China disarming India without fighting

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Funny I was thinking exactly the same yesterday when i heard that the AR RFP will be scrapped due to kickbacks by Sig Sauer... Didn't post as i thought I was just being paranoid...

China disarming India without fighting | Niti Central

More than 2,000 years back, Sun Tzu, the author of the Art of War wrote, "For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill; to subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

If I was a Chinese general and keen to defeat India without combating, do you know what I would do?

I would provide 'proofs' that foreign arms dealers have corrupted some Indian officials or politicians by paying hefty 'commissions'. I would repeat this for each and every armament deal.

The result would be terrific. The Indian Ministry of Defence would immediately cancel all the deals, no more arms for the three Indian services! It would be rather easy to realise. One just has to 'inform' the Indian Government that something has gone wrong in the procurement process, and 'someone' has taken money.

So easy to do and easy to believe! The reverse would be unbelievable.

no smoking

Country flag
Bravo!

You indians are really good at blaming others for your own problems!

Prometheus

It's for us people to realize who keep crying hoarse about corruption in arms deals and stop every single deal.

Oh come on .... its not that we dont trust the fact that China would want to disarm us, but its just that we have more faith in the theory that the Indian politician and top Army brass (selected specifically for this purpose by the politicians) would swindle us. The average Indian sees corruption in every walks of life, leave alone defense.

Besides we dont have to defeat China ....we just need a credible deterrent, which we have. Unlike the Pak border , fortunately the Chinese border is quite a difficult terrain which cannot be supported logistically, reason the Chinese retreated to their original positions in Arunachal cause they didnt have any hopes of supporting their positions. Here we can match them man to man, and they cant overwhelm us with numbers. The Chinese threat is overstated, yes we did face heavy casualties in past but this was because we were ill prepared and never expected an attack from the eastern front. India has made substantial changes in its army ever since and they are good enough to hold china in a stalemate for years to come.

Besides I doubt if China has influence ovr foreign arms sellers , since India is the biggest arms importer in the market, and the recent disclosures of corruption, have come from foreign countries, not India itself ...hell the Chinese cant get them to sell them arms, let alone stop them from selling arms to India

t_co

There will be corruption even if Indian companies produce world class weapons and compete with each other. Perhaps we should learn from the US system of weapons development and production.
Are you effing kidding? US defense spending is by no means clean or efficient. Sure, it might be relatively better than, say, India's or China's, but there are huge, huge, huge problems with pork-barrel spending, legislative obstruction (e.g. congressmen blocking defense bills until they move manufacturing to their State or district), procurement creep (generals approving needless projects so that when they retire they can go be "directors" or "consultants" on those projects), and lobbying (an euphemism for out-and-out bribery).

t_co

The general principle I've come to expect from defense spending is that 20% of the spending does 80% of the actual work in defending the nation.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
The best way for the Chinese to disarm India is by disarming Pakistan.

India will not arm herself for the Chinese. The twin thoughts that China can not be defeated and that there is Himalays to guard India still remains in the core of Indian thinking.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Too bad, we don't like EULA, CISMOA interfering in our security apparatus.

Okay then, so according to the article then you just give it to the Chinese because of investigation paralysis.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Why would 61398 hv to do this? Could it be Dassault alike playing this against AgustaWestland ? Competition! Good! Cyberwars launched by Sun Tzu or Chinese generals have made these deals suspicious. Pls resume them :p Hopefully such witch hunting can be helpful in India's election campaigns too - Blame it on Chinese!
This proves that the chinese are cowards.........

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
chini are true cowards. They will not engage in real war, indirectly they provoke the pakistanis to go for with India. :facepalm:

arya

Country flag
yes thats ture we are not close to them we are lossing every day

catn understand is any defence tank here in india, our pm have any knowldege about our force

i am sure pm just saw officre on 26 jan and 15 aug only . he never saw any interst in force problem

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Okay then, so according to the article then you just give it to the Chinese because of investigation paralysis.
I don't agree with article. It is written with a predetermined self-convincing baseless conclusion.

cir

But China wants India to enter an arms race of sort so that the latter's economic and social developments won't have the resources that are required for general advancements.

China does not give a sh1t about how much India spends on its armed forces.

It is an internal matter that should be decided internally.

JBH22

Pathetic article for me the Choppergate is nothing infact its good that they cancelled spending millions of dollars for VVIP comfort this money can be used to buy BPJ for infantry etc.

I do not care about your sorry a$$es Indian VVIP move in Mi-8 or in SUVs

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles