Character assassination of Russia by western media

pmaitra

Thread closed for cleaning up the grime and filth!

pmaitra

I have cleaned up this thread, and am reopening it.

Any type of ad hominem attack, one liners, gratuitous expletives, will be dealt with without prejudice and regardless of one's status.

pmaitra

Re: Massive Russian Military Movement

New York Times' "Facebook style journalism," which was further propagated by BBC and CNN, BUSTED. (1/2)

Source: Hvem er den mystiske mannen med skjegget? - nyheter - Dagbladet.no

Norwegian source, so I could not translate it. Sorry.

[HR][/HR]

"PICTURE PROOF": The New York Times presents images Ukrainian authorities believe proves that the "green men" is the Russian elite soldiers. But the original pictures show otherwise. Facsimile: Nytimes.com

COMFY: Man with beard pointed out as particularly interesting, because he allegedly was also depicted as Russian elite soldier in Georgia in 2008 ... photo: AP / MaximDondyuk / NTB Scanpix

NOT THE SAME: Dagbladet has found the original image from Georgia. The similarity between the two men with beards are not particularly high when the images presented high resolution.

IS MUCH WITH: Man with beard in eastern Ukraine is, however, a lot. It campaigned against the police station in Kramatorsk April 12. Photo: AP / MaximDondyuk / NTB Scanpix

pmaitra

New York Times' "Facebook style journalism," which was further propagated by BBC and CNN, BUSTED. (2/2)

Source: Hvem er den mystiske mannen med skjegget? - nyheter - Dagbladet.no

Norwegian source, so I could not translate it. Sorry.

[HR][/HR]

"PROOF": The inset picture is supposedly used as evidence that the group is pictured in Russia before coming to ukraine. But the big picture was taken outside the police station in Slavjansk April 12, showing the same cobblestones, plate, trees and background. Photo: AP / MaximDondyuk / NTB Scanpix

"PROOF": The inset picture is supposedly used as evidence that the group is pictured in Russia before coming to ukraine. But the big picture was taken outside the police station in Slavjansk April 12, showing the same cobblestones, plate, trees and background. Photo: AP / MaximDondyuk / NTB Scanpix

ALL OVER: Here is preparing group defense of Slavjansk the Ukrainian security forces. It's the same people that runs on most "situations" in the area. Photo: AFP / Anatoliy Stepanov / NTB Scanpix

Well equipped: The group is armed with advanced Russian equipment, as they may not have gotten or stolen from Ukrainian store. Photo: REUTERS / Gleb Garanich / NTB Scanpix

pmaitra

More fiction coming out of US State Department's mouthpiece New York Times, in a desperate attempt to equate Russia with Far Right Groups, when US and EU's own complicity with Far Right Groups has become common knowledge. Someone show the author Andrew Higgins, the picture of Victoria Nuland distributing cakes to the Ukro-Nazis.

Europe's Far Right Looks to Russia as a Guiding Force

Does the title reflect what has been written?
Pro-Russian sentiment remains largely confined to the fringes of European politics, though Mr. Putin also has more mainstream admirers and allies on both the right and the left, including Silvio Berlusconi, the former Italian prime minister, and Gerhard Schröder, the former German chancellor.
And how did the Political Capital Institute come into existence, referred to in the paragraph just before the above?
"Russian influence in the affairs of the far right is a phenomenon seen all over Europe," said a study by Political Capital Institute, a Hungarian research group. It predicted that far-right parties, "spearheaded by the French National Front," could form a pro-Russian bloc in the European Parliament or, at the very least, amplify previously marginal pro-Russian voices.

pmaitra

Now the Kremlin hurls abuse at Charles: As diplomats clash angrily in London, Putin's aides say Prince unfit to be king

'Try to be tactful with your small talk - we don't want to cause a Third World War'

• Prince Charles likened President Putin to Adolf Hitler during Canada tour
  • Kremlin condemned words as 'unacceptable, outrageous and dishonourable'
  • British diplomats make no reference to prince's remarks during talks with Moscow's London deputy ambassador - and instead focus on Ukraine unrest
  • Pro-Putin media is now linking the Royal Family to Nazis in retaliation

Cold fury: The Kremlin has reacted with anger to the Prince's comparison

PUTIN: THE BROTHER I LOST IN SIEGE OF LENINGRAD

Vladimir Putin has described his family's loss when his elder brother Viktor died during the siege of Leningrad.

The boy, who was around a year old at the time, died of diphtheria in a children's home. He was taken from his family during the 872-day siege, one of the bloodiest and most destructive of the Second World War.

Putin is a famously private man, but spoke about his brother two years ago on a visit to a cemetery in the city, now St Petersburg.

He said: 'My brother, whom I have never seen and did not know, was buried here. I don't even know where exactly. My parents told me that children were taken from their families in 1941 and my mother had a child taken from her – with the goal of saving him. They said he had died, but they never said where he was buried.'

His brother's death, which took place before he was born, gives Putin a personal link to one of the great events of Russian history. Some 650,000 people died of starvation in the city between 1941 and 1944. In January, Putin honoured the victims of the Siege at a ceremony marking the 70th anniversary of its lifting in St Petersburg.

He told survivors: 'Without those who worked on the erection of the defensive lines, without those who worked in the factories, without volunteers and units that were formed by the citizens of Leningrad, I know this from my own family history, without these people victory would have been impossible.'

Putin walked with several dozen siege survivors in a procession through the Piskaryovskoye cemetery, laying flowers and making the sign of the cross at the mass grave where, it was recently revealed, his brother is believed to have been interred.

Source: Vladimir Putin's aides say Prince Charles unfit to be king | Mail Online

[HR][/HR]

Commentary:

So, Charles buddy, if you really want to look for a Hitler, look at your own son.

From the link:
Another senior diplomatic official in Moscow, Maria Zakharova, said sarcastically: 'Prince Charles and Prince Harry have a special kind of relations with Nazism, I must say.'
Of course, he is Royalty - he has to display the IQ of a cabbage. Next time he attempts to travel to India, I hope the India High Commission slaps a persona-non-grata sticker on his passport and return it. It is time to stop entertaining such useless clowns.

pmaitra

To each, his own.

IMHO, there are two things:

• Russia is not the one who started this mess. Whatever Russia is doing, it is doing after the west sponsored coup d'etat took place in Kiev, that overthrew a democratically elected President, and installed a junta.
  • While it is reasonable to believe Russia could be supplying weapons, and volunteers from Russia have joined the eastern Ukrainian militia, BBC is in no position to state whether Russia is being "widely" accused, because, apparently, the only accusations are coming from a few western news-sites of dubious credibility.

One must admire the fact that BBC does a fantastic job of choosing the right words.

pmaitra

BBC continues it political demagoguery while the NATO puppet regime in Kiev continues to indiscriminately kill civilians in air attacks.

The data peddled here is from GlobeScan, a UK, US, and Canada based "research" organization. No one knows where they got their data from, or whether they just made up some numbers.

Interestingly, all these aforementioned countries are supporting the Kiev regime.

Words of wisdom: Research shows that research often finds conclusions favourable to the one funding the research.

Kaalapani

Tihar Jail
Banned
BBC continues it political demagoguery while the NATO puppet regime in Kiev continues to indiscriminately kill civilians in air attacks.

The data peddled here is from GlobeScan, a UK, US, and Canada based "research" organization. No one knows where they got their data from, or whether they just made up some numbers.

Interestingly, all these aforementioned countries are supporting the Kiev regime.

Words of wisdom: Research shows that research often finds conclusions favourable to the one funding the research.

Look at Indian numbers.:rofl:

pmaitra

So, even The Guardian, apparently, is participating in this orgy of hate-mongering.

Let's see what this article tries to do, to defame Russia.

• Take notice of the part in the orange box. What the article should have mentioned is that the people of the USSR voted in a referendum, to preserve the Union, in a reformed state. What Shushkevich did, was go against the democratic will of the people of USSR, and did just the opposite. Of course, the democratic will of the people of the USSR was not in line with what the west wanted, so the Guardian, instead of bandying "democracy," tries to portray this person as a hero. Not atypical of western media.
  • Now, let us look at the picture, with Stalin's face. What The Guardian is trying to do is equating the USSR, and now, Russia, with Stalin. What The Guardian fails to do, whether due to mal-intent or ignorance, is mention, that the USSR went through de-Stalinization after his death, and Stalin died in 1953, 60 years ago.

The purpose of this article, is plain and simple, mind-priming, to affect a public perception change. I am considering adding The Guardian to my personal list of western demagogues.

pmaitra

Demagoguery by the British Brainwashing Corporation, aka BBC, continues

Screenshot taken at a point where the narrator says, ". . . Poland, once part of the Soviet Union, . . ."

Only BBC can shamelessly present such "knowledge."

This article also cites Puke Research, err, I mean Pew Research.

See the video now and please corroborate about that statement about Poland.

Link: BBC News - Negative views of Russia and Putin on the rise globally

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
When even media organizations like Guardian who known for their anti-American position is harshly criticising Putin and Russia, then it is time for both Putin and Russia to start asking hard questions about themselves, although I doubt this happening (in particular with Putin).

pmaitra

When even media organizations like Guardian who known for their anti-American position is harshly criticising Putin and Russia, then it is time for both Putin and Russia to start asking hard questions about themselves, although I doubt this happening (in particular with Putin).
There is a dedicated thread for criticizing Putin. Please post there. If you cannot find that thread, ask @Peter to help you out.

Last edited by a moderator:

bhramos

Country flag
Re: Civil war in Ukraine

BBC BBC issued the day before yesterday the arrival of reinforcements ukrov frames in Mariupol for snapshot invasion of Russia to Ukraine.

jouni

This week Putin has said, that he can take Kiev in two weeks. Russian generals have said that they are ready to use tactical nuclear weapons. That makes Stalin and Hruchtsov look like Mahatma Gandhi.

pmaitra

This week Putin has said, that he can take Kiev in two weeks. Russian generals have said that they are ready to use tactical nuclear weapons. That makes Stalin and Hruchtsov look like Mahatma Gandhi.
Putin is not the same as Russian generals. So, if the comparison is between Stalin and Khrushchyov on one side and Putin on another, then what is the relevance of Russian generals?

On the other hand, one should take Putin's alleged comments (not sure what source you are using), assuming it is true, in the context of NATO continuing to threaten Russia, sending troops to Russia's border, while their puppet regime is carrying out a genocide in E. Ukraine.

Under such circumstances, and this is my opinion, Putin looks like Mahatma Gandhi in comparison with the western leaders (not all, but you know the ones I am referring to).

Putin has shown a lot of restraint, and I am not happy with him, because I feel, he should have intervened earlier, and saved those ~1500-2000 civilians, odd people who have died in the hands of the Kiev regime forces. I think this character assassination of Russia by western media caused him to act with restraint.

pmaitra

That is not news. That is a US funded US based non-Russian propaganda website, run by a so called "institute" masquerading as a "Russian institute."

The Interpreter is a propaganda and myth-peddling site run by the "Institute of Modern Russia," a western funded NGO masquerading as a Russian entity.

Keywords and phrases: economic freedom, Khodorkovsky and Lebedev, nonprofit, nonpartisan :rofl:, democratic :scared2:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles