Chief of moderate Hurriyat to visit China after Eid

Quickgun Murugan

In Chinese forum, the title is:

"Now China is inviting 'Dalai Lama' of Kashmir", seems most Chinese comments on the forum just thought it's a "tit for tat" with India's holoding Dalai for 50 yrs.

And the list would be extended to leaders from Maoist, ULFA or whatever...
I wish they keep him in china only as an honored guest like how Dalai is in India.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
In Chinese forum, the title is:

"Now China is inviting 'Dalai Lama' of Kashmir", seems most Chinese comments on the forum just thought it's a "tit for tat" with India's holoding Dalai for 50 yrs.

And the list would be extended to leaders from Maoist, ULFA or whatever...
I thought chinese are smart but then they show stupidity with such silly comparisons. Mirwaiz Farooq is nobody in India forget about world stage while Dalai Lama is a well known revered world figure whom every leader of the world (except China and there side kicks) would want to meet.

Quickgun Murugan

China not taking sides on Kashmir
China not taking sides on Kashmir - People's Daily Online

Chinese experts say China isn't interfering in the dispute over Kashmir between India and Pakistan, despite a separatist leader of the India-controlled part of the region applying for a visa to visit China.

And the experts stress that China criticism of India for extending an invitation to the Dalai Lama has nothing to do with the border dispute.

"I believe China is not a party to the Kashmir conflict, but it has a stake as far as peace in the region is concerned," Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, chairman of the moderate faction of the Kashmiri separatist Hurriyat Conference, said in astatement late Friday, according to AFP.

"China has a direct link with Kashmir, as certain parts of Kashmir, including Aksai Chin, are under its control," he said, adding that he will visit China this Saturday on an invitation from a China-based non-governmental organization.

Farooq, who is chief priest at Kashmir's main mosque, also welcomed a joint statement earlier in the week by Chinese President Hu Jintao and US President Barak Obama, who voiced support for better India-Pakistan relations.

Farooq's secretary, Shahidul Islam, was quoted by Rediff News as saying that the leader would be applying for the visa after the Eid festival, and that "he will be highlighting the Kashmir issue during his visit to China, which is now an important player in the region."

The statement on China's role in the Kashmir dispute was the first by separatist leaders since a revolt against New Delhi broke out in 1989, and Farooq will be the first among them to visit China if his visa application is approved.

A day after his remarks, Muzaffar Hussain Beigh, a senior leader of the People's Democratic Party, the main opposition, said China should not be introduced as another stakeholder in Kashmir, but it should be asked to return the territory under its control.

"We should not over-estimate China's role in Kashmir. It has no stake in Kashmir,"
Beigh told Rising Kashmir, a local newspaper.

Kashmir, a Himalayan region, is divided between India and Pakistan but claimed in full by both. Since their Independence from Britain in August 1947, the two countries have fought three wars, two exclusively over Kashmir.

According to the Hindustan Times, China occupies about 38,000 square kilometers of territory in Aksai Chin, in the northeastern corner of Jammu and Kashmir.

Beigh said China has been playing the Kashmir card over the past few months to pressure India over the Arunachal Pradesh issue.
Beijing claims that the 90,000-square-kilometer so-called Indian state belongs to China.

Wang Dehua, a scholar on South Asia studies at the Shanghai Institute for International Studies, disputed the accusation as "groundless" and a result of misunderstanding.

"China has been advocating a resolution through peaceful dialogue between India and Pakistan," Wang said. "Remarks by Farooq were his hope that China could have a bigger role in South Asia.

"It is wrong for India to relate some of China's statements, including the mentioning of South Asia in the China-US joint statement and China's assistance on power plant constructions in Pakistan, to Beijing's so-called interference with the Kashmir issue."

Sun Shihai, an expert on the Asia Pacific region at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, told the Global Times that the role played by China in Kashmir, if any, is only in helping maintain peace and promoting reconciliation, citing the Kargil conflict between India and Pakistan in 1999 in noting that mediation efforts made by China and neighboring countries have helped prevent a large-scale war.

"India mistakenly adopts a kind of Cold War mentality, which is 'an enemy's friend is also an enemy,'" Sun said.

Farooq's expected visit to China comes after a visit this month by the Dalai Lama to the Arunachal Pradesh, drawing speculation that the move is a counter-measure by China.

Wang ruled out such speculation, saying the visits are unrelated.
"Though some people in India attempt to pressure China by inviting the Dalai, we are not that petty-minded to revenge," Wang said.

Zhao Gancheng, director of the Center for South Asia at the Shanghai Institute for International Studies, told the Global Times Sunday that India remains highly vigilant against China, which, he said, is unnecessary.

"India should appreciate the fact that China has never sought a hand in its internal affairs," Zhao said. "It should also stay clear of China's domestic affairs, especially the Dalai Lama issue, restricting his activities in India."
The visit also comes amid rising tensions over a Chinese embassy policy of issuing different visas to Indian Kashmir residents and the so-called Arunachal Pradesh, a move resented by the Indian government.

An Indian foreign ministry spokeswoman said Friday that the government had no objection to Farooq visiting China, adding that stapled visas on passports were not acceptable to the government, the Times of India reported.

Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Ma Zhaoxu said November 3 that China's visa policy has been consistent for Kashmir residents, noting there hadn't been any change.

R

rockdog

I thought chinese are smart but then they show stupidity with such silly comparisons. Mirwaiz Farooq is nobody in India forget about world stage while Dalai Lama is a well known revered world figure whom every leader of the world (except China and there side kicks) would want to meet.
Wel, i agree with you. Before this news, i didn't know this guy.

For last 40 yrs, the traditional way of containing India is supporting other nations (Pak, Benga, Nepal, SL), but not India's internals.

So now China maybe started to play a new game (internal entity), i'd like to see this is a learning process in a new league.

It's not important whether this guy a famous or not, but it's a strong signal that, China is more and more selfish and double standard now: just acting like USA.

Even this try would be failed, China still have lots of candidates in the list, isn't it.

BTW, same as your media, Chinese media also taught our people, that China is the victim by India's anti-China doings for last 40 yrs, like holding AP, holding Dalai, making troubles on Tibet, threat our good friend Pak...

So things look getting more and more complicated between two sides.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
^^These guys have no support among the Kashmiri people. People have actively participated in election despite their organization Hurriyat Party boycotting the elections. Tells a lot of (un)popularity of such wasteful and useless organizations. That's one of the reason India didn't object to his China visit. All I can say is China is digging its own grave by inviting him. Very interesting times ahead.

R

rockdog

^^These guys have no support among the Kashmiri people. People have actively participated in election despite their organization Hurriyat Party boycotting the elections. Tells a lot of (un)popularity of such wasteful and useless organizations. That's one of the reason India didn't object to his China visit. All I can say is China is digging its own grave by inviting him. Very interesting times ahead.
Wel, In my impression, almost no Chinese military fan think we are one part of J&K nations.

It might be a trial, China might start to play the smallest card now to warm India do not play more fire on Dalai Lama issue. Otherwise, some more bigger cards are on the way.

If not, once we are skillful and mastering on it, i personally think the Maoist and Assam would be next.

johnee

Wel, In my impression, almost no Chinese military fan think we are one part of J&K nations.

It might be a trial, China might start to play the smallest card now to warm India do not play more fire on Dalai Lama issue. Otherwise, some more bigger cards are on the way.

If not, once we are skillful and mastering on it, i personally think the Maoist and Assam would be next.
China has always been playing the game of destabilizing India. Just that it has outsourced some this job to Pakis, but now the gloves are off. Maybe, that is something to do with Pakistan's spiralling security and very bleak future. It is good, the proxy is out and the real villian has shown the face. Good for India.

ppgj

It might be a trial, China might start to play the smallest card now to warm India do not play more fire on Dalai Lama issue.
what you think is small card is going to boomerang big on you because-

1. mirwaiz and his HURRIYAT gang will ask for aksai chin which is part of j&k.
2. they have natural sympathy for their uighur brothers and hence will raise voice at the right time.
3. you may have to let go the territory gifted to you by pakistan because it belongs to j&k.
4. pakistan also may not come to your rescue because they are the principal supporters of the HURRIYAT.

Otherwise, some more bigger cards are on the way.
explain. if you mean to keep all HURRIAT guys plus northeast guys, then feel free to keep them. it will hit you the most.

what is new? it has already happened.

x11

Well, China of course is not as strong as America, but if India can invite "the uighur separatist leader" Why China can't invite Maoist and Muslim leaders?
Do you lack basic reasoning capabilities ?

It was China who invited the APHC leader...
So far India has not invited anybody from China.

If you still cannot understand....its time you join a kinder garden in India.

R

rockdog

1. mirwaiz and his HURRIYAT gang will ask for aksai chin which is part of j&k.
I think if he has basic IQ, he will deal with J&K with India first, just like Dalai never dare to make any trouble on AP to India, even traditionally, AP is a "Great Tibet Area" by historical definition.

2. they have natural sympathy for their uighur brothers and hence will raise voice at the right time.
If you have basic knowledge, you will know that, they are not the brothers, Uighur has much more similarity with Turky, some of them called Xinjiang as "East Turkistan".

If you mean religion, i think they care Muslims inside India much more than Uighur. In fact, Uighur is not quite respected in Muslim world. When i was in Xinjiang, I got drunk everyday with my Uighur friends...

3. you may have to let go the territory gifted to you by pakistan because it belongs to j&k.

4. pakistan also may not come to your rescue because they are the principal supporters of the HURRIYAT.
I think China has no big interest on territory on J&K, if only piece land lik 1k km2 or something.

Holding Aksai Chin is enough for us to retain highway access from Xinjiang to Tibet, let alone this century we have railway now.

The bigger aim is trying to a new approach to contain India, strategically.

explain. if you mean to keep all HURRIAT guys plus northeast guys, then feel free to keep them. it will hit you the most.
Nop, that's not China wants. China wants support them remotely, not bring them home. I personally think all the Muslim have risk to become Extreme, so if they are in J&K and troubling India, it will be a bad idea to bring them home.

what is new? it has already happened.
As i explained, so far, China mostly just support Nations in subcontinent against India.

But since recently, India "over-utilized" Dailai, I strongly support China play the same game: support internal trouble makers directly. like this guy, and Maoist, ULFA, and other un-famous groups.

Anyway, it's India started first...

ppgj

I think if he has basic IQ, he will deal with J&K with India first,
ofc. they also talk about kashmir pre 1947. syed shah geelani belongs to the hardline faction of the HURRIYAT. check him out here-

Involve China in talks: Mirwaiz- Hindustan Times

just like Dalai never dare to make any trouble on AP to India, even traditionally, AP is a "Great Tibet Area" by historical definition.
HH dalai lama is a venerated, peaceful man.
HURRIYAT is not like him.

If you have basic knowledge, you will know that, they are not the brothers, Uighur has much more similarity with Turky, some of them called Xinjiang as "East Turkistan".
so, why does alqaeda threaten you. if turkey raises its voice, OIC will also support.

If you mean religion, i think they care Muslims inside India much more than Uighur.
wrong. indian muslims support india. only handful of the HURRIYAT guys oppose. they are disconnected with the rest of indian muslims.

In fact, Uighur is not quite respected in Muslim world. When i was in Xinjiang, I got drunk everyday with my Uighur friends...
you are saying it. let the muslim world say it.

I think China has no big interest on territory on J&K, if only piece land lik 1k km2 or something.
that is why you accepted the gift of pakistan.

Holding Aksai Chin is enough for us to retain highway access from Xinjiang to Tibet, let alone this century we have railway now.
that is what you will have to answer the HURRIYAT in coming time.

The bigger aim is trying to a new approach to contain India, strategically.
that is what you aimed with pakistan. look at them how they have messed themselves up. when you accept HURRIYAT guys, they will do it xinjiang. so take them happily.

Nop, that's not China wants. China wants support them remotely, not bring them home. I personally think all the Muslim have risk to become Extreme, so if they are in J&K and troubling India, it will be a bad idea to bring them home.
pakistan also did the same. see, how it is biting them back. you will be next.

As i explained, so far, China mostly just support Nations in subcontinent against India.
well known. they will be answered in good time.

But since recently, India "over-utilized" Dailai, I strongly support China play the same game: support internal trouble makers directly. like this guy, and Maoist, ULFA, and other un-famous groups.
feel free to take all indian extremists. we will be happy.

Anyway, it's India started first...
wrong. you drove HH dalai lama out and occupied tibet.

VayuSena1

Professional
In my opinion, separatist threats like these shouldn't be allowed to leave the country especially to neighboring lands that don't exactly fit in the list of friendly nations. And if at all the government has to give a one and all out solution to Kashmir, it has to permit the armed forces to conduct full scale combing operations rather than jumping down the pyjamas of sold out agencies like Human Rights Watch which is perhaps the biggest hypocrite seen by us in the armed forces.

While the agency claims to fight for the basic human rights, I fail to see why it sympathizes with terrorists and condemns the military operations. A report was published regarding this and I personally know a lot of officers who would agree with me and gave very stern ratings on the agency. We express this two-timing attitude of the HRC these days, but to no avail.

Human Rights Commission is today accessible to the country with the highest bidding price. Simple as that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles