China Debuts Homegrown C-17 Copy

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Yes Sure but it wont take it anywhere big, despite the given payload its fuselage is small to carry all that..

What they made is little better or same as IL-76MD..
Yah, I am happy that they at least are not only photomasters... they make something.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I think Photo-Masters are still better than Garbage mouths........ they need more time to mature..

Yah, I am happy that they at least are not only photomasters... they make something.

charlyondfi

It really does not mater if it is a copy or not.

What matters is that it works and it is indigenous.

I think Deng was right in this case - it does not matter if the cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice!
Sometimes it really doesn't need that much for a good conclusion.

Allow me to add (since it seems NO one yet point it out): this a/c will terminate PLAAF poor dependence on IL-76 once that engine issue can really has solution - a situation had long & embarrassingly hindered its desperate expansion plan in every front from logistics to survey platform.

Nice one, Ray sir

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
It is painfully obvious it is modeled on the Il-76 with slight modifications.
it is amazing that you acknowledge that Y20 is not complete copy,but one with a slight modification....

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
it is amazing that you acknowledge that Y20 is not complete copy,but one with a slight modification....
China is doing better at not making 100% xerox copies over the last decade. Now it is 90% xerox and 10% hybrid of foreign designs. :laugh:

badguy2000

Respected Member
China is doing better at not making 100% xerox copies over the last decade. Now it is 90% xerox and 10% hybrid of foreign designs. :laugh:
anyhow, you will find that a 100 hybrid of forengh design will come out...

and eventually, you will find that the design that is still in west dream will be "copied" by Chinese.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Wet dreams, Get some good quality engines at least equivalent to Russian on first place then you will talk about flying..

and eventually, you will find that the design that is still in west dream will be "copied" by Chinese.

badguy2000

Respected Member
------------------------------- Infractions handed -------------------------------

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
anyhow, you will find that a 100 hybrid of forengh design will come out...

I think that is a bit thick!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles