: A Shocking National Shame
You don't have to help me.

All these details are in my computer and I glean from there.

It is a crying shame that if you knew about it, you still are asking:
any link or proof?

or just trolling?
If that is not trolling by you, then one wonders what is?!

You being a foreign poster, I will overlook this one time, as a concession in the spirit of Indian magnanimity..

Last edited:

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag

CCP

more pics and link

Public Works Department (Highways)

Ongoing and Completed photographs of Trans Arunachal Highway

2LANING NH-37 Extn.(Roing-Santipur) - BC Completed

2LANING NH-37 Extn.(Roing-Santipur)- BC Completed

2LANING NH-153 (Jairampur-Pangsu pass) - WMM IN PROGRESS

and more in the below link

Public Works Department (Highways)
Yes, that is TAH , a project from 2008.

from the link you provided less than 100 km has done.
Slow pace of work 'hits' progress of Namsai-Chowkham road under TAH

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Surprising the news has spooked China.

It is ongoing, except that there has been a lot of environmental issues that have made the project hiccup at times.

Apparently, this Govt is taking a fresh view to balance the environment issues and the security requirement.

China possibly is now worried since there is determination and the speed of the project being enhanced.

And they are aware that the Modi Govt means business.

Last edited:

CCP

You don't have to help me.

All these details are in my computer and I glean from there.

It is a crying shame that if you knew about it, you still are asking:

If that is not trolling by you, then one wonders what is?!

You being a foreign poster, I will overlook this one time, as a concession in the spirit of Indian magnanimity..
I know there is road building In NE, But

"The minister of state has conceived the idea of building a road that could be about 2,000 km (1,240 miles) long. The project has not been given cabinet approval but the preliminary nod from the PMO has come," said the official who asked not to be named because he was not authorised to speak to the media.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I know there is road building In NE, But

"The minister of state has conceived the idea of building a road that could be about 2,000 km (1,240 miles) long. The project has not been given cabinet approval but the preliminary nod from the PMO has come," said the official who asked not to be named because he was not authorised to speak to the media.
The plans must have been enhanced and made more robust to cater for the security concern than what was originally planned and was being executed..

It is no secret that with China building infrastructure right up to the border, the old concept of leaving the area underdeveloped, so that the Chinese cannot move their artillery etc makes no sense, especially now that India is determined to be proactive rather than defensive.

That is why the new Corps is coming into being.

Last edited:

CCP

The plans must have been enhanced and made more robust to cater for the security concern than what was originally planned and was being executed..
Read my posts.

Did I say there is no road or road plan in NE?

All I mentioned is this PROJECT.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Read my posts.

You better get back to the topic and not be aggravating.

Any sane person knows roads when built is under a Project.

And anyone knows that Projects are tweaked as per the requirement.

If you knew anything about the Border Roads Organisation, you would know how Projects get enhanced as per the security requirement.

In a democracy, it is all about competitive politics. Therefore, everyone claims it is their own idea.

But then, I concede that you are not aware about democracy and politics.

Now, get back to the topic pronto.

Last edited:

sgarg

Read my posts.

There is no logic is China commenting on a specific project.

I think India will go ahead with the road. There is no point in making noise about something which China cannot dictate or change.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Photos show a concrete mixer but the paving appears to be asphalt. Are both used in road construction on the project?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Ha ha ha the DRAGON IS GETTING AFRAID OF INDIA.......

THE GREAT DRAGON can get jittery....... :pound: :pound: :pound:

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Wake up guys.
We are awake and that is why we are responding in kind to give your CCP thugs sleepless nights. India is not defenseless Tibet and you will receive befitting response from out forces. The present Government has a "CAN DO And WILL DO" attitude which is making your commies piss in their pants.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles