China Can Surely Repeat 1962 If India doesn't take any Action

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Guys, it is important that we don't blow whistles on such topic BUT at the same time keep a little paranoia. Why? Because in India with Indian environment, work ethics in government and generally calm and non-war mentality of the people, it is important to keep certain amount of alarm to keep our people aware of government and government aware of people's reactions to maintain each other in check.

Otherwise, we would sleep off like what happened post 1987 with drastic cuts in defence. Now I know why that happened, but at present stage we cannot deny that there is trouble and we have to be always on toes in order to meet the challenges. PLA in POK is not a joke and must be taken seriously.

Rama

great post most of us are not aware of the true strength of the indian arm forces and NOne of us are aware of the planning that the arm forces have undertaken CHINA IS AWARE THAT IS WHY THERE IS PEACE ON THE BORDER

Agantrope

There is not a clear boudary commonly agreeed by both CHina and India at all.

So,the "incursion" so called might just be a deliberate or undeliberate cross across th boundary-line unilaterally definited by Indians",which is never accepted by CHina.
When some infiltrate in the border, the jawans will shoot them which will trigger the alarm.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Even east pakistan(bangladesh) wasn't in indian control and india did cross international border to create a whole new country out of it against overwhelming international pressure when 4 of the P-5 states against it and Two where making threatening military maneuvers.Question is of leadership if it buckles under pressure then the country looks meek.That time indira gandhi didnt ask Manekshaw that "what can we do ?" about march massacre she directly asked "Can we do it now" and she knew the her generals and gave them ample time to prepare for December V-day.Now that was international boundary india crossed then but Azad kashmir is what india considers its own so why hesitate now.
wast east Pakistan was far away by west Pakistan and india is in middle so naturally we had advantage . i do not get logic in comparing two different situation so where ia must cross border askin-chin or pok?

SHASH2K2

replied in wrong thread. hence deleting it .

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

I wish all these Arm Chair Prime Ministers and Generals would think a bit beyond their narrow mindset! Its not easy in the Real World Politics and Power Games! You all can sit here in a forum and air your views, and it ends there! Try starting Diplomatic Relations with Taiwan, and see what happens! The Very Next Moment, China will pursue its Pakistan Policy even more aggressively! Right now theres a status quo! Taiwan has a Pro Mainland Govt, and they wont heed to indias overtures and we are not the USA for them to look upto us to suplly F35s!

There is a lot more than writing in forums that goes into politics! Its a game!!

When the News came out in the NYT, India did voice concern and Pakistan denied everything, as usual! What could India have done? Go to War? I suggest you all folks calling GOI impotent first join the Army and live the life out and then talk of aggressive posturing and tactics!

Obviously India shouldn't have gone into a war with Pakistan with this but as you mentioned earlier that geopolitics is a game what steps did we take to counter that move by China and Pakistan?

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Obviously India shouldn't have gone into a war with Pakistan with this but as you mentioned earlier that geopolitics is a game what steps did we take to counter that move by China and Pakistan?
India has always taken steps, and a part of the step proved out when Obama didnt Club India Visit with Pakistan and kept mum on Kashmir and what not! We are on a different league, a war of words wont help anyone, and a war will ruin us.

Now, India did air concern about Baltistan, but what more can india do now? India is not a Superpower you see to impose sanctions! We have limitations and right now, we are concentrating on our Economy. If we dont, then all this Armed Forces Modernisation and all wont happen! We wont have any money left if we keep having a Tense environment where Investors feel WAR will break out Anytime! India keeps quiet for that! Do you want to scare away the people coming in with the moolah?

SHASH2K2

India has always taken steps, and a part of the step proved out when Obama didnt Club India Visit with Pakistan and kept mum on Kashmir and what not! We are on a different league, a war of words wont help anyone, and a war will ruin us.

Now, India did air concern about Baltistan, but what more can india do now? India is not a Superpower you see to impose sanctions! We have limitations and right now, we are concentrating on our Economy. If we dont, then all this Armed Forces Modernisation and all wont happen! We wont have any money left if we keep having a Tense environment where Investors feel WAR will break out Anytime! India keeps quiet for that! Do you want to scare away the people coming in with the moolah?
Obama visit has nothing to do with Gilgit . Before Obama opened his mouth nobody knew about what he is about to say . so thats not something we can take credit for . We are not superpower but when compared to Pakistan We are much much powerful militarily and economically. we should be capable of taking steps to protect our strategic intrests instead of hoping for a verbal support from Obama .

I dont think we even raised the issue seriously. When we can create a hue and cry for Militancy in Kashmir why not CHinese intervention in Kashmir . why we are mum on Chinese projects in POK ?On the other hand china objects and blocks loans for Arunanchal pradesh . America will also come to help us only when we have capability to stand for ourself.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Obama visit has nothing to do with Gilgit . Before Obama opened his mouth nobody knew about what he is about to say . so thats not something we can take credit for . We are not superpower but when compared to Pakistan We are much much powerful militarily and economically. we should be capable of taking steps to protect our strategic intrests instead of hoping for a verbal support from Obama .

I dont think we even raised the issue seriously. When we can create a hue and cry for Militancy in Kashmir why not CHinese intervention in Kashmir . why we are mum on Chinese projects in POK ?On the other hand china objects and blocks loans for Arunanchal pradesh . America will also come to help us only when we have capability to stand for ourself.
I didnt quote the Obama Visit to show how the US Supports Us, but to Show How the USA Needs Us! A Whole huge difference there! If only you understood that! It doesnt matter if no one knew what Obama was gonna say, because in the end he said what Mattered, and We Indians did Matter!!!

India did raise objections, But I know what you are looking at. Aggressive troop manouvers, and movements. A Couple of Air Space Violations! Do you know the Repurcussions of such stuff? Have you ever thought what Aggressive Posturing can bring with regards to the Indo Pak situation?

Well let me explain in a short manner, as I am tired of doing so on a regular basis. News clouds will form that a War with pakistan or China can break out any moment and their will be a flight of capital, there will be chaos in the Investment sector, our Stocks will suffer and things will tighten up. Pakistan can afford this as they live off Aid, but Can India really put up with such an environment, where there is a Threat of a Nuclear War?

I dont think so! The Whole game changed the Day India Went Nuclear! Yes, being a Nuclear Power does Complicate stuff and Nuclear Powers have to be careful of what they say coz it will affect the Country as a whole.

Have you seen Pakistan talking of Nuking India Always? How many times have India replied about Nuking Pakistan? Therein lies the whole difference! If we responded with the Nuke Talk, there will be tension and the scenario changes! Pakistan doesnt care about Business or Economy! Do you suggest India turn a Pakistan? If So, I would have to object to that! You unwittingly became a Pakistani!

SHASH2K2

India did raise objections, But I know what you are looking at. Aggressive troop manouvers, and movements. A Couple of Air Space Violations! Do you know the Repurcussions of such stuff? Have you ever thought what Aggressive Posturing can bring with regards to the Indo Pak situation?
If you read my first post I clearly mentioned that Military steps are not solution for the issue . You are free to interpret my sentences in any manner you want .

I wish all these Arm Chair Prime Ministers and Generals would think a bit beyond their narrow mindset! Its not easy in the Real World Politics and Power Games!

When the News came out in the NYT, India did voice concern and Pakistan denied everything, as usual! What could India have done? Go to War? I suggest you all folks calling GOI impotent first join the Army and live the life out and then talk of aggressive posturing and tactics!
We all are Armchair military personals here . Though you are lieutenant general and I am a captain here . Question I am asking here is what steps we actually take to counter is politically? Did we even raised it properly to international forums at least to highlight the hegemonic intentions of China? All I am aware of is the statement from the Govt of India that we are yet to confirm the reports and we will look in to this.

Well let me explain in a short manner, as I am tired of doing so on a regular basis. News clouds will form that a War with pakistan or China can break out any moment and their will be a flight of capital, there will be chaos in the Investment sector, our Stocks will suffer and things will tighten up. Pakistan can afford this as they live off Aid, but Can India really put up with such an environment, where there is a Threat of a Nuclear War?

I dont think so! The Whole game changed the Day India Went Nuclear! Yes, being a Nuclear Power does Complicate stuff and Nuclear Powers have to be careful of what they say coz it will affect the Country as a whole.

Have you seen Pakistan talking of Nuking India Always? How many times have India replied about Nuking Pakistan? Therein lies the whole difference! If we responded with the Nuke Talk, there will be tension and the scenario changes! Pakistan doesnt care about Business or Economy! Do you suggest India turn a Pakistan? If So, I would have to object to that! You unwittingly became a Pakistani!
In my entire answer I never used the word Military or WAR . All that I said is this .
I think I was discussing about taking these issues to various international forums. If we take initiative then only USA can back us openly or covertly.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
SHASHK, If India takes this to the International Community, You will say "Spineless Govt Is Whining and No Action". If It doesnt Take it, you say, "Spineless Govt is not Talking". I saw the same attitude after 26/11 wherein folks said the same thing about dossiers!

The Whole World Talked of Chinese Human Rights Violations during the Olympics, but the Chinese didnt give a ducks f*ck to all that! They went on with business! Its time to Improve our Country economically, not fight a war of Worlds! The Real words not a Forum where you connive and gather support and Debate and put up points and counter points! There is only so much we can do Overtly, the rest is Covert, and we dont know what is happening behind closed doors.

The Chinese Premier is visiting India soon, lets see what happens then.

Since you are so immersed into this, Cant you give the GOI a few pointers as to how to deal with this? Put it here in the open forum! Maybe someone from GOI will read it! :)

Lastly, You are Talking of US Support Now! What kind of Covert Support? Delta Force in Tibet?

SHASH2K2

SHASHK, If India takes this to the International Community, You will say "Spineless Govt Is Whining and No Action". If It doesnt Take it, you say, "Spineless Govt is not Talking". I saw the same attitude after 26/11 wherein folks said the same thing about dossiers!

The Whole World Talked of Chinese Human Rights Violations during the Olympics, but the Chinese didnt give a ducks f*ck to all that! They went on with business! Its time to Improve our Country economically, not fight a war of Worlds! The Real words not a Forum where you connive and gather support and Debate and put up points and counter points! There is only so much we can do Overtly, the rest is Covert, and we dont know what is happening behind closed doors.

The Chinese Premier is visiting India soon, lets see what happens then.

Since you are so immersed into this, Cant you give the GOI a few pointers as to how to deal with this? Put it here in the open forum! Maybe someone from GOI will read it! :)

Lastly, You are Talking of US Support Now! What kind of Covert Support? Delta Force in Tibet?
Nice question. By the way it was you who was suggesting we The Armchair generals about Pro and cons of wars and Geopolitics .So I am sure you are more than qualified to give opinions on this subject.
Since you and I both are against war so thats ruled out. next was taking it to international forums and respond in tit for tat manner like China is doing in case of Arunanchal pradesh. Since in your opinion thats also ruled out(for Whinning issue ) All that we can do is say People that ALL Izz well and we will continue on our quest for economical development amid this corruption. Hopefully in 100 years from now we will be bigger economic power that china and then we will ask for what is rightfully ours. Till then we will all keep quite . Infact we should announce it to entire world that we will not be doing anything to protect our interests so come and get a piece of our A** . Hopefully we are on same page now as I completely agree with you.

At least read complete sentence . First half is a pointer of what kind of support I was talking about . There are various Economic and Non economic bodies where these overt or covert supports matter.

Oracle

Relax! Chill!
Go out........have a sign of relief!

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Nice question. By the way it was you who was suggesting we The Armchair generals about Pro and cons of wars and Geopolitics .So I am sure you are more than qualified to give opinions on this subject.
Since you and I both are against war so thats ruled out. next was taking it to international forums and respond in tit for tat manner like China is doing in case of Arunanchal pradesh. Since in your opinion thats also ruled out(for Whinning issue ) All that we can do is say People that ALL Izz well and we will continue on our quest for economical development amid this corruption. Hopefully in 100 years from now we will be bigger economic power that china and then we will ask for what is rightfully ours. Till then we will all keep quite . Infact we should announce it to entire world that we will not be doing anything to protect our interests so come and get a piece of our A** . Hopefully we are on same page now as I completely agree with you.

At least read complete sentence . First half is a pointer of what kind of support I was talking about . There are various Economic and Non economic bodies where these overt or covert supports matter.
Yeah, when you loose an argument and theres no backup, You be sarcastic :) Good Job!

I know you couldnt come up with a concrete answer on anything rather than complain! Typical :) God Speed

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
We still control the seas from Mallacca straits to the Straits of Hormuz......So we still hold their Jugular vein..and in case of war the KKH and the KKR will be the first fatality. Till we have control over their trade in IOR China is at a huge disadvantage.

p2prada

@Satish
I haven't read the thread yet, but in response to your post I have to say that we do not control their trade. We cannot single out and recognize Chinese tankers or ships wearing no colours. Stopping all ships would undermine our relations with ASEAN, Australia and Japan too not to mention US and Europe.

There is no 2 ways about it. Even if we do recognize and stop Chinese ships, we cannot stop ships from other countries entering or leaving China. They can simply stop plying their ships and go for a more expensive method to prevent a blockade.

The only way we can conduct a blockade is if there is nobody else powerful enough to stop us. Only US can get away with a blockade, both diplomatic as well as military.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
@Satish
I haven't read the thread yet, but in response to your post I have to say that we do not control their trade. We cannot single out and recognize Chinese tankers or ships wearing no colours. Stopping all ships would undermine our relations with ASEAN, Australia and Japan too not to mention US and Europe.

There is no 2 ways about it. Even if we do recognize and stop Chinese ships, we cannot stop ships from other countries entering or leaving China. They can simply stop plying their ships and go for a more expensive method to prevent a blockade.

The only way we can conduct a blockade is if there is nobody else powerful enough to stop us. Only US can get away with a blockade, both diplomatic as well as military.
Well P2P I agree with you. But this is one of the strategic implications that the Chinese war planners will have in their mind. That is what I meant.

proud_hindustani

Country flag
lol....do they really have the gut to invade us........India and China are big economic giants and they both will have great loses if the war takes place...it will affect the world as well.....

arya

Country flag
@Satish

do we have ability you know answer very well

i want to ask a simple question can our force defend our nation interest against china answer is no we are lacking so much lacking in every field

sorry but fact

ahmedsid

Top Gun
India Shows China the Finger! Dalai Lama conferred Doctorate and he says its a signal to china of India's support! This is a strong stand by India since Wens visit is next month

Wen's coming next month, and If the Stapled Visa for JK is not solved, then plans set for Issuing Stapled Visa for Tibetans! India is playing ball and hard ball at that!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles