China-Brazil satellite launch fails, likely fell back to Earth

Blackwater

so the chinese satellite likely to fall on 50000000000 yrs old civilization and higher than mountain friend pakistan.:p:p

after all all chinese junk ended up there:lol::lol::lol:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
The main revenue product is the pslv, The GSLV has not seen even 1 commercial launch yet, it has the potential to be one though.
The argument is the along the lines of the people who say stop spending money on rockets, because there are people who need to be fed/housed (country-resources-main product fails -diversification for a better tomorrow)
Adding more people to something like designing a rocket does not mean it gets done faster or better, also I dont understand how you can assume that no one was working on the gslv because of the mars launch. I think isro probably knows whats good for them.
if you think that the main product is pslv ?
even though clearly it is very limited in scope
then i see no point in trying to debate with such a person

also you are diverting the issue with other irrelevant ( to this particular debate ) issues such as poverty in the country
please dont not defelect from what we are debating here

the issue i am on is this :- that isro has failed to focus on gslv development and gone into side-shows
it is not only my opinion
it was probably better stated by an India born scientist with NASA , dr A Gosh as ref here below

http://www.timesnow.tv/Debate-Fireworks-after-launch---1/videoshow/4440836.cms
India-born scientist with NASA Amitabha Ghosh has also made some critical remarks about the Mars Mission. He has written in an article that ISRO's priority should have been development of GSLV (Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle) rather than this Mission.

that statement is found at the end pf the 2nd para
we are not throwing the baby away with the bath water ...isro is a great organization headed by a great chief
but at times we need to remind them , put pressure to get a better focus
ps: i will still rejoice if mangalayaan reaches mars but feel sad if we cant get gslv off the ground

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
then i dont think i can have a meaningful dfebate

the issue for me is this :-
that isro has failed to focus on gslv development and gone into side-shows

it was probably better stated by an India born scientist with NASA , dr A Gosh as ref here below

Debate: Fireworks after launch - 1-The Newshour-TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos
India-born scientist with NASA Amitabha Ghosh has also made some critical remarks about the Mars Mission. He has written in an article that ISRO's priority should have been development of GSLV (Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle) rather than this Mission.

we are not throwing the baby away with the bath water ...isro is a great organization headed by a great chief
but at times we need to remind them , becuase they may be under pressure to "show results"
so they feel compelled to do a mars side-show
ps: i will still rejoice if mangalayaan reaches mars but feel sad if we cant get gslv off the ground
i hope we can get gslv going in jan 2014
..... best regards, Roma

Free Karma

then i see no point in trying to debate with such a person
Did you read the first line completely? :(

also you are diverting the issue with other irrelevant ( to this particular debate ) issues such as poverty in the country
please dont not defelect from what we are debating here
I was comparing the line of thinking..which is, i.e doing one has made the other impossible/less effective.
the issue i am on is this :- that isro has failed to focus on gslv development and gone into side-shows

Debate: Fireworks after launch - 1-The Newshour-TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

but at times we need to remind them , put pressure to get a better focus

The current isro chief was asked about this and he said:
The GSLV-D5 is on top of our agenda. The Mars Orbiter Mission is not at the cost of our GSLV programme. The GSLV programme is going ahead full steam.
Mars Orbiter tests have shown our ability to predict: ISRO chairman - The Hindu

It really comes down to who you want to believe knows more about the workings of isro, A guy who works for nasa on the curiosity rover, or the chief of isro.

could add a lot more, but this is going way off topic.(also it's 1:20 and I'm quite sleepy :p)

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
Now that is pure trolling on your part. Every country fails from time to time.

No need for this kind flamebaits.
Oh, come on, please give our indian friends a break.
You know, people always like to see the failure of his competitor especially when he is lossing the game.
They need something to cheer up in this cold winter.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Did Chinis even report a failure? Why do we have to learn this from Brasil?

Country flag
China cannot compete. With the big boys in space the more they try to copy capability
The truth comes out how far behind they really are. Atleast 50 years behind. USA and
Russia launching these payloads decades ago.

jon88

Country flag
Actually there is nothing to celebrate on this Chinese failure. China still have the best launch record among all countries.

We still have the worst launch record among all.

Free Karma

Actually there is nothing to celebrate on this Chinese failure. China still have the best launch record among all countries.

We still have the worst launch record among all.
You have any numbers to support that? :lol:

jon88

Country flag
If you are making a claim, then it is your responsibility to provide sources.
Please read my statement... where in it that I am making a claim? Please prove the basis and the reason that I am making a claim. Are you qualified to make that judgement? If yes, please provide proof that you are.

Then, can you provide to me, as to which rules and regulations that I am held responsible to provide sources? Since when is it that this is a court of law where you are required to bear the burden of evidence to a non respondent who is merely too lazy to look it up...

And you feel a statement from another guy with an emoticon laughing and belittling my initial statement as meaningful?

kseeker

Retired
Please read my statement... where in it that I am making a claim? Please prove the basis and the reason that I am making a claim. Are you qualified to make that judgement? If yes, please provide proof that you are.

Then, can you provide to me, as to which rules and regulations that I am held responsible to provide sources? Since when is it that this is a court of law where you are required to bear the burden of evidence to a non respondent who is merely too lazy to look it up...

And you feel a statement from another guy with an emoticon laughing and belittling my initial statement as meaningful?

What are you trying to prove here without any evidence ? :confused:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles