Center for World's Unreached in India says Global Church Expert

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by Das ka das, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Das ka das

Das ka das Tihar Jail Banned

DALLAS, Texas – India is the statistical center of gravity for the population that has never heard of Jesus Christ, reported a preeminent expert on global Christianity Saturday.
    The demographic term “statistical center of gravity” means there is an equal number of a people or type of people to the north, south, east and west of a specific point, which in the case of unreached people is found in India.
    For Christianity, the statistical center of gravity is found in Mali and is moving towards Nigeria.
    “The thing that strikes me is the enormous geographical distance between these [Christian and unreached centers], but it also represents to me a cultural distance,” commented Dr. Todd Johnson, research fellow and director of the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in Boston.
    Johnson was speaking Saturday at the International Society for Frontier Missiology (ISFM) conference being held Sept. 15-17 in Dallas. The title of this year’s conference is India: Debating Global Missiological Flashpoints.
    “To me this picture is not just a bunch of statistics being mapped,” Johnson noted, “But there is something here that is speaking to us about this gap [between Christians and unreached center].”
    Follow us
    The former editor of the International Journal of Frontier Missiology pointed out that lack of contact between Christians and non-Christians is a “serious breach” in biblical responsibility.
    “Christians have to live and know and listen and work among all the people of the world,” emphasized the global church expert.
    Johnson pointed to several statistics which highlight the great potential to reach non-Christians, but the failure of believers to share the Good News with people of other faiths.
    He noted how:
    • Research indicates the most responsive people to Christianity are Hindu, Muslim, Buddhists;
    • Most Christian outreach never reach non-Christians – over 90 percent of all Christian evangelism are aimed at other Christians; and
    • 86 percent of the world’s Hindus, Muslim, and Buddhists do not personally know a Christian.
    “I think it is an interesting irony that God himself has prepared the peoples for the Gospel message, but we tend to be slow in contacting and being incarnational witness among these peoples,” Johnson concluded.
    Other speakers at the conference include Dr. Ralph D. Winter, founder of the U.S. Center for World Mission and ISFM; Herb Hoefer, former missionary to India for nearly 20 years; and Jim Slack, consultant and analyst of global evangelism and church growth at the International Mission Board (IMB)’s Department of Research.
    Frontier mission is an area of missiology which focuses on reaching the people with the least access to the Christian gospel. Innovative strategies and cutting-edge mission are characteristics of this field of mission.

Center for World's Unreached in India, Says Global Church Expert

3. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

:facepalm:

There are enough Christians, Muslims, Hindus on earth to keep their respective religions going for a few hundred years at least. Why take so much trouble.

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  4. Das ka das

Hindus will be reduced to low populations and be demographically insignificant like the Jews.

5. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

:rofl: :pound:

6. blank_quest

blank_quest Senior Member Senior Member

WhAt the hell Britishers learnt in India ? Has the world forgotten why did 1857 revolt happened in India??

7. Yusuf

800 million is an insignificant number?

8. Das ka das

So by your own admission Muslims+Christians are 33 percent of population since we have 1.2 billion people. I rest my case.

9. Yusuf

You have no case to begin with.

We are talking world wide population and not any Indian context.

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  10. Das ka das

CIA thinks there were at least 180 million Muslims in 2001 as per WikiLeaks. Probably not including Bangladeshis.

Christians are more than double than there official number and their growth worries me the most as they are all converted Hindus.

We Hindus have only ourselves to blame.

11. Yusuf

Again you are confusing yourself. The thread is not related only to India and my post about numbers at the moment being good enough for the religions to survive is considering global numbers. Not percentages or anything but sheer numbers. 800 million or whatever is not an insignificant number.

12. SHURIDH

SHURIDH Senior Member Senior Member

Correction.
    Hindus are 1.02 billion.955 million in india alone.
    Hinduism is world largest non abrahamic religion.
    One of the only three religion in the world which has over 1 billion followers.

13. Yusuf

Arrey yaar, I am not the one from the census who knows exact figures. All I know that the numbers are not insignificant that you say you will get extinct like Jews.

14. SHURIDH

I think he was telling about indian cencus 2001.
    according to indian cencus 2001 hindus are 821 million out of 1.02 billion indian population or 80.5% of india's population.
    At the end of 2010 india's population was 1.21 billion.
    Hindu population would be 955-960 million in india.

15. SHURIDH

If someone try to compare number of hindus with jews than its pure demographic illiteracy.
    What about him he say muslim are over 40% in west bengal.
    Which makes me shock.
    By the way i also don't come from cencus office.

16. Das ka das

Government never considers your Bangladeshi brethren when accounting for Muslim populations. WB is well on its way to having an Islamic majority and I place the responsibility on the bhodroloka.

17. SHURIDH

Muslims are 27% of west bengal population not 41%.
    Muslim population growth in wb is 25% from 91-01.
    when all india muslim population growth is 29% from 91-01.
    so you see muslim of wb growing 4%(29-25) less than all indian muslim level according to cencus 2001.

When muslim of wb grow at significant slower rate than all india muslim level than how can you say muslim will become majority in wb.
    Do you have any demographic knowledge left.

I can give you the proff muslims are 27% of west bengal population.
    can you show me any proff to prove muslims are 41% in wb.
    And muslims are roughly 66% in murshidabad district according to government report.
    So what will be muslim percentage in murshidabad district if muslim are 41% in wb not 27%.
    do you have any idea about it.
    Stop trolling here.
    giving false data without any proff.

18. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

As we all know, Jesus Christ was a renowned statistician.