China Conducts First Test of New Ultra-High Speed Missile Vehicle

no smoking

Country flag
I can tell you this is propaganda. Provide me a link with details I guarantee you cannot
Give details for this propaganda. I gave information and a link, you cannot give anything.
Well, you should ask Pentagon for the details since they were the one put this "prpaganda" out.

ice berg

I can tell you this is propaganda. Provide me a link with details I guarantee you cannot
Give details for this propaganda. I gave information and a link, you cannot give anything.
face palm. how about read the first post in this thread..tsk tsk... do us a favour and readdddddd.
hilarious

Country flag
Where are details Other than first post?
Chinese propaganda just like fake moon
Walk and carrier killer missile a big jjoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Country flag
Funny us reports things Chinese have no info about. Us must need to increase military spending

J20!

Country flag
Funny us reports things Chinese have no info about. Us must need to increase military spending

I'll say it one last time.

The pentagon released a report on a Chinese hypersonic glide vehicle test that they tracked over Chinese territory earlier this month. All the information on the test vehicle itself was provided by the US.

The only "information" we got from the Chinese defense ministry was a three sentence long confirmation of the test.

Funny thing, all the information on that DF21D ASBM "joke", was also released through US govt sources.

How can it all be "Chinese propaganda" if China doesn't release any information on these programs in the first place?

PS. There's never been a Chinese moon walk dude, faked or otherwise. Take a chill pill and breathe.

Last edited:

t_co

China tests hypersonic missile vehicle
Pentagon confirms test of aircraft, dubbed the WU-14 and intended to hit targets at speeds of Mach 10
-Theguradian

China confirms new hypersonic glide vehicle test-flight
-RT

the key word is glide!

The technique will
1.increase the range of the missile ------- our medium-range ballistic missile can transfer to long range one at less than 10% of the cost.

2.unpredicted by enemy. ---------missile defence systems become wastes when facing this type of missile.
3.controllable during flying.--------- since it keep glide outside of atmosphere, it is controllable.
FYI, your efforts in trying to educate @LETHALFORCE are admirable, but you should be aware that, by definition, gliding cannot occur outside of the atmosphere (since it requires enough airflow over a flying surface to provide lift).

Otherwise, though, the Pentagon reports were accurate. The tracking data likely came from the PAVE PAWS facility at Leshan, Taiwan.

http://www.fas.org/man/eprint/leshan.pdf

Publicly, Taiwan has stated it will not share radar data with the US, but privately, there is probably some sort of quid pro quo going on; also, given the NSA's expertise at putting backdoors into exported US military equipment, Taiwanese consent may not really matter. Further evidence against the supposed neutrality of the facility is that there are several fiber-optic trunk lines leading from said facility directly to Kadena and Guam AFB, and onwards to PACOM in Honolulu.

One final note is that RAND gave Leshan less than 10 minutes of survivability in any actual China-Taiwan conflict. China is estimated to have aimed over 60 ballistic missiles at the facility.

Last edited by a moderator:

CCP

FYI, your efforts in trying to educate @LETHALFORCE are admirable, but you should be aware that, by definition, gliding cannot occur outside of the atmosphere (since it requires enough airflow over a flying surface to provide lift).
@t_co FYI, this just like jumping or bouncing on the thick atmosphere(compare to the out space). Do your homework!
ps, glide may be not the best word to describe it.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@badguy2000, I have not seen any details abt your claim, Nor you provided what asked abt which is very much related with your claim ..

Instead you have taken the easy way out by avoiding it by offtopic ..

==================

I will ask you for last time, Please provide details how Shaurya a hypersonic System is different from what China tested now in Hypersonic league, @LETHALFORCE Sir, Is correct in his views ..

Also dont say that its glide, Every airborne vehicle glide, Power or with sheer kinetic force..

*rolls eyes.

You really should do a few searches on what a hypersonic glide vehicle is before making silly sweeping statements like that. Hint: its not a missile; K15 is.

Japan? India???

The report was made by US agencies after the test was tracked by US surveillance assets. The only one spreading ridiculous propaganda is you buddy.
India has shaurya MACH 7 for almost five years.
during chinese recent test ,vehicle was controlable at a speed of 10 m. which was completely different from shaurya

the test on 9th,Jan is for a design along "Qian xuesen trajectory
".

the test on 19th,Jan is for a designt along Sanger trajectory

people guess that the two tests are in fact the two design''s bid for PLA's hypersonic missles projects.
This is not a traditional ballistic missile it is more if a cruise missile and ballistic missile hybrid.
you seem to be one of few indians who know something about the test on IDF.BTW, the space arm race costs so much that its final winner is always the one who has the deeper wallet.

CCP

@badguy2000
Also dont say that its glide, Every airborne vehicle glide, Power or with sheer kinetic force..
there is why I said glide may be not the best word to describe it.
Also hypersonic is not the key word here, long range missiles can attain 20 Mach at final stage. but it will enter in Blackout zone and lose connection with ground.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Perhaps so, But my questions was specific for badguy whose comment was based on hypersonic ' key word ' hence was the reply from our respected member ..

no smoking

Country flag
Ok, guys, obviously our indian friends have their own definition of "hypersonic guide vehicle", we should respect that since this is an indian forum.

Country flag
Simple question for chinese members. Does this hypersonic glider use a scramjet?

badguy2000

Respected Member
Perhaps so, But my questions was specific for badguy whose comment was based on hypersonic ' key word ' hence was the reply from our respected member ..
may you see the picture!
the Sanger trajectory is the second test on 19th,Jan.
the other one is the first one on 9th ,Jan

shiphone

Country flag
watching this for a week, the reading about the news( the test) seems go further away the right track... it seems some member didn't understand this at all and struggled with some wrong concept like: the 'top speed' ,'scramjet'....

but I also got to know some senior and decent indian member had read the news(or the test ) correctly...

Austin

Post subject: Re: China Military Watch - Jan 11, 2011
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2014 19:03

Interesting development , This appears to be Chinese version of HTV-2 Hypersonic Boost Glide Vehical traveling at near space ~ 100 km.

Though its an experimental vehical and would take some years to perfect
Bharat Rakshak "¢ View topic - China Military Watch - Jan 11, 2011

wiki could give a general introduction about the mentioned HTV-2 --Hypersonic Technology Vehicle 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...
I thought it might help to end those meaningless talking

=============================
something might be highlighted...

1....the mentioned speed- 10 Mach....this is an average speed. In the HTV-2 case,the vehicle might begin the trajectory at M20 and end at around M4 ...but another problem is ,unlike USA which could conduct such test over the Pacific Ocean, china don't have enouth longitudinal extent within her land. so the designed trajectory would be a compact one ,so the top speed won't be as high as HTV-2..

2.....the glider itselt is an unpowered one. the tech needed and developped are more concentrated on:

aerothermodynamics,
materials science,
hypersonic navigation, guidance and control systems

BTW, some so called hypersonic project related with scramjet tech should be more close to the 'tactical missile(weapon)' development ...and this one is in the 'strategic missile(weapon)' category...

3....US's only two HTV-2 tests both failed and the project ended due to the fund problem .but it doesn't mean they are not the leader, and they are moving on under some other project codes...we have a long way to go...

the normal trajectory(top) and glider one(middle)... the bellow one is the Cruise trajectory

Last edited:

CCP

2.....the glider itselt is an unpowered one. the tech needed and developped are more concentrated on:

aerothermodynamics,
materials science,
hypersonic navigation, guidance and control systems

The first powered flight of the X-51 was planned for 25 May 2010, but the presence of a cargo ship traveling through a portion of the Naval Air Station Point Mugu Sea Range caused a 24 hour postponement.[22] The X-51 completed its first powered flight successfully on 26 May 2010. It reached a speed of Mach 5, an altitude of 70,000 feet (21,000 m) and flew for over 200 seconds; it did not meet the planned 300 second flight duration, however.[23][24] The test had the longest hypersonic flight time of 140 seconds while under its scramjet power.

wiki-Boeing X-51

PS, why I could not post any link?

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
I thought you missed this point...

some so called hypersonic project related with scramjet tech should be more close to the 'tactical missile(weapon)' development ...and this one is in the 'strategic missile(weapon)' category...

shiphone

Country flag
if it with nuclear warhead then it will be strategic,otherwise tactical.
no...you forgot the concept---"战术核武器" --tactical nuclear weapon.

proposed target ,range and warhead performance should be the key difference

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles