Catholics upset at cardinal's 'reported' view on shooting

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

It must be noted that this is from Two Circles that is something like Tehelka which revels in creating social disharmony.

The Cardinal of course lives in Italy or rather the Vatican.

The two fishermen killed were Christians.

One wonders if he contacted the Christian Ministers of Kerala Govt and even if he did, I wonder if the Ministers can speak against the Cardinal.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    Godless-Kafir likes this.
  3. m-jeri

m-jeri Regular Member

The hell we are.

Just coz he became a cardinal and can get limelight doesnt mean, his views are same as other catholics in Kerala. The news/forums are saying it like
    his word is the truth. Already fed up with guys like this. Yea , I am a 4th gen catholic with few priests and a bishop from my family. If any of them said like this,
    I will make it a point to set them straight.

String up the Italian pricks. no mercy.

Koovie and maomao like this.
  4. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

The Cardinal has retracted the statement, saying he was misquoted. Whatever be the case the people have answered back to the gentleman in spades and he should have the grace to apologise and finish off the case.

Wonder why did the Minister Mr.K.V.Thomas who was accompanying the cardinal has to say on this topic, as he had a ring side view on this issue.

5. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

The message has been sent out (by the cardinal) and the damage has been done, now what is required is ass whopping of this cardinal by Catholics themselves! :)

Bangalorean likes this.
  6. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

It is already happening in Kerela. Today's papers are full of it.

amitkriit and maomao like this.
  7. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

There is more to it than a alleged misquote by the Cardinal

http://www.firstpost.com/india/card...h-the-truth-alencherry-or-vatican-222541.html

maomao and Bangalorean like this.
  8. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

They should be.

9. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I agree with you.

However, are you suggesting that a Cardinal, Bishop or the Pope have no sway over the Catholics?

They are mere showpieces?

The Italian press reported what the Cardinal said.

If the Italian press is lying, then they should be sued and the Vatican has enough money to sue!

I feel sorry for the fishermen who died, that they have been forsaken by their own Cardinal, who prefers to toe his Italian line!

Jesus does not reside in Vatican.

God is omnipresent!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  10. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

Nowadays they are Christianity is having lot of fragments

11. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

religion has no business in this criminal matter. Lets not further complicate it.

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  12. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Joke of the year religion has no influences on our pathetic lives.....

Those italian rascals have deliberately made this issue a religious one....

But Great to see the communal card back fired.... May be all hope is not lost for our nation yet....!!!!!!

13. peacecracker

peacecracker Regular Member

He is a Syrian Catholic Cardinal,A Separate Church. I don't understand Why He made such a statement in Italy(if true). I think, Cardinals and Catholic Church can influence Italian government indirectly. But, it is not so in India. It must be open and clear for Italians.

of all, Catholics are furious about the MAB's(Major Arch Bishop) Comment, I think.

14. m-jeri

m-jeri Regular Member

Sir,

It depends on the person you are referring. You know the saying, the power is with oracles in temple rather than the God himself.
    For some, they see the clergy as the God himself. I dont agree with that. Even most my family are like that. till my parents generation completely.
    Even if they know the clergy is wrong. I have seen too many instances. If you have our granddad or grandmom around us, they will twist our ears talking against them. :)

I believe the reason that, Christians in kerala at least are a close knitted group. Clergy can be involved in their personal life, atleast in directly. Business, Education, Favors/Recommendation, Marriages, even during death .:S . So most are afraid to stand up. I dont see this in western christian communities

For some, like me. No. I treat them as humans. If they act like Gods, set them straight.

KS likes this.
  15. ejazr

ejazr Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

A littel offtopic, but I think it is quite objectionable to say that Two Circles or Tehelka "revels" in creating social disharmony.

This news article is reported from the IANS news service and is one of the biggest news service in India. Is IANS now "reveling" in promoting social disharmony? You can see the sourcing on the website itself on link provided.

Twocirles in particular takes a very critical view on Muslim politician and muslim issues and has also done some award winning jounalism of its own. Infact, one of the BJP posters that had photographs of Muslim girls studying was shown to be a photograph taken by a Twocircles photographer from Azamgarh.
    There are many other positive stories on the website as well.
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/the-good-word/760752/

We should refrain from giving blanket labels on media outlets. Particularly since this is a newswire story which is being reported by different media outlets.

16. sesha_maruthi27

sesha_maruthi27 Senior Member Senior Member

The TRUE face of the vatican has been shown through this. They do not care for the people who are dead or who follow their religion. They only care about people of vatican........