China could owe America one trillion dollars

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China is really great!

Lootera!

ladder

Country flag
Those are the rules? I think I saw more than 20 violators the 5 threads since I signed up today. C'mon this is exactly like the state of our beloved India, all the rules are there, no enforcement, no one actually respect and abide by the rules. Man...such professionalism and the eloquent language used in the rules and guidelines despite the glaring opposite realities. Hey guys, we have to do something about this. You guys are the seniors... do something.
OT here, but felt the necessity to respond.

Strictly speaking it's in the domain of the admins to respond to this post, but taking the liberty of being in a conversation about the same, I will like to respond.

Firstly, glad that you found the rules and regulation professional and eloquent, compliments to @Yusuf and team DFI.

Secondly, as rightly pointed out rules, laws and their implementation and interpretation are different affairs. It's applicable not just in DFI, but also in India and many parts of the world. ( in their respective justice system).

Thirdly, non implementation or lax implementation doesn't in any way undermine the desire and expectation on a member to not follow them or would in any way affect the outcome if found in violation of any of the rules.

Fourthly, staff might decide on the issue reported to the " through the report button" on individual merit and member concern can petition and speak on his/her individual capacity.

Fifthly, as this is a voluntary forum and non of the staff are paid, do you expect them to read and verify each and every post? use the report button in case you find any post is violation the rules and regulations.

Sixth being any post if misses the radar of the staff, cannot be treated as benchmark but only as an exception.Which in no way shall affect the future conduct of members.

Seventh, DFI is a privately owned and run forum and as Staff generally put it, It is not a democracy.

Eighth, the forum is a reflection of aggregated individual posting and debating tendencies and so, this forum would look fair if one and individual posts fairly.

ninth, being occasional light heart-ed post are taken in good spirit here.

tenth, being would be sad to loose a good poster to non adherence to rules, so, myself and @Tolaha, requested you to read and follow rules.

Also, in my short span of stay here at DFI, I have seen no one except trolls, complain against moderation policy.
Staff and members here respect divergence of opinion and discrepancy coming out of such post ( un-intentional) shall only gets deleted.

PS. This post of mine should not be taken as an official communication but only as an friendly advice.
@Singh @Yusuf @Ray

Last edited by a moderator:

jon88

Country flag
OT here, but felt the necessity to respond.

Strictly speaking it's in the domain of the admins to respond to this post, but taking the liberty of being in a conversation about the same, I will like to respond.

Firstly, glad that you found the rules and regulation professional and eloquent, compliments to @Yusuf and team DFI.

Secondly, as rightly pointed out rules, laws and their implementation and interpretation are different affairs. It's applicable not just in DFI, but also in India and many parts of the world. ( in their respective justice system).

Thirdly, non implementation or lax implementation doesn't in any way undermine the desire and expectation on a member to not follow them or would in any way affect the outcome if found in violation of any of the rules.

Fourthly, staff might decide on the issue reported to the " through the report button" on individual merit and member concern can petition and speak on his/her individual capacity.

Fifthly, as this is a voluntary forum and non of the staff are paid, do you expect them to read and verify each and every post? use the report button in case you find any post is violation the rules and regulations.

Sixth being any post if misses the radar of the staff, cannot be treated as benchmark but only as an exception.Which in no way shall affect the future conduct of members.

Seventh, DFI is a privately owned and run forum and as Staff generally put it, It is not a democracy.

Eighth, the forum is a reflection of aggregated individual posting and debating tendencies and so, this forum would look fair if one and individual posts fairly.

ninth, being occasional light heart-ed post are taken in good spirit here.

tenth, being would be sad to loose a good poster to non adherence to rules, so, myself and @Tolaha, requested you to read and follow rules.

Also, in my short span of stay here at DFI, I have seen no one except trolls, complain against moderation policy.
Staff and members here respect divergence of opinion and discrepancy coming out of such post ( un-intentional) shall only gets deleted.

PS. This post of mine should not be taken as an official communication but only as an friendly advice.
@Singh @Yusuf @Ray
Advise noted with gratitude and humility.

jon88

Country flag
The agreement mentioned in the article that allegedly signed by the PRC and USA refers to their 1979 bilateral agreement wherein the latter formally recognised the PRC as the government of China:

Unfortunate compromises and consequences for strategic hegemony during the cold war days with arch rival the Soviet Union.

jon88

Country flag
How come I am not allowed to post suddenly?
My mistake here...not allowed to post links. Funny, I didn't post a link , only reply with quote(which happens to have a link inside)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Those are the rules? I think I saw more than 20 violators the 5 threads since I signed up today. C'mon this is exactly like the state of our beloved India, all the rules are there, no enforcement, no one actually respect and abide by the rules. Man...such professionalism and the eloquent language used in the rules and guidelines despite the glaring opposite realities. Hey guys, we have to do something about this. You guys are the seniors... do something.
Good that you saw more than 20 violators the 5 threads since you signed up today.

In one day you achieved a lot.

I am sure the FBI and the CIA not having signed you on are sure losing out.

Sherlock Holmes was a fictional figure and so I wont ascribe you to that stratus.

Instead of generalities, you could PM the Moderators.

I do hope you know who they are.

How come I am not allowed to post suddenly?
Again, you should contact the Moderators and not fly off the handle.

Lastly, should you feel that Moderators out here are a bunch of nincompoop, you sure can file an RTI or a PIL and get your grievances mitigated.

For a one day wonder, you have done real well!

Guess what?

I was in Malaysia and now I am in India!

jon88

Country flag
Just had an interesting conversation with my wife. Might be off topic.

If debt can be bequeathed to next successive government, can the same be of the guilt of wrongdoings ? Should present day Britain compensate India for the guilt of colonialism by the old British Empire?......Can present day governments inherit the guilt of governments of yesteryear's? If the concept of justice holds true, where a debt must be repaid, where a wrongdoing must be punished, then, shouldn't we allow it?

Or we should all let bygones be bygones,... guilt, blame, debt and all?

happy

Good that you saw more than 20 violators the 5 threads since you signed up today.

In one day you achieved a lot.

I am sure the FBI and the CIA not having signed you on are sure losing out.

Sherlock Holmes was a fictional figure and so I wont ascribe you to that stratus.

Instead of generalities, you could PM the Moderators.

I do hope you know who they are.

Again, you should contact the Moderators and not fly off the handle.

Lastly, should you feel that Moderators out here are a bunch of nincompoop, you sure can file an RTI or a PIL and get your grievances mitigated.

For a one day wonder, you have done real well!

Guess what?

I was in Malaysia and now I am in India!
Sir, you do have a sense of humour rarely found. Rare because, we are loosing people with good eloquence and presence of mind to more robotic personalities. :)

happy

If debt can be bequeathed to next successive government, can the same be of the guilt of wrongdoings ? Should present day Britain compensate India for the guilt of colonialism by the old British Empire?......Can present day governments inherit the guilt of governments of yesteryear's? If the concept of justice holds true, where a debt must be repaid, where a wrongdoing must be punished, then, shouldn't we allow it?

Well, I don't think that we are willing to let old wounds die so easily. Let us forget the govt for a moment (which btw is more complicated) and think about ourselves individually. How many people would you expect to let bygones be bygones and carry on with their lives ??? How many would turn all hell loose to bring culprits to justice ????

ladder

Country flag

UK Announces Compensation For Kenyans Abused During 1950s Mau Mau Rebellion
UK Announces Compensation For Kenyans Abused During 1950s Mau Mau Rebellion

Can we draw parallel?

Another good read

http://overseasreview.blogspot.in/2011/02/compensation-for-damage-caused-by.html

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Old news. Why is this raised?
\

Because its not resolved yet. And it's pathetic for the PRC to be harping on American debt to China when it is China who is not honoring its debt to Americans.

jon88

Country flag
Commercial obligations are different from guilt.
I beg to differ. Just as a good soldier is a soldier devoid-ed of conscience and emotion, commercial obligations are made different from guilt to facilitate commercial exploitation.

ladder

Country flag
I beg to differ. Just as a good soldier is a soldier devoid-ed of conscience and emotion, commercial obligations are made different from guilt to facilitate commercial exploitation.
Why would a good soldier be devoid of conscience and emotion?
I don't think that's a good definition of a good soldier.

A man without a conscience in a battlefield can come close only to mercenary.
@Ray @Kunal Biswas @LETHALFORCE @W.G.Ewald

How do we define a good soldier, is there a definition of the same in Army?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Why would a good soldier be devoid of conscience and emotion?
I don't think that's a good definition of a good soldier.

A man without a conscience in a battlefield can come close only to mercenary.
@Ray @Kunal Biswas @LETHALFORCE @W.G.Ewald

How do we define a good soldier, is there a definition of the same in Army?

The Code of Conduct

I

I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

II

I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

III

If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and to aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

IV

If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

V

When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

VI

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

bennedose

China owing the US 1 trillion dollars is not a problem. China now has a trade surplus and can easily settle the loan amount by exporting goods to the US and not accepting money from the US as payment, in lieu of repaying the loan. So simple. With its huge dollar reserves I am sure a trillion is hardly anything for China, the honest and straight talking nation that it is led by the honorable communist party, the permanent government of China

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles