Chand Mohammed converts back to Hinduism

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by I-G, Jul 28, 2009.

1. I-G

I-G Tihar Jail Banned

Chand Mohammed converts back to Hinduism
    PTI 28 July 2009, 08:57pm IST

CHANDIGARH: The Chand-Fiza love saga came full circle on Tuesday with Haryana's former deputy chief minister, Chander Mohan aka Chand Mohammed converting back to Hinduism and regretting that marrying Fiza was the "biggest mistake" of his life.

Chander Mohan, the elder son of former chief minister Bhajan Lal, visited a Bishnoi temple at Hisar today in an ambulance and performed a 'yajna' in the presence of religious leaders to convert back to Hinduism from Islam, a religion he had embraced at the time of marrying Anuradha Bali aka Fiza.

After re-converting, he apologised to the Bishnoi community, saying that marrying Fiza was the "biggest mistake of my life".

The religious leaders imposed on him a fine of donating one hundred quintals of grain and an equal quantity of green fodder to feed birds and cattle respectively.

Chander Mohan, recuperating at a hospital in Hisar after a recent accident, had requested the Bishnoi leadership yesterday for considering his return to the community.

Chand Mohammed converts back to Hinduism - Delhi - City - NEWS - The Times of India

3. prahladh

prahladh Respected Member

What happens to fiza and his first wife?
    what a bummer

4. Soham

Soham DFI TEAM Senior Member

This guy is nothing but a joke ?
    Why do we even pay attention ? Lets leave such news to IndiaTV :wink:

5. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Uncontrolled and a video game libido!

6. Jeet

Jeet New Member

i cant imagine tis guy was deputy chief minister before.... he is such a bad ass.. he is sooooo confused with his own life, how will he govern the state.
    GOD !! save our country from these kind of leaders. its an embarassment for our nation.. he cant even talk properly, , ,

7. NikSha

NikSha Regular Member

If there WAS "god", he wouldn't let such people go around changing religions faster than our politicians change their stances on important issues.

Any of these "leaders" these days are a big joke, just trying to control what they can through any means.

8. peacecracker

peacecracker Regular Member

but many muslim scholars will force the old words : "murtid(apostate) ki sazaa mout hai".this chand muhammad is influential and will escape ,may be.Indian Government cannot still enforce Uniform Civil Code?eh?

9. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

Well, the case is simple: The guy was already married, but he fell in love with another women. He wanted to marry her. He used a loophole in our legal system. He simply converted(for the sake of legality) to another religion where having multiple wives is permitted according to our laws. He got married. Soon, he got bored of his new ladylove. And he perhaps started feeling that he gave up too much for her sake(he gave up his promising political career, family, social respect). He went back to his family and reconverted his original religion(which he was following anyway). He would perhaps try to patch up with his family, relations and first wife. He might be now hoping to revive his political career....

Well, as long as we have such twisted laws and corrupt system, we will find many more Chand Mohammads(oops, Chander Mohans).

10. indian_sukhoi

indian_sukhoi Regular Member

Iam glad He got kicked the Haryana govt!!!!

11. Avinash R

Avinash R Regular Member

Fiza is working in a reality show which is being filmed in malaysia. So i guess she doesn't know about chand's decision yet.

12. IBM

IBM Regular Member

This joker has to send in agra pagal khana. Making fool of himself and others.....

13. fateh71

fateh71 Regular Member

Very low personal character, using religion to further / protect political career, ability to shamelessly change positions, great acting, knows how to stay in limelight, son of corrupt powerful leader - The Indian Politician... whats new?

Tshering22 likes this.
  14. IBM

IBM Regular Member

She is also not saint. She used him to get into political areana and popularity.

15. F-14

F-14 Global Defence Moderator Senior Member

what next tomarrow he will convert to Christanity and marry a christian girl ???

16. NikSha

NikSha Regular Member

Who cares? Let him. It's not like religions themselves not crippled by their "leaders" exploiting them for a thousand reason everyday.

Is voyeurism now part of Indian "culture" or what? Hard not to look into others live and discuss them in forums like it is life or death situation?

Actually, I am glad he is making a mockery out of religions out there. They don't mean shit these days, sane people know that.

17. F-14

and i gusee you are one of them in case just wanted you to know

statutory warnning : you are talking to a insane person please continue on your onw risk

Lol

18. NikSha

NikSha Regular Member

^ I don't get it.

19. F-14

i ment the answer for your last line which is as follows
    niksha pls dont take any thing personal k

20. NikSha

NikSha Regular Member

Heh no, I was just confused about what you were trying to say. That's all.

21. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

Nik,
    spoken like a true athiest!!! :blum3:

But while condemning religions on a whole as crap, we need to remember that many individuals in this world lead a moral life that allows societies to function. India, for example, is not a ideal society in terms of equality of opportunities, wealth, social respect......etc, and inspite of such extremely uneven(and seemingly unfair) conditions, many poor people carry on to live their lives within the confines of human values only due to belief in god(religion or some higher power). This is mostly true for many societies in the world. Without a belief in god or religion, we will get highly frustrated individuals which can then lead to an unstable society.
    Here is a link to prove my point that 'believers' are generally contended even when they are not as 'lucky' as elites of their society:
    Religion 'linked to happy life'

After witnessing a few riots(based on religion or something similar), one might be tempted to condemn all religions. But one needs to remember that just as we have good guys and bad guys, we can also have good religions and bad religions. Then, we can also have good guys and bad guys within a good religion or bad religion.
    Overall, I feel that people who believe in god(and fear punishment and hope for a reward), live their lives within the confines of law and tradition of a particular society. While the same cant be said of people who fear nothing and have no hope of any external magic.