China delivers warship to Pakistan: navy

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
I didn't claim us to be a blue water navy, but F-22P and 3 German/French subs are the very first step in that direction. It will take another decade or two to build and induct 50-60 new ships in order to counter Indians domination of the Indian Ocean.
It'll also take a well developed economy something which has been eluding Pakistan.In a decade or two the 'Indian domination' of the Indian ocean might not be easy to counter with carrier battlegroups and a large submarine force being planned.

Country flag
I didn't claim us to be a blue water navy, but F-22P and 3 German/French subs are the very first step in that direction. It will take another decade or two to build and induct 50-60 new ships in order to counter Indians domination of the Indian Ocean.
the subs are a good step, but the all diesel-electric subs have a known weakness and don't make them ideal for deep water operations, pakistan is countering India but India is more focused on China at the moment and in 10 years the numbers for the Indians ships/systems will be a lot different. 100 new ships are planned for the Indian navy over the next decade.

Neo

Hi neo, who is hamid ??????????
I was watching some of his video, that guy is telling that in 5 year pak will be sitting in moon and pak rule the world in just 5 year.....
Are you guys serious,you really mean what you say.........
What is he smoking...? Could I have some of that please..? :sarcastic:

Jeypore

Hi neo, who is hamid ??????????
I was watching some of his video, that guy is telling that in 5 year pak will be sitting in moon and pak rule the world in just 5 year.....
Are you guys serious,you really mean what you say.........
Do not worry about that guy, majority of pakistanie establishment thinks he is way to much into conspiracy smoking!!! He has one plat form called brass talks and that's about it!!!

fateh71

F22 P - Details as per wiki

Type: Guided missile frigate
Displacement: 2500 tons [1]
Length: 111.7 m
Beam: 12.4 m
Draft: 3.5 m (estimated)
Speed: 29 knots [2]
Complement: 170
Sensors and
processing systems: Type 517 Radar (long range air search)
Type 363 Radar (air search)
Type 345 Radar (SAM fire-control)
Type 347 Radar (CIWS fire-control)

TRC47C radar
Electronic warfare
and decoys: NRJ 6A
Armament: 1× 76.2 mm calibre AK-176M main gun

1× 8-cell FM-90 SAM

Type 730 CIWS - 2× 7-barrel gatling guns, 30 mm calibre
2× 4-cell SSM launchers:

C-803 anti-ship missile

CY-series anti-submarine rockets

1× Harbin Z-9EC helicopter:

4× TL-10, C-701, AS 15 TT ASM

CY-series anti-submarine rockets

Aviation facilities: Hangar

Shivalik class as per wiki

Type: Guided Missile Frigate
Displacement: 4,600 tons standard
5,600 tons full load
Length: 142.5 metres (468 ft)[2]
Beam: 16.9 metres (55 ft)[2]
Draught: 4.5 metres (15 ft)
Propulsion: 2 x Pielstick 16 PA6 STC Diesel engines & 2 x GE LM2500 boost turbines in CODOG configuration.
Speed: 32 knots (59 km/h) (Gas Turbines)[3]
22 knots (41 km/h) (Diesel Engines)
Complement: 257 (35 officers)
Sensors and
processing systems: Foremast-mounted MR-760 Fregat M2EM 3-D air search radar
Target illumination - MR-90 Orekh (NATO: Front Dome) radars
Contraves TMX tracker
BEL APARNA (Active and PAssive Radar for Navigation and Attack)
Elta AMDR antenna
communication grid - Gigabit Ethernet-based integrated ship borne data network, with a fiber optic cable backbone running through the vessel
HUMSA (Hull Mounted Sonar Array)
ATAS/Thales Sintra towed array systems
Bomber Electronic warfare (EW) suites - BEL Ajanta
Armament: 76mm Super Rapid Gun Mount (SRGM) (Main Gun-Italy)
2 xAK-630 30mm gatling gun
32 x Barak SAM[4]
1 3S-90 launcher for 9M317 (SA-N-12) SAMs with 24 missiles
8 x Klub/Brahmos Cruise Missiles[5]
90R missiles (ASW)
DTA-53-956 torpedoes
Klub ASW Missile (91RE2-Possible)
RBU-6000 (RPK-8)
Aircraft carried: 2 x HAL Dhruv or Sea King Mk.42B

fateh71

I still do not understand the difference in price.A Shivalik (even with the obvious difference in weight class etc) costs 650 million when made in India, but a Chinese built F22 p costs only 175 million?

Neo

First of all you wake up da,otherwise you will start ruling world with 1 f22p
bye
Stop being an idiot and try to put some valid arguments or else you're a waste of bandwidth. Tsk tsk tsk...

Neo

It'll also take a well developed economy something which has been eluding Pakistan.In a decade or two the 'Indian domination' of the Indian ocean might not be easy to counter with carrier battlegroups and a large submarine force being planned.
Up n downs mate, we've had our share of problems in recent years. But we've also seen our economy hit 8.4% few years before that. What I'm saying is that you can't predict the future with one bad or corrupt government. Pakistan has always had two governements...the one in Islamabad and the other in the military HDQ. Its the military Think Tank which has never failed us unlike our civil governments. We've always countered every single threat from any of our neighbors. PN is developping a strategy to counter Indian dominance and she'll deliver with a number of good toys.

Pakistani coastline is just above 1000km, we don't need equal number of ships to counter IN. All it takes is good deterrence to prevent IN entering our waters or blocking sea routes to Karachi or Gwadar.

Neo

Beijing, Sept.17 (China Defense Mashup Report by Johnathan Weng) — The F-22P is an improved version of the Chinese Type 053H3 frigate currently on order by the Pakistan Navy (PN). The first ship is expected to be delivered to the PN in 2008 with the remainder by 2013. Four F-22P frigates have been ordered by the Pakistan Navy in total, with the first three being built by China, and the last being built in Pakistan by Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works (KSEW).

The F-22P Class frigate is armed with 8 C-802 surface-to-surface and 8 HHQ-7 (improved ) surface-to-air missiles. However the F-22P uses the Russian AK-176M 76.2mm as its main gun, instead of the Chinese 100mm counterpart. Physically, the F-22P has a stealthier platform as it uses a lot of the Type 054 frigate’s Radar Cross Sectional (RCS) reduction concepts. In 2008, first F-22P frigate (the one on the image) will be transferred to Pakistan Navy. These photos are taken from the shipyard of Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding (Group) Co., Ltd in Shanghai.

fateh71

Up n downs mate, we've had our share of problems in recent years. But we've also seen our economy hit 8.4% few years before that. What I'm saying is that you can't predict the future with one bad or corrupt government. Pakistan has always had two governements...the one in Islamabad and the other in the military HDQ. Its the military Think Tank which has never failed us unlike our civil governments. We've always countered every single threat from any of our neighbors. PN is developping a strategy to counter Indian dominance and she'll deliver with a number of good toys.

Pakistani coastline is just above 1000km, we don't need equal number of ships to counter IN. All it takes is good deterrence to prevent IN entering our waters or blocking sea routes to Karachi or Gwadar.
If Pakistan's build up is India specific, then more than surface ships the submarines are more effective as they have more offensive / deterrence value. I can not imagine surface ships being used in offensive roles as the numbers are too unfavorable right now.

Country flag
If Pakistan's build up is India specific, then more than surface ships the submarines are more effective as they have more offensive / deterrence value. I can not imagine surface ships being used in offensive roles as the numbers are too unfavorable right now.
I agree fateh ;also they are vulnerable to many different misisles, the subs would be more effective to a point until their positions are revealed.

Neo

Thats true...we'll eventually have 18-36 conventional subs and 3 nuclear subs by 2025, thats what PN wants. The P-3 Orion based AWACS and a new naval air arm with Babur CM and Ra'ad CM will boost our capabilities....
Both CM types can be fired from air or sea, the range will be extended to 1000km.

Country flag
Both CM types can be fired from air or sea, the range will be extended to 1000km.

do you have more Info??

Neo

Thats true...we'll eventually have 18-36 conventional subs and 3 nuclear subs by 2025, thats what PN wants. The P-3 Orion based AWACS and a new naval air arm with Babur CM and Ra'ad CM will boost our capabilities....

Neo

do you more Info??
They're not tested for range but from what I know from reliable sources is that Babur is ready to be tested and Ra'ad is in final stage of development. The latter is said to be a stealth design.

shotgunner

the reply was for the Chinese who want to maintain bad relations in the sub continent and fuel the arms race, Pakistan will do what it has to, but Indian focus is starting to change from being Pakistan specific to more China specific, the chinese realize this and are doing the things they always done, this will also shift Indian policy towards a more US favored policy so both can work together to contain China.
Based on what fits them best, PN chose to buy Chinese frigate. Good business for HuDong, they are also selling similar products to Thailand.

Also, anyone insane enough to "maintain" bad relations?

Pakistan bought US F-16's, would you say US is fueling arms race? Moreover, India bought US stuff too, what about that then?

US's China strategy is a mix of both engagement & containment. While fast moving away from engagement (trade, communication), India will soon be the spearhead of the containment part, what would that mean for Indian well-being? With trade deficit, large debt, low GDP and world's biggest poverty population, how come India becomes biggest buyers of US arsenal?

fateh71

I agree fateh ;also they are vulnerable to many different misisles, the subs would be more effective to a point until their positions are revealed.
Yes, hence more glaring India's negligence of its Sub arm.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles