Ceasefire Violation by Pakistan

Pintu

Instead of India testing the small missiles in waste desert... Why can't these people destroy a pakistani tank or something and test the small missiles as a part of retaliation during these times... Real time testing against the enemy... wonderful oppurtunity...

Dear MMuthu, I can feel your sentiment but the when things go in practical and reality checks in some time restraint need to be shown and we can not simply start a war with ever hostile unstable neighbour and loss our friends in this world arena as well as can not welcome interests uncalled for in our own back yard.

Regards

p2prada

I don't think a couple of rounds would make much of a diversion. There was probable no festivals in May so they made their own entertainment. There must be a strict 'no fire' policy in place for the Indian Troops. I'm afraid I would have blasted the place from dawn to dusk:wink:
Unfortunately that is true. India has been trying to show to the world that it is a responsible power and follows all the bilateral and multilateral treaties signed. That's because India has always been on the back foot when dealing with Pakistan especially since the 1971 war.

It is simply because India is not supported in the west. Any kind of break in the treaty from the Indian side is questioned by the UNSC while anything that Pak does is ignored. Been happening since ages.

Even after all that recent American bonhomie with India, the Americans follow Pakistani views on Kashmir and are pressurizing India to continue dialogue with a state that cannot protect its own sovereignty.

dave lukins

Professional
Unfortunately that is true. India has been trying to show to the world that it is a responsible power and follows all the bilateral and multilateral treaties signed. That's because India has always been on the back foot when dealing with Pakistan especially since the 1971 war.

It is simply because India is not supported in the west. Any kind of break in the treaty from the Indian side is questioned by the UNSC while anything that Pak does is ignored. Been happening since ages.

Even after all that recent American bonhomie with India, the Americans follow Pakistani views on Kashmir and are pressurizing India to continue dialogue with a state that cannot protect its own sovereignty.

There comes a time when patience is at full stretch and where the person who remains calm controls the situation. I think India has shown remarkable resilience.

There is an old Indian saying from Karmani Dhanuhu(I think) "The bow is stretched for its task" ..Keep that in mind and you will overcome your enemies.

MMuthu

Well you are one hot blooded guy mate. Thank goodness there arent guys like you in those posts.
Sathish Pakistan firing at Indian post is not happening for the first time..... Every time they are doing it and we are keeping mum.

They slap us.... we are silent, If one of their bomb falls in our post and if one Indian solider dies.... Think how his family member may feel? Particularly his wife and children?

If they fire 1000 rounds 1000 times, why can you fire a single round one time? Instead of wasting all ammuntion try with a precision equipment with low amount of explosive, such that they cannot find what the type equipment fired.

Atleast kill a tank which is simply standing there.... They will think twice when they want to attack next time.

Why do I want to be nice to the other person who want to kill me all the time?

johnee

There comes a time when patience is at full stretch and where the person who remains calm controls the situation. I think India has shown remarkable resilience.

There is an old Indian saying from Karmani Dhanuhu(I think) "The bow is stretched for its task" ..Keep that in mind and you will overcome your enemies.
Gr8 quote. :113:
Thanx.

ZOOM

Founding Member
Pakistani armymens certainly not performing their professional role which is supposed symbol of any armed forces in the world. There are simply looking to exploit loopholes to which they simply looking to dare a bit by bit. Since they knew that, there wont be any major retaliation from Indian Side who is abiding the Peace treaty of not violating LOC and hence they can simply looking to outrage this modesty to make India to do some error, so that it can bring its case in positive light by colouring the picture in a way that India's Armymen are provoking their Pakistnai counterparts, only to use it later to derail India's effor to dismantle Terror infrastructure from Pakistani soil.

dave lukins

Professional
ZOOM, I can understand and feel your frustration. It must be worse for the Soldiers on the receiving end of the unprofessional antics of the other side. The Pakistani army are at the moment fighting on another front, and it shows lack of understanding of their situation when they attack Indian Troop positions. The last thing I would want is to be attacked on two fronts, by two different enemy. Their actions will come back to bite them if they are not careful

ZOOM

Founding Member
ZOOM, I can understand and feel your frustration. It must be worse for the Soldiers on the receiving end of the unprofessional antics of the other side. The Pakistani army are at the moment fighting on another front, and it shows lack of understanding of their situation when they attack Indian Troop positions. The last thing I would want is to be attacked on two fronts, by two different enemy. Their actions will come back to bite them if they are not careful
One of the major perception behind all this unwarranted attack is nothing but to keep afloat of framing India as a aggressor nation and being small Pakistan is nothing but defending itself, hence this gunfight for which there is no potential reasons. They want to proliferate their age old propoganda of India as their No 1 enemy and not internal one who are digging deeper inside pakistan to make their presence stronger then ever.

Finally they have to extract much needed Foriegn aid on this very perception which is hollow, since they knew that if they effectively end their confrontation with India then they won't receive any foriegn aid which is much needed to keep afloat Pakistan as a nation and not to fight common enemy which is none other then Terror outfits operating their mindset.

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
Infiltration bid foiled in J&K, one jawan killed in firing

A soldier was killed in the Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir by a group of militants from Pakistan who were trying to infiltrate into Indian territory, an army official said on Monday.

Mohinder Singh of 8 Kumaon fell to a bullet fired from across the Line of Control (LoC) late Sunday, while another soldier had a narrow escape.

"There was an infiltration attempt Sunday evening. We have confirmed reports that the firing was from the militants. It was not firing from the Pakistani army," Brigadier General Staff of 16 Corps Brigadier Gurdeep Singh told IANS.

"The area has been cordoned off and search is on but it appears that the infiltrators have escaped back into Pakistan," Singh added.
Infiltration bid foiled in J&K, one jawan killed in firing

RIP

MMuthu

There should be a automatic alerting system.... When ever someone intrudes we need fire them.... Why can we place landmines across the border?

Were supposed to have infrared detectors along the LoC,i don't know if they're even of use?

India hasn't signed it to prevent infiltration such as this.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pakistan-based terror group fires rocket at Indian village

Pakistan-based terror group fires rocket at Indian village
5 Jul 2009, 1216 hrs IST, Yudhvir Rana, TNN

DHANDAE (Amritsar): In what appeared to be an attack by a Paksitan-based terror group, two rockets were fired at an Indian village Dhandae late
Saturday night, spreading panic in the region. Incidentally, one rocket fell within the Pakistan territory while another fell in an Indian village.

No casualties have been reported. However, one person was slightly injured with the splinter of the rocket.

The rocket, believed to be fired from the Pak soil at around 9.50 pm on Saturday night, fell in an irrigated paddy field of Dhandae village causing blast and about ten feet wide crater. A portion of the paddy field was also burnt. Soon after the incident, senior BSF, Army and police officials reached the spot.

This is the first ever incident in peace time when an Indian village on Punjab’s international border with Pakistan came under attack from the Pakistan soil. The attack has also posed serious threat to the safety of visitors who throng Attari land border to witness the daily Beating the Retreat ceremony even as the Border Security Force (BSF) has no weaponry or system to stop a rocket midway.

Earlier on March 30, at least 12 armed Taliban had attacked the Manawan police academy in Pakistan, situated barely 8 km from Indo-Pak international border during the morning drill hours, when around 750 police recruits were on parade.

While not ruling out the possibility of rocket attack by Pak-based terrorist organization, BSF Inspector General (IG), Frontier, Himmat Singh said, “We held the commandant level meeting at night with Pakistan Rangers and have conveyed our strong protest.” He said that Pak Rangers have assured to get back to them after investigating the incident.

Dilbagh Singh, an eye witness, who also received minor bruises from a splinter said, “I saw a ball of flame falling in the paddy field and then something hit my leg." He said he got scared and rushed away from the site.

Sukhwinder Kaur, another eye witness said, “we were all panicky and ran out from our houses, for once it appeared as if Pakistan has attacked." "What if the rocket had fallen on a house" she asked.

Mukhtiar Singh, a local resident who was returning home from his daily work said, "I was drunk and saw some iron object lying near the field. I picked it up and took it to my home. But when I came to know there had been a blast and it could be a bomb shell, I got scared and gave the iron piece to police.”

BSF has found the tail piece of the rocket and its another part bearing 07R marking. Some of the BSF jawans posted at border posts said that they saw a rocket at the height of about 300 metre from ground level, coming from the Pakistani side on Saturday night.

Knowledgeable sources said that the rocket had traveled at least 4.5 km distance. "It could have been launched from 2 km inside the Pak territory and hit nearly 2.5 km inside Indian soil."

However, sources informed that the rocket attack could be a retaliatory action of killing of a Pak intruder, presumably a Taliban or belonging to another terrorist group, by BSF on Saturday noon near the border fence.

"This incident could also be a part of strategy of Taliban or other terror groups to show their strength and divert attention of Pakistan government after its ( Pak government) decision to challenge Lahore High Court’s verdict of releasing of Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafeez Mohammad Saeed," said sources.

Meanwhile, BSF has taken further measures to strengthen the security of visitors who throng Attari border every day to witness the Beating the Retreat ceremony. The IG said "Such rocket attacks need to be controlled by Pakistan security forces alone as they have no mechanism to stop a rocket midway".

Pakistan-based terror group fires rocket at Indian village - India - The Times of India

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
BSF investigates blasts near Attari border

Attari (Punjab), July 05: The Border Security Force (BSF) is investigating two blasts that occurred in a village along the fenced border between India and Pakistan on Saturday night.

BSF officials said two shells landed on the Indian side of the border in paddy fields of Dande village near the Attari-Wagah land border joint check post, 30 km from Amritsar city.

"Villagers told our officials that two projectiles landed in the paddy fields last night," a BSF official, who visited the spot, said.

"The villagers heard a blast and when they went out, they saw a crater in one of the paddy fields," Dande village headman (sarpanch) Mukhtiar Singh said.

There was panic among villagers and BSF officials were informed immediately.

"We saw two projectiles with sparks coming from Pakistan side and landing in the fields here," village resident Hardev Singh said.

The BSF is likely to take up the incident with senior officials of the Pakistan Rangers.

The incident follows the killing of a Pakistani national by the BSF near Roranwala village near the joint check post Saturday evening as he tried to run from the Pakistani side into Indian territory.

"The man, who was running towards the Indian side, was asked to stop and warned but he did not pay heed and our troops opened fire," a BSF official said.

The Pakistani side refused to admit that the killed man was from their country. His body was brought to a hospital in Amritsar.

Both incidents took place within hours of each other.

BSF investigates blasts near Attari border

And the Pakistani Government will shamelessly keep on demanding that India resume the dialogue with them.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
And the Pakistani Government will shamelessly keep on demanding that India resume the dialogue with them.
We all know that Pakistani Establishment say something and do something .

For sure these attacks were carried out under the nose of ISI .

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Three rockets fired from Pak side, two land in Indian villages

Amritsar (PTI): Three rockets were fired from the Pakistan side of the border with two of them landing inside in as many Indian villages, injuring a youth besides triggering panic among villagers, a top BSF official said on Sunday.

"Last night around 9.50 pm, three rockets were fired from the Pakistan side, out of which two landed in Dhandae and Baherwal villages close to the Attari international border. A youth was injured in the incident," BSF's Inspector General (Punjab Frontier), Himmat Singh told PTI over phone.

Mr. Singh said one rocket fell and exploded on the Pak side of the International Border. The incident had also triggered panic among the border residents.

Soon after the incident, senior officials of BSF, including DIG Mohammed Aqeel, army and police visited the spot.

Asked if it could be the handiwork of Pak-based terror groups, Mr. Singh said, "At the moment, we cannot confirm this though such a possibility cannot be ruled out.

"We held the commandant-level meeting late last night with Pakistani Rangers and conveyed our strong protest. They have assured us that they will fully investigate the matter and share the details with us."

A 24-year-old youth, Dilbagh Singh (24), of Dhandae village, who was working on his fields, received splinter injuries. The rocket had also created a 10-ft-wide crater.

Asked from what distance could the rockets have been fired, Mr. Singh said this could be confirmed only after the investigations.

The BSF IG also said the force had also taken additional measures to strengthen security of visitors who flocked to the Attari border in large numbers to witness the Beating Retreat ceremony in the evening.

BSF sources said a heavy contingent of Army and BSF were monitoring the situation since Saturday night.

Various army teams were already on the spot to gather splinters of the two rockets that exploded on this side of the border.

The BSF sources said the force has collected some pieces of the fired objects from Dhandae.

Dhandae is a small village with only about 200 families and none of them came out of their houses even in late morning after the rocket explosions.

Dilbagh Singh, who was a victim and an eyewitness as well, said the rocket was fired from the Pakistani side and fell on his irrigated paddy field, a portion of which was damaged.

Another eyewitness Sukhwinder said the villagers were in a state of panic and feared that such incidents may recur.

In a separate incident on Saturday evening, a Pakistani intruder aged about (22) created tension at the international boundary during daytime when he ignored repeated warnings of BSF and crossed over to Indian territory after which he was shot dead.

The incident took place near the Attari Check Post at Rorawali village adjoining to Dhandae village.

The Hindu News Update Service

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Maybe they're doing this on a trial basis to prepare for a future attack of thousands of rockets fired on the Indian side like the Hezbollah Katyusha rocket attacks on Israel a couple of years ago.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Maybe they're doing this on a trial basis to prepare for a future attack of thousands of rockets fired on the Indian side .

Yes and blame it on terrorists .

the Hezbollah Katyusha rocket attacks on Israel a couple of years ago
"Operation Truthful Promise" by Hizbullah was started to release its prisoners on 12 July 2006 .. which Israel have did after 2 years on July 16 2008 by handing over 200 dead bodies of Lebanese and Palestinian fighters and 4 Lebanese fighters .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles