Cartoons in the Soviet Union

Tolaha

Same book fair used to happen here as well in those times and lot of Soviet books were there and hence the source for my collection

btw do you have any of those books now? If yes then do you have any pics?
I probably have, it will be in some cupboard in some remote corner of my house! Whenever I'm back, will have a check! I too want to have a look at it, they are too good and should be passed on to the next generation! Hopefully, reading books doesn't go completely out-of-fashion before they grow up!

Tolaha

My grandfather had a lot of books and magazines from the Soviet Union. I remember reading a few of them when I was a kid.
So when I saw this thread and also this one: Magazines from the Soviet Union, it brought back memories. :weep:
Btw what is this fair, I probably was not born at that time but I would like to know.
Exhibition and sale of books published in the Soviet Union. They were a travelling exhibition before the 90s. It would visit my hometown once in a year. They were heavily discounted. Probably it was the Soviet way of building relationship with kids from rest of the world! :D

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Name: The Cossacks at the wedding a walked.

Last edited by a moderator:

amoy

My father's books of architecture were translated from USSR. I still remember the "strange" chapter mark §

According to BBC many former Soviet repulics really fared post-USSR era terribly, except probably Baltic states and Kazakhstan. Some even haven't recovered to 1990 level like Ukraine (Wealth/Health/Democracy) >>> BBC News - Former Soviet republics: Winners and losers

Ukraine -
Health
The health service, centralised under the Soviet Union, struggled to cope with a sharp decline in general health during the painful transition to a market economy. At the end of the 1990s, the health system was reformed and there were improvements in care. But since the 2005 revolution that promised free health care, internal political wrangling has slowed the pace of health care reform.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Ukraine -
No country in the CIS has not restored its economy to the level of 1990. For example, Ukraine's economy fell to 1/4 of the economy of the Ukrainian SSR. Now a strong neutral Ukraine is not beneficial for either Europe or Russia.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Nostalgic Russian Fairy Tales... Little Ivan... Princess Vasilissa... Used to love them!

Still have the translation in Hard Cover!

Akim

Professional
Country flag
"The treasure Island"
Subtitles are not present, but it is possible inc. automatic. He does not always understand and does not always translate correctly, but many read this book and know the plot.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
With subtitles

Akim

Professional
Country flag
...............................................................................................

Global Defence

New threads

Articles