China Claims 90% of Spratly Islands, Actually Controls 13%

s002wjh

Country flag
There are very few markets that USA and China clash over. China is at best a off shore manufacturing hub, currently. I do not say it will stay that way, but you got to be realistic.

Russia was a US competitor in the cold war days. China is no where close.
check the influence china over S.america, africa etc. china is a rising power. they are in for the long term. US still ahead of china both military, technology etc. but you only need to see china growth of the past 20yrs to know where its heading. back in 60-70's we think japanese stuff is cheap/subpar quaility, but look at them now.

china has its own internal issues, corruption, land grabing that could hurt their economy/government/stability etc, but so far they able to manage that, so guess we'll have to see.

USSR was never a trading partner with US. this is different with china, china is pretty much the biggest trading partner with pretty much everyone now. US corporation can't wait to sell their products to rasing chinese middle class, they are willing to move the factory, transfer technology etc etc at the expense of US. pretty much all US auto industry have factory in china, and transfer/sold technology to chinese industry in varies degree.

s002wjh

Country flag
He he he, Does US claims N Korea and Iran as there own territory? Ur pay check needs to be cut if your CCP handler is seeing this post
right the same BS arguement that i work for CCP. how naive are you or just sour grape

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
right the same BS arguement that i work for CCP. how naive are you or just sour grape
Oops I touched the nerve here, fact is fact China does not have balls to take over island territories located just 2km from it's main land. Chinese capabilities :rofl:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Oops I touched the nerve here, fact is fact China does not have balls to take over island territories located just 2km from it's main land. Chinese capabilities :rofl:

ice berg

I just love all those my balls are bigger than yours claims in this thread. It certainly brings the level of discussion to a higher level when it comes from a mod.

I am glad that the contest only exists among internet warriors. At least i never heard about how decision makers make strategic choices based on the size of their balls. :lol:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Ssssshhh... It's CCPs strategy, bore the Taiwanese population with a 100-year wait. This strategy is taken directly from Mao's "Long March.". The operative term is "long..." :rofl:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
why the heck obama would shift its strategy toward asia.
That is an interesting question.

analysts believe that the Russia – NATO relations, especially the European missile defense system; financial crisis on the rise of the impact of the European defense policy, as well as Asia, the U.S. strategic center of gravity toward Asia Pacific will become this year's meeting a hot topic.

U.S. President Barack Obama announced the strategic shift to the Asia-Pacific region in early January, the European countries also hope to further develop relations with this region.

Munich Security Conference Preview: U.S. strategic shift to the Asia-Pacific concern | Chinese Military

Global Defence

New threads

Articles