China becoming 'more aggressive': Philippines

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China becoming 'more aggressive': Philippines

PHNOM PENH: China is growing "more aggressive" in dealing with rival territorial claims, the Philippines said Wednesday, after a fresh spat erupted between Tokyo and Beijing over a remote chain of islands.

"It looks like they are becoming more aggressive every day," said Philippine Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario, whose own country is locked in a months-long dispute with China over a shoal in the South China Sea.

Beijing on Wednesday asserted its "indisputable sovereignty" over the uninhabited territory in the East China Sea after three Chinese patrol boats approached the islands, prompting Japan to summon the Chinese ambassador.

The dispute, which centres around islands in the East China Sea known as Senkaku in Japanese and Diaoyu in Chinese, is the latest territorial row involving China and its neighbours.

It comes as China and Southeast Asian countries struggle to make progress on a code of conduct to ease tension in the resource-rich South China Sea.

Tensions have flared recently in the area with both Vietnam and the Philippines accusing Beijing of aggression. China claims essentially all of the South China Sea, home to vital shipping lanes and believed to be rich in oil and gas deposits. Taiwan and ASEAN members the Philippines, Vietnam, Brunei and Malaysia also have claims in the waters.

Foreign ministers from across the region are currently meeting in the Cambodian capital Phnom Penh for a week-long security forum which has been dominated by efforts to ease friction over the competing claims.

A joint statement by the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has been held up as countries wrangle over whether to include a reference to recent incidents in the South China Sea.

Del Rosario told reporters in Phnom Penh it had been a "difficult" day, adding that he was still pushing for a mention of the tense situation in the Scarborough Shoal, a group of rocky outcrops also claimed by China.

China becoming 'more aggressive': Philippines - The Times of India
China seems to be claiming the whole of SCS.

The next step is that they will claim the whole of Japan and SE Asia!

satish007

I believe India are planning to claim somthing now. catch up , India bhai, Chindia rule the world in 2050.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I believe India are planning to claim somthing now. catch up , India bhai, Chindia rule the world in 2050.
India is the land of Buddha and Mahatma Gandhi.

Hindusim and Buddhism has spread far and wide to include China.

If we went by history, then we too can claim Asia, but we don't!

Peace and Harmony is our mantra!

satish007

Hindusim and Buddhism has spread far and wide to include China.
May Hindusim and Buddhism will take over Christ in 2050 then. anyway, China India should bhai bhai.
Philippines are not Hindusim nor Buddhism . :namaste:, they lie, kidnap and kill. let's correct them.

amoy

Filipina - by Commie's textbook a semi-feudal state. Brace yourself up domestically in confrontation against China. Otherwise even Cambodia would be more progressive than u!

Philippines: Court gives land held by Aquino's family to farmers | Asia News – Politics, Media, Education | Asian Correspondent

The Philippines Supreme Court has issued a unanimous decision, expected to reverberate across the feudal Philippine countryside, which effectively hands over ownership of the bulk of the Hacienda Luisita to its farmers and farm workers.

The total land area of Hacienda Luisita, 6,435 hectares, is bigger than the combined land area of the Metro Manila cities of Makati and Pasig.

The decision sends shockwaves through the ranks of big landlords in the Philippines, starting with the family of President Aquino. Landlords dominate national and local government, allowing them to negate or water down the implementation of a succession of failed land reform programs.

Zero_Wing

Filipina - by Commie's textbook a semi-feudal state. Brace yourself up domestically in confrontation against China. Otherwise even Cambodia would be more progressive than u!

Philippines: Court gives land held by Aquino's family to farmers | Asia News – Politics, Media, Education | Asian Correspondent
hahahahahaha! so your economic analysis too now ! wow fantasy much? dude if that is what the propaganda in china am sorry to break your hopes but we are on a roll i have links but i think they are banned in your kingdom of zombies

NSCB -1st Quarter 2012 National Accounts - Press Release - PHILIPPINE ECONOMY POSTS 6.4 PERCENT GDP GROWTH
Economy of the Philippines | Annual ADB Summit Manila 2012
UN arm sees Phl economy growing by 4.8% this year - The Philippine Star » News » Business

i hope you can ready them or is it banned hahahahaha so stupid you people are. sure we still need to work more so your threats are nothing your country is nothing by the way how's your economy now? high everything from bills to housing and the foreign companies that made you arrogant idiots rich are now leaving so again ano ang pinagmamalaki niyo? (So what are trying to prove?) puro kagaguahan lang (just stupidity)

fzaq

Balut-making is not native to the Philippines. A similar preparation is known in China as maodan, and Chinese traders and migrants are said to have brought the idea of eating fertilized duck eggs to the Philippines. However, the knowledge and craft of balut-making has been localized by the balut-makers (mangbabalut). Today, balut production has not been mechanized in favor of the traditional production by hand. Although balut are produced throughout the Philippines, balut-makers in Pateros are renowned for their careful selection and incubation of the eggs.

amoy

hahahahahaha! so your economic analysis too now ! wow fantasy much? dude if that is what the propaganda in china am sorry to break your hopes but we are on a roll i have links but i think they are banned in your kingdom of zombies
Guten Appetite - What is going on in Philippines

A supreme bishop of the Philippine Independent Church, Alberto Ramento, and a councilor of Tarlac City, Abel Ladera, both supporters of the Hacienda Luisita farmers, were killed in separate incidents of extrajudicial killings. Also shot to death in the aftermath of the 2004 strike were union leaders Ric Ramos and Tirso Cruz, and peasant leader Marcelino Beltran.

Similar acts of violence by state security forces and private armed groups of landlords usually confront the periodic peasant revolts and strikes in the Philippines.

The court ruling also implies that the judiciary would have nothing to do with any continued attempt to deny Hacienda Luisita farmers and farmworkers their due. As things go in semi-feudal Philippines, there would always be forces in and out of government who would work to maintain the land monopoly setups in huge swaths of the countryside, to the extent of trying to tell the public that land dispossession among farmers and land ownership concentration is good. Of course, that's a total lie.

If genuine land reform is implemented, landlords would begin to lose economic and ultimately political power — and this would be good to the cause of democratization.

Zero_Wing

Hahahaha!

So what's your point sir maybe in the old days i would believe you but your using a issue that is old as time its a fact that it happens but now its getting less and less each day because people in this country are politically mature now and bettering understanding of the body politic so again so what? unlike in your zombie land we have a free media so even dirt can be seen.

and using this issue typical Chinese tactic? solve your own problems before you lecture me about democracy.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Hahahaha!

So what's your point sir maybe in the old days i would believe you but your using a issue that is old as time its a fact that it happens but now its getting less and less each day because people in this country are politically mature now and bettering understanding of the body politic so again so what? unlike in your zombie land we have a free media so even dirt can be seen.
Exactly. Democracy FTW:thumb:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And China is an unhappy hour country?

Whatever for?

Not understood the context.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If you don't understand, you don't necessarily need to reply.
It is necessary to know the rationale of that post of your.

It appears a wee bit of a Flamebait.

So, I asked you before I deleted that post.

Don't want to be arbitrary and so.

Impluseblade

Just go ahead and delete it. When you have time not sitting in front a screen, ask filipinos what I am talking about.

It is necessary to know the rationale of that post of your.

It appears a wee bit of a Flamebait.

So, I asked you before I deleted that post.

Don't want to be arbitrary and so.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Just go ahead and delete it. When you have time not sitting in front a screen, ask filipinos what I am talking about.
I don't require your permission to delete a Flamebait.

I was just being polite.

Next time, I won't.

It is not my job to shoulder cryptic interpretations that aim to explode the thread and add unnecessarily to redundant work.

It is my task to ensure that there is, as far as possible, an instructive discussion.

If you notice there has been many posts deleted.

Not because of concern about China's or Philippines' squabbles resolution, but because we don't want the thread to burn with the irrelevant and inane baits!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles