Centre to Give 3,000 Additional Jobs, Accommodation to Kashmiri Migrants

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by VIP, Nov 18, 2015.

1. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

New Delhi: Kashmiri migrants will get 3,000 additional government jobs and 6,000 transit accommodations, the Union Cabinet has said, further enhancing monetary assistance for people displaced from the hilly areas of Jammu region.

Detailing on the two decisions, Minister of State for Prime Minister Office Jitendra Singh said additional 3000 jobs in the state government will be provided to the Kashmiri migrants with financial assistance from the central government.

The Kashmiri migrants, to whom state government jobs are provided, will also be given transit accommodations in the Valley, he said, adding, "The financial implication in this respect would be borne by the government of India."

The provision of jobs will cost the exchequer Rs. 1,080 crore whereas Rs. 920 crore will be spent on provision of accommodation - Rs. 200 crore on purchasing of land and Rs. 720 crore on construction.

62,000 Kashmiri pandit migrants families are registered with the government, out of which 39,000 stay in Jammu, 19,000 in Delhi and remaining in other parts of the country.

Earlier in 2008, a package of Rs. 1618.40 crore was announced to facilitate the return of the migrants to the Kashmir Valley.

Under this package, 3000 state government jobs were to be provided to the Kashmiri migrants with central funding, of whom 1963 jobs have already been provided and process for the rest was underway.

Nearly 470 transit accommodations have been constructed in the Kashmir Valley which have been allotted to the newly appointed migrant employees on sharing basis.

The Cabinet meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, also cleared a proposal for raising monetary assistance by more than 400 per cent to migrants from hilly areas of Jammu region to make it at par with Kashmiri migrants.

Accordingly, 1,054 families would be receiving assistance of Rs. 2,500 per person from the existing Rs. 400, costing the exchequer Rs. 13.45 crore per annum. However, there will be a ceiling of Rs. 10,000 per family, same as applicable with regard to Kashmiri pandit migrants.

As many as 1,054 families migrated from the higher reaches of Poonch, Rajouri, Udhampur, Reasi, Ramban, Doda and Kishtwar to Jammu city because of militancy in the 1990s.

"There were complaints that people who had to migrate from hilly areas of Jammu in late 1990s due to militancy were not being paid monthly honorarium as par with the Kashmiri migrants," said Mr Singh, who is a parliamentarian from Jammu.

Terming it as a landmark decision, the minister said the financial assistance would in addition to Rs. 300 received by these families for purchasing fodder for their cattle and getting dry ration of nine kilograms wheat, two kilograms rice and 10 litres of Kerosene oil.
    Story First Published: November 18, 2015 18:28 IST

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/kashmiri-migrants-to-get-additional-jobs-transit-accomodation-1244815

3. VIP

Does this thing our so called hardcore RWs over here want or not ??

mikhail likes this.
  4. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

@VIP 3000 out of lakhs.

Off-topic.

I thinks Kashmir pundits exodus/killings was the best thing ever happened to Hindus in India.After 42 yrs brainwashing of Sickular Khangress one fine day BJP&LK Advani started RAM Janma bhoomi movement consequently BABRI DEMOLITION......... BJP&RSS is in full power now and Khangress becomes history.

Thanks to my Kashmiri Muslim brothers! they too paid rewards after that.:rofl:

5. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

More so they should be rehabilitated in the Valley.....atleast 5,00,000 Hindus should rehabilitate valley after getting Basic military training and arms!

Screambowl, parijataka and mikhail like this.
  6. VIP

They're giving facilities to reinstall them at their default place. Government can't create lacs of jobs for them in government sector. They're also spending 2K crore money for the same purpose including transport and rehabilitation. I hope, you can appreciate the efforts instead of focusing on numbers that don't matter.

Screambowl likes this.
  7. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Yes. rather than provide security and let anyone who wants to settle, Modi govt. is paying lip service to RW supporters.

None of us can go and settle there. Do you really think the KPs who took flight after first fight, would go back to the life of hell because 3000 of them will get a job.

8. asingh10

asingh10 Senior Member Senior Member

There are many West Pak refugees in Jammu from 47 who can't vote because they don't have citizenship due to ridiculous laws in Kashmir that prevent any demographic change. Why isn't the government doing something about it ?

parijataka and Mad Indian like this.
  9. asingh10

asingh10 Senior Member Senior Member

Muslim only plots in Jammu.

[​IMG]

maomao and Mad Indian like this.
  10. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

Damned if you do.
    Damned if you don't.

If you do nothing few supposedly "extreme right wingers" keep pointing out nothing is being done.
    When you do something, either it's not enough or not good.

BUT...they still want BJP/RSS to do something. I am not sure if anyone knows what that magical "something" is!!!

And between, BJP is providing security to pandits going back. Might be best if people used google before they post something.

maomao and parijataka like this.
  11. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Do you understand the meaning of lip service- it means doing something just as an obligation with no concrete benefits.

Lakhs of KPs were thrown out of their homes. Do you want me to clap on resettlement of 3000? Would it balance the demographics to pre-ethnic cleansing level? Would it reduce the pro-Kashmir hegemony in the j&k assembly?

If modi govt had given a blueprint on how they would offer resettlement benefits to all KPs who want to go back, I would have cheered. If they had offered a blueprint on how they would give incentive to local govt to provide security to KPs, I would have cheered. If they had given security responsibility to returning KPs I would have cheered.

3000 govt jobs is lip service and nothing more.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Mad Indian likes this.
  12. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

3000 is a start.
    You got to start somewhere.

Regarding security, it's still work in progress and should be out soon.

Expecting to resettle all of them at one time is not feasible! It will be done in phases. If they don't have more concrete plan in couple of years, I will join you in thrashing BJP.

Is that fair?

Dang it...for first time in independent India, a govt is trying to deliver on it's promises and are getting screwed for it..

No wonder we Hindus are so screwed..

maomao likes this.
  13. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

No. We get screwed because we get happy by lip service and half hearted measures.

I would have been more happy to hear that they will resettle everyone in 10 years beginning by 10k first year, 20k second year etc.

EU with 20 different countries came up with the number of settling 800,000 refugees in 5 years. The actual numbers would have been much higher. But here GoI as a single stakeholder cannot settle its own citizens. If GoI had announced a new city(smart or not) for the KPs, I would have been much happier.

But this scheme will just do the needed stuff i.e. not piss off the Kashmiri mullahs and get undue kudos from RW people, who start cheering too soon.

nik141991 and Mad Indian like this.
  14. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

You are very good at strawmans and quote mining aren't you?

Yes, the promise was for resettling 3000 kashmiri pundits. Now it has been fulfilled, we can start bursting crackers that we have won .:rolleyes:

its pathetic that Hindus have to settle for such a shitty deal as the alternative is worse and its even more pathetic that when we(non fanboys) point it out , people like you claim this is the best we can do:rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    saty and Sakal Gharelu Ustad like this.
  15. Mad Indian

Couldn't have said it better.......

16. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Now @VIP can come and say- hardcore RW does not matter and Modi is awesome!!

17. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

Didn't I mention in my post that in couple of years if things for Pandits don't improve, I will join u in hounding BJP?

18. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

Yeah, please go and vote for your imaginary right wing party that will solve all Hindu problems in one night.
    Please let me know which party that is so that I can vote for it as well..

VIP and TrueSpirit2 like this.
  19. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Better join now rather than get disappointed later. GoI could have waited and given out when they had complete plan for resettlement. But no- they already showed their cards and they have no big hand left to show.

20. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

If some one want's to criticize, they can do it even if BJP does what you proposed by saying, they should have at least started doing 'something'.

No party including BJP has done anything for pandits for decades. Things have started now. Since things have 'started', instead of it being just lip service, I would give benefit of doubt to 'current' BJP.

VIP and TrueSpirit2 like this.
  21. Mad Indian

Well you tell me. As far as I am concerned there is no right wing party here in india.

So I would most probably choose between a random candidate or admk depending on what I feel like at the time. May be when someone starts behaving like a right wing party, I would vote for them.

But I have been seeing a Hindu party recently, don't know if they are linked to chaddis or not- named Hindu Munnani katchi- Hindu development party. "If" they stand in elections I would vote them. Let's see.

Oh btw, has Modi delivered on his promise of evicting Bangladeshi illegals? I might have missed it if it had already happened :lol: