China Expands Airbase On Coco Island

SHASH2K2

Wont it be part of Navy's strategies to take this base out as soon as hostilities begin if it does?
What if the draw the first blood using coc Island as base ? If Nhru gifted coco Island to Myanmar then this is one more case he screwed us . I wonder if even god knows how many and on how occasions he screwed up.

Param

We should talk with Myanmar , some kind of trade and get the Coco islands back .
LOL, we can't get back a tiny fishing island called Katchatheevu near Rameswaram from the hands of SL. Do you think the burmese or Chinese are going to let go of a strategic asset like Coco?

Country flag
This is nothing more than spying, it does not give Chinese any strategic advantage when they can not even send supplies there.

agentperry

What if the draw the first blood using coc Island as base ? If Nhru gifted coco Island to Myanmar then this is one more case he screwed us . I wonder if even god knows how many and on how occasions he screwed up.
not until 1990s the planning of Indian policymakers were that after fully using A&N they will dump it which means no deployment and not even claiming to be ours.

SHASH2K2

no idea. they are accused of testing it in near future. they made caves in mountains for testing
Caves in mountains wont be for testing but for storage of nukes or maybe labs. in any case testing of nukes wont hide from sensors . It will be loud enough to get noticed in many seismic activity monitoring centers.

Galaxy

Country flag
The Coco Islands consist of the main Great Coco Island and the smaller Little Coco Island, separated by the Alexandra Channel. Table Island, a third small island located near the Great Coco Island, previously housed a lighthouse but is presently uninhabited.

Google Map of Airbase in Coco Island : Google Maps

So close to A&N Island. :rolleyes:

agentperry

Caves in mountains wont be for testing but for storage of nukes or maybe labs. in any case testing of nukes wont hide from sensors . It will be loud enough to get noticed in many seismic activity monitoring centers.
paki did it same way

SHASH2K2

But the most probable way they'll test will be in mountains.
what I know is that china facilitated transfer of few of N korean nukes to Myanmar in return of myanmar providing some rice to hungry N Korea. those equipments and weaons are stored in Mountain caves .
They may test in mountain ranges I am not denying that. It reduces the impact of explosion.

Param

what I know is that china facilitated transfer of few of N korean nukes to Myanmar in return of myanmar providing some rice to hungry N Korea. those equipments and weaons are stored in Mountain caves .
They may test in mountain ranges I am not denying that. It reduces the impact of explosion.
???? What? Transfer of nukes directly? I thought it was only nuke making stuff and tech for nuke facilities? Any links?

agentperry

the entire himalayan range is the collision zone between indian and rest of asian plates, they are constantly going against eachother and making entire himalayan range earthquake prone. a nuke test can easily be covered behind fake earthquake

Param

the entire himalayan range is the collision zone between indian and rest of asian plates, they are constantly going against eachother and making entire himalayan range earthquake prone. a nuke test can easily be covered behind fake earthquake
Seismic waves sent out during earthquakes are different from those created during nuke test.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles