China 1983 in pictures

amoy

Y1983

Wuhan \ Nanchang \ Hangzhou \ Suzhou \ Nanjing \ Jinan \ Taiyuan \ Datong \ Beijing \ Dalian \ Tianjin \ Fushun \ Anshan \ Hohhot \ Harbin \ Xining \ Turpan \ Urumqi \ Kaifeng \ Lijiang \ Guangzhou \ Kunming \ Chengdu \ Xi'an \ Shanghai \ Shaolin Temple \ Changchun \ Qingdao \ Badaling Ridge \ Hong Kong

phewwww our motherland is so vast.

trackwhack

a lot of those are occupied territory, not your motherland. however, your country in 1983 still looks a decade ahead of present day India

Yijiuliuer

Tihar Jail
Banned
a lot of those are occupied territory, not your motherland. however, your country in 1983 still looks a decade ahead of present day India
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: if these were "Occupied Territory", the whole subcontinent is as well. well, the whole subcontinent has been occupied for the
past 800 years, not by you hindi though.

Nah, present day India is not a decade behind, just dirtier.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Can we have some pictures of Shanghai ?

Blackwater

in 1983 india was same or i would say better than china

SLASH

after seeing this iam confident about bombay
No dude. The manner in which China undertook massive projects in Shanghai cannot be undertaken in our soft democracy. PIL in courts and clearance from different agencies take 10-15 years out of every major project.

I love Shanghai. Been there thrice. But even though they these massive bridges and roads, the peak hour traffic is worse than Mumbai.

amoy

My Hometown

the 1st pic was the biggest department store

the 3rd pic is the 1st McDonald opening ceremony :p

Oblaks

Y1983

Wuhan \ Nanchang \ Hangzhou \ Suzhou \ Nanjing \ Jinan \ Taiyuan \ Datong \ Beijing \ Dalian \ Tianjin \ Fushun \ Anshan \ Hohhot \ Harbin \ Xining \ Turpan \ Urumqi \ Kaifeng \ Lijiang \ Guangzhou \ Kunming \ Chengdu \ Xi'an \ Shanghai \ Shaolin Temple \ Changchun \ Qingdao \ Badaling Ridge \ Hong Kong

which one is Quingdao? Just curious coz I like TsingTao beer!!

Last edited:

Yijiuliuer

Tihar Jail
Banned
Y1983

Here you go:
1983年的青岛 多数人都没有机会见到的青岛 - 梦幻水晶的博客 - 东海博客

amoy

Y1983

Qingdao is the 3rd from the bottom, in the 1st post (above the Great Wall Badaling Ridge).

Ya I love it too. There is a naval museum . It was once an German colony therefore European architecture visible.

The naval museum
[/url] [/IMG]

[/url] [/IMG]

[/url] [/IMG]

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
China was still cleaner even then compared to cities in northern and southern India, though Mumbai was much cleaner in the 80s compared to the insanity it has today.

One thing I have been observing is the Soviet style of buildings constructed in China. The architecture has tremendous "block" like construction sign; a typical Soviet style.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Nice pics...... China is a very good place for NATURE LOVERS......

PLEASE POST SOME PICS OF MOUNTAINOUS PLACES IN CHINA.........

amoy

One thing I have been observing is the Soviet style of buildings constructed in China. The architecture has tremendous "block" like construction sign; a typical Soviet style.
Yes that dull "Soviet style" was prevailing then. Housing till early 1990's possibly was still distributed "free" to staff in cities, by state-owned enterprises or governments. Those blocks could have been the most economical to have the buildings mushroom quickly to meet the demand.

But later housing got commercialized i.e. no more "free" distribution.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles