Chief Justice defends collegium system, campaign defaming judiciary

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Does the CJI have doubts that - the collegium has failed, then its products (the judges) too are failures and the judiciary as a whole has failed the country?

If indeed the justice system is the Second Coming of Christ and all are wonderfully honest, he should not generalise but prove it so.

If indeed the condemnations made by Katju and others, then prove that it is bogus and hold Katju and others for defamation.

The fact that no action is being taken, is a clear indication that its an Old Boys Club. And the CJI is the more concerned in maintaining this Old Boys Club sanctity and deeply perturbed that tales are being told out of school.

Isn't he the one who observed in the VK Singh's case that one should go with the wind?

Is that a correct advise to the Nation?

If that is the mindset, then why this outburst?

It is not one or two Judges who are corrupt, the skeletons are tumbling out of the cupboard that only the blind can't see.

I think even Shanti Bhushan commented that there were 8 CJIs who were corrupt.

If the CJIs are corrupt, then Quis custodiet ipsos custodes (who will watch the watch guards?)

The better option is get the judiciary transparent and cleanse up the rot.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    indiatester and pmaitra like this.
  3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Re: Chief Justice defends collegium system, campaign defaming judiciar

Tapping of 3 mobiles revealed corruption of HC judge, Justice Katju says

Most CJIs are reluctant to expose corruption in the judiciary thinking this will defame the judiciary, and so they prefer to bury corruption under the carpet, not realizing that the bulge under the carpet will show.

Some think exposing corruption defames the judiciary. My reply is: Does corruption by judges defame the judiciary, or does exposing such corruption defame it ?..........

Later, some of the five judges whose names I gave were transferred to another HC.

But is transfer a solution? Such corrupt judges should be sacked, but this is not done to 'avoid defaming the judiciary'. I again ask: Does corruption by judges defame the judiciary, or does exposing such corruption defame it?

I have given only two instances of corruption in this post, but I can give several more.

Tapping of 3 mobiles revealed corruption of HC judge, Justice Katju says - The Times of India

indiatester likes this.