Chanakya TV Series

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
^
Do you know why the series got shut down ?
You would probably now more than me. But this series is pretty damn accurate when it comes to the depictions of the architecture, clothing, etc of the period.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
You would probably now more than me. But this series is pretty damn accurate when it comes to the depictions of the architecture, clothing, etc of the period.
It was shutdown because the ruling government believed the series was promoting Hindutva and had too much "Saffron Imagery"

asingh10

Used to watch this as a kid. Good old Doordarshan days. BTW the first person to talk about one Bharat and united Bharat in a long, long time was Chanakya...in Episode 7 of the TV series :)

28:13 -

asingh10

It was shutdown because the ruling government believed the series was promoting Hindutva and had too much "Saffron Imagery"
If I'm not wrong, Bhaskar Ghose (father of Sagarika Ghose) was DD boss then. He was vehemently opposed to Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan as well.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Guys hold your horses.

It is old series made and aired in 90s. It is based on the ancient novel- Mudra Rakshas, written 300 years after Chanakya death.

This TV series is most accurate presentation of life after Alexander's invasion and unseating incompetent ruler of Magadha by Chanakya.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
civfanatic Chanakya's Arthashastra History & Culture 67
A chanakya on teachers General Multimedia 0
LETHALFORCE Chanakya Defence & Strategy 15
W Asmi – Limited Series Production Indian Army 1