China Continues its crackdown on Tibet mine protest

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Images show China Continues its crackdown on Tibet mine protest

Monday, 23 September 2013

A heavy military deployment in Dzatoe County, Kham Yulshul of eastern Tibet. Photo: TPI

Since August, the situation remains very tense in Yulshul County, Kham region of eastern Tibet over the past several weeks, after a massive crackdown carried out by armed Chinese military forces to disperse Tibetans peacefully protesting against gold mining in the region.

Latest photos and video clip receiving from the region show hundreds of armed Chinese police and paramilitary forces marching in Dzatoe areas of Yulshul County to warn of further crackdown. "No locals are allowed to go into the mining areas of Dzatoe County. The areas are still carefully surrounded by the security forces," sources said.

A short video clip has surfaced online which show many large trucks loaded with full of Chinese military forces arriving in the region. "Around 12 military trucks arrived in the county. The military trucks however sudenly disappeared. We do not know where the Chinese military forces are hiding right now," sources added.

Local Chinese authorities warned of severe punishment including arrest and imprisonment if the Tibetans continued to protest. "The Chinese authorities were questioning local Tibetans. Each local was called in and questioned about the incident."

"They were specifically asked for the names of the persons who led in the planning of the protest and demanding of stop to mining," Ven Konchok told The Tibet Post International (TPI News), citing sources in the region.

Some other photos show mining drilling equipments and large range of pipes are in place in the areas. "The gold mining is started in the Dzatoe, cause to grow the anger of the public over the mining of their sacred mountain," source TPI News, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Chinese mining drilling equipments and large range of pipes are in place in Dzatoe County, Kham Yulshul of eastern Tibet. Photo: TPI

"Over 1,000 Tibetans gathered to protest against the mining activities in each of the three sacred Buddhist sites in the County in the past month. The massive military crackdown followed a tense confrontation between local Tibetan protestors and Chinese miner workers at three sacred Buddhist sites having gold reserves in Dzatoe in Yulshul County August 13.

The protestors were severely beaten by Chinese security forces with gun butts and hurling tear gas to disperse the peaceful protesting against diamond mining in Yulshul County in eastern Tibet. The situation remains tense in the county, as there is a growing anger over the severe crackdown,"

"Local Tibetans are concerned that the mining activities are not sanctioned by the Central government officials and that they could trigger environmental problems, including pollution. Protesters raised their hands and shouted slogans such as "stop the destruction of the environment", while putting up large banners displaying President Ju Jintao and his recent environment speech," Ven Konchok told The Tibet Post International (TPI), citing sources in the region.

The Central Tibetan Administration said it has "repeatedly called on China to ensure active participation of Tibetan people in all decision-making process and that social, environmental and cultural impacts assessment are carried out."

I am sure that the Chinese will state that they are inproving Tibet for Tibetans, but in actuality they are improving the economy of China for Han Chinese and leaving the Tibetans poor and raping their countryside.

While there is no second guessing that the economy of a Nation must be improved constantly, it is also incumbent to ensure minimal environmental damage and incorporating the locals into the development activities.

Here it appears that the Tibetans, whose land it is, are being kept out of the loop!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Tibetans Warned of 'Serious' Action if Anti-Mining Protests Resume

'Political education'

Meanwhile, Chinese officials have begun a three-month of program of political education for Tibetan county, township, and village leaders at the Dzatoe county center, the source said.

The course began on Aug. 26, he said.

"It is said that after the leaders are trained, a program to enhance 'political knowledge' will also be started for the general public," he said.

"Local Tibetans believe that this is a Chinese ploy to distract them from their protests against the mines, so that mining activity can proceed without obstruction."

Mining operations in Tibetan regions have led to frequent standoffs with Tibetans who accuse Chinese firms of polluting the environment and disrupting sites of spiritual significance.

no smoking

Country flag

Monday, 23 September 2013

A heavy military deployment in Dzatoe County, Kham Yulshul of eastern Tibet. Photo: TPI

Since August, the situation remains very tense in Yulshul County, Kham region of eastern Tibet over the past several weeks, after a massive crackdown carried out by armed Chinese military forces to disperse Tibetans peacefully protesting against gold mining in the region.

Latest photos and video clip receiving from the region show hundreds of armed Chinese police and paramilitary forces marching in Dzatoe areas of Yulshul County to warn of further crackdown. "No locals are allowed to go into the mining areas of Dzatoe County. The areas are still carefully surrounded by the security forces," sources said.

A short video clip has surfaced online which show many large trucks loaded with full of Chinese military forces arriving in the region. "Around 12 military trucks arrived in the county. The military trucks however sudenly disappeared. We do not know where the Chinese military forces are hiding right now," sources added.

Local Chinese authorities warned of severe punishment including arrest and imprisonment if the Tibetans continued to protest. "The Chinese authorities were questioning local Tibetans. Each local was called in and questioned about the incident."

"They were specifically asked for the names of the persons who led in the planning of the protest and demanding of stop to mining," Ven Konchok told The Tibet Post International (TPI News), citing sources in the region.

Some other photos show mining drilling equipments and large range of pipes are in place in the areas. "The gold mining is started in the Dzatoe, cause to grow the anger of the public over the mining of their sacred mountain," source TPI News, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Chinese mining drilling equipments and large range of pipes are in place in Dzatoe County, Kham Yulshul of eastern Tibet. Photo: TPI

"Over 1,000 Tibetans gathered to protest against the mining activities in each of the three sacred Buddhist sites in the County in the past month. The massive military crackdown followed a tense confrontation between local Tibetan protestors and Chinese miner workers at three sacred Buddhist sites having gold reserves in Dzatoe in Yulshul County August 13.

The protestors were severely beaten by Chinese security forces with gun butts and hurling tear gas to disperse the peaceful protesting against diamond mining in Yulshul County in eastern Tibet. The situation remains tense in the county, as there is a growing anger over the severe crackdown,"

"Local Tibetans are concerned that the mining activities are not sanctioned by the Central government officials and that they could trigger environmental problems, including pollution. Protesters raised their hands and shouted slogans such as "stop the destruction of the environment", while putting up large banners displaying President Ju Jintao and his recent environment speech," Ven Konchok told The Tibet Post International (TPI), citing sources in the region.

The Central Tibetan Administration said it has "repeatedly called on China to ensure active participation of Tibetan people in all decision-making process and that social, environmental and cultural impacts assessment are carried out."

I am sure that the Chinese will state that they are inproving Tibet for Tibetans, but in actuality they are improving the economy of China for Han Chinese and leaving the Tibetans poor and raping their countryside.

While there is no second guessing that the economy of a Nation must be improved constantly, it is also incumbent to ensure minimal environmental damage and incorporating the locals into the development activities.

Here it appears that the Tibetans, whose land it is, are being kept out of the loop!

After looking into the images, I can see the Chinese forces and their trucks, tents, but where are those tibetans?

Country flag
Chinese can only do business with military assistance in true communist fashion.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
After looking into the images, I can see the Chinese forces and their trucks, tents, but where are those tibetans?
I would suppose they were arrested, driven off, or otherwise intimidated.

amoy

Yulshul County, Kham region of eastern Tibet? This report even fails to get facts straight. Yulshul is part of Qinghai instead of Tibet.

From the write-up it can be deduced that the author (?TPI) is connected with the so-called Tibetan gvmt in exile sponsored by India, which advocates a "Great Tibet" i.e. one that inclusive of not only Tibet but also part of Qinghai, Sichuan and Yunnan wherever Tibetans or Khams (but diverse internally) spread out. How grandiose a design! As usual they upped their ante as negotiating tactics though knowing clearly what's put forward (Great Tibet) would never be accepted. Or as a matter of fact lamas wanted no success in nego. from the very onset and enjoyed the "prestige" on the world stage in opposition to China.

The protest could have been plausible if it's for environmental protection of "sacred mountains" against mining. However the author woefully tends to paint the event as a Tibetan-vs.-Han one, without reference to the fact that Yulshul is dominantly Tibetan, and Qinghai is largely consisting of others like Mongols, and Muslims (Hui, Tu, Salar etc.).

By blocking development (through mining) lamas could continue to instigate impoverished herders with religious bigotry and play the Tibetan-against-Han card as India's paw.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Wow, isn't that the standard for any debate anywhere: either you are eye witness, or you have evidence matching your words?
These are my words:

I would suppose they were arrested, driven off, or otherwise intimidated.
If you are going to use the English language, at least master it sufficiently, you hopeless little parrot.

Last edited:

t_co

These are my words:

If you are going to use the English language, at least master is sufficiently, you hopeless little parrot.
And if you're going to lecture people on the English language, try not to make typos while doing it. ;)

W.G.Ewald

Professional
No, this is the standard for debate:
Nothing more than a one-line non sequitur.

This is what I mean about the coordinated presence of Chinese here, meant to swamp discussion and independent thought with mindless totalitarian party-line thoughts and jabber, with a pathetic obsession to have "the last word."

There must be a way to control this blight. Why are Chinese so desperate to pollute DFI with their propaganda? I suppose the answer to that question is they want the same conformity for everybody as they have in their own miserable lives.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
"• Jiddu Krishnamurti

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
What do we see here that happens in every thread that reflects on the totalitarian and oppressive society that is China.

The 50 cent army marches in to distract, in this case from their murderous policies in Tibet.

"But India is just as bad!"

"US is worse!"

Pathetic chanting pygmies.

bose

Country flag
What do we see here that happens in every thread that reflects on the totalitarian and oppressive society that is China.

The 50 cent army marches in to distract, in this case from their murderous policies in Tibet.

"But India is just as bad!"

"US is worse!"

Pathetic chanting pygmies.
Sir, Chinese are programmed from birth to think the way their CCP want them to"¦ they have no option to think in an independent rationale way"¦ Chinese simply do not understand that there can be difference of opinion and still can live peacefully with it such difference"¦ I sometimes think how one can degrade oneself to such low and then come up with BIG MOUTH to give opinions on other"¦ aren't there any one in China who can stand against the tyranny of CCP and demand to be treated as a human rather than an animal"¦ GOD knows"¦

no smoking

Country flag
These are my words:
If you are going to use the English language, at least master it sufficiently, you hopeless little parrot.

So, you are guessing wildly.

And now you start to argue on my english language skills after failing to prove your guess, how pathetic you are.

no smoking

Country flag
Sir, Chinese are programmed from birth to think the way their CCP want them to"¦ they have no option to think in an independent rationale way"¦
So, you can't beat Chinese members' argument with your own knowledge but putting some marks on us?
How conveniant!

Chinese simply do not understand that there can be difference of opinion and still can live peacefully with it such difference"¦
It looks like you are the one don't understand there can be difference of opinion: except discussing reasonably, you simply deny their right to think differently than you by writting some BS like "you are brainwashed" or "You are 50 cents army"!

I sometimes think how one can degrade oneself to such low and then come up with BIG MOUTH to give opinions on other"¦
If Indian members can come up with BIG MOUTH to give opinions on Chinese stuffs, I don't see why you should stop Chinese from talking about Indian stuffs.

aren't there any one in China who can stand against the tyranny of CCP and demand to be treated as a human rather than an animal"¦ GOD knows"¦
Looks like someone got nothing else to say.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles