Cannot risk a parallel army in North: Basil

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ha ha ha....... laws... ha ha ha...... that's a good one....... ha ha ha......

there is no point in arguing with you about laws so leave our laws to Sri Lanka... we are not imposing it on India....
Indeed.

That is if you have law that are equitable.

Try imposing your laws on India and then you will not know where to hide!

What are you saying Tamils are birds? It is inhumane to call someone a bird.
[MOD Edit: Are you yearning for a red card?]
No.

You are treating them as caged birds. Revisit your post.

That is because it ensured the rights of the immigrants who came from India to Jaffna so that the immigrants have the authority over the land. This is enacted by the Dutch.
They came to Jaffna? Most modern Sri Lankan Tamils claim descent from residents of Jaffna Kingdom, a former kingdom in the north of the island and Vannimai chieftaincies from the east. They constitute a majority in the Northern Province, live in significant numbers in the Eastern Province, and are in the minority throughout the rest of the country.Kingdom of Aryacakravarti, of modern northern Sri Lanka was a historic monarchy that came into existence around the town of Jaffna on the Jaffna peninsula after the invasion of Magha, who is identified as the founder of the Jaffna kingdom and is said to have been from Kalinga, in India.

Where are the facts?
Apparently you don't read posts.

Revisit my post on Sinhala only.

In equal how?

Equality in education and jobs.

Read this

http://www.sangam.org/taraki/articles/2006/02-24_Socioeconomic_Inequality.pdf

Mostly yeah.
Racism and intolerance is your genetic fault it appears.

No they can rise up to it and die or they can win.

Yeah and we have the right to deny it.

T
he issue is we own the land now.. so your argument is not valid.
And the Tamils own their part of the land.

Got that?

If your theory is finders keepers, losers weepers!

We Sinhalese do not.
You all prove it by being ashamed of your roots and originality.

Shame on those who disown The Pali chronicles, the Dipavamsa, Mahavamsa, Thupavamsa and the Chulavamsa, as well as a large collection of stone inscriptions that gives the Sri Lankan roots.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Before presenting my treatise, let's discuss your treatise. In the above quote Wenzlhuemer say "first Tamils settled at Sri Lanka a few centuries after the first Aryan settlers, who arrived at Sri Lanka in the 5th century BCE." But where are the evidence to prove this. Is there any? or is this a hypothesis?
How can I teach anyone who is ill read about his own history and even denies his roots as in the Pali chronicles, the Dipavamsa, Mahavamsa, Thupavamsa and the Chulavamsa, as well as a large collection of stone inscriptions

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Funny you always pick the end of the conflict scenario. When the war was ongoing it was OK. But the issue now is how we end it. If you want to talk about humanity first you must look into the humanity of IPKF.

Isn't that's when all your humanity goes down the drain Mr. Ray?

No point of arguing this lets stick to the history Mr. Ray.
IPKF came there because who called the IPKF?

You better stick to the topic!

Practice what you preach!

mikhail

Country flag
Funny you always pick the end of the conflict scenario. When the war was ongoing it was OK. But the issue now is how we end it. If you want to talk about humanity first you must look into the humanity of IPKF.

Isn't that's when all your humanity goes down the drain Mr. Ray?

No point of arguing this lets stick to the history Mr. Ray.
i always knew that you were an ignorant brat but nowadays your ignorance has attained a whole new level.
first it was the I.P.K.F. who fought off the LTTE tangos and managed to deter them from controlling the entire Jaffna peninsula.while our valiant forces were fighting these ideologically driven,highly motivated tangos in the jungles of the Jaffna region your SLA was sitting tight in their barracks south of Jaffna desparately praying for the success of the I.P.K.F. in containing these ultras!our forces fought valiantly and eliminated nearly the entire high level leadership of the LTTE and our Special Forces nearly captured Prabhakaran and while they suffered heavily(we lost some 1200 irreplacable soldiers),the Indian Army literally crippled the LTTE fighting power for the next couple of years.
LTTE lost somewhere between 8,000-11,000 fighters in these fightings and it lost its operational effectiveness for nearly two years!
now if it was not for the I.P.K.F. LTTE would have captured Jaffna in a matter of a couple of months and would have declared itself an independent country at that time!

HeinzGud

Country flag
How can I teach anyone who is ill read about his own history and even denies his roots as in the Pali chronicles, the Dipavamsa, Mahavamsa, Thupavamsa and the Chulavamsa, as well as a large collection of stone inscriptions
Why are you running away Mr. Ray say it out loud that you have no source to back up your claims.

HeinzGud

Country flag
They came to Jaffna? Most modern Sri Lankan Tamils claim descent from residents of Jaffna Kingdom, a former kingdom in the north of the island and Vannimai chieftaincies from the east. They constitute a majority in the Northern Province, live in significant numbers in the Eastern Province, and are in the minority throughout the rest of the country.Kingdom of Aryacakravarti, of modern northern Sri Lanka was a historic monarchy that came into existence around the town of Jaffna on the Jaffna peninsula after the invasion of Magha, who is identified as the founder of the Jaffna kingdom and is said to have been from Kalinga, in India.
Where are the sources Mr. Ray? who say this local tamilians? Where are the archeological proofs. Where we Sinhalese have plenty to prove ours.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Where are the sources Mr. Ray? who say this local tamilians? Where are the archeological proofs. Where we Sinhalese have plenty to prove ours.
Dipavamsa, Mahavamsa, Thupavamsa and the Chulavamsa,

THey are bogus?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Coast Veddas and Anuradhapura Veddas head of them?

According to the genesis chronicle of the majority Sinhala people, the Mahavamsa ("Great Chronicle"), written in the 5th century CE, the Pulindas believed to refer to Veddas are descended from Prince Vijaya (6th–5th century BCE), the founding father of the Sinhalese nation, through Kuveni, a woman of the indigenous Yakkha he married. The Mahavansa relates that following the repudiation of Kuveni by Vijaya, in favour of a Kshatriya-caste princess from Pandya, their two children, a boy and a girl, departed to the region of Sumanakuta (Adam's Peak in the Ratnapura District), where they multiplied, giving rise to the Veddas. Anthropologists such as the Seligmanns (The Veddhas 1911) believed the Veddas to be identical with the Yakkha.

Veddas are also mentioned in Robert Knox's history of his captivity by the King of Kandy in the 17th century. Knox described them as "wild men", but also said there was a "tamer sort", and that the latter sometimes served in the king's army.

The Ratnapura District, which is part of the Sabaragamuwa Province, is known to have been inhabited by the Veddas in the distant past. This has been shown by scholars like Nandadeva Wijesekera (Veddhas in transition 1964). The very name Sabaragamuwa is believed to have meant the village of the Sabaras or "forest barbarians". Such place-names as Vedda-gala (Vedda Rock), Vedda-ela (Vedda Canal) and Vedi-kanda (Vedda Mountain) in the Ratnapura District also bear testimony to this. As Wijesekera observes, a strong Vedda element is discernible in the population of Vedda-gala and its environs.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Where exactly they support your theories. Show exact phrases. You can quote if you like.
You must be dumb to give you extract of epics.

Just like some asking me to reproduce the Bible.

The issue is Dipavamsa, Mahavamsa, Thupavamsa and the Chulavamsa, are the accepted chronicles of SL history.

I cannot teach you your own history, if you are totally unaware.

I suggested go back to school/ college.

I am tired to flogging a dead horse to someone who does not know his roots or is educated to know of the same.

The chronicles support evidence that the royal progeny of Vijaya often sought wives from the Pandyan and other Dravidian (Tamil) kingdoms of southern India. The chronicles also tell of an early and constant migration of artisan and mercantile Tamils to Sri Lanka.

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
Coast Veddas and Anuradhapura Veddas head of them?

According to the genesis chronicle of the majority Sinhala people, the Mahavamsa ("Great Chronicle"), written in the 5th century CE, the Pulindas believed to refer to Veddas are descended from Prince Vijaya (6th–5th century BCE), the founding father of the Sinhalese nation, through Kuveni, a woman of the indigenous Yakkha he married. The Mahavansa relates that following the repudiation of Kuveni by Vijaya, in favour of a Kshatriya-caste princess from Pandya, their two children, a boy and a girl, departed to the region of Sumanakuta (Adam's Peak in the Ratnapura District), where they multiplied, giving rise to the Veddas. Anthropologists such as the Seligmanns (The Veddhas 1911) believed the Veddas to be identical with the Yakkha.

Veddas are also mentioned in Robert Knox's history of his captivity by the King of Kandy in the 17th century. Knox described them as "wild men", but also said there was a "tamer sort", and that the latter sometimes served in the king's army.

The Ratnapura District, which is part of the Sabaragamuwa Province, is known to have been inhabited by the Veddas in the distant past. This has been shown by scholars like Nandadeva Wijesekera (Veddhas in transition 1964). The very name Sabaragamuwa is believed to have meant the village of the Sabaras or "forest barbarians". Such place-names as Vedda-gala (Vedda Rock), Vedda-ela (Vedda Canal) and Vedi-kanda (Vedda Mountain) in the Ratnapura District also bear testimony to this. As Wijesekera observes, a strong Vedda element is discernible in the population of Vedda-gala and its environs.
Oh believe me I know about Veddhas better than you. And please do not quote from wiki.

HeinzGud

Country flag
The chronicles support evidence that the royal progeny of Vijaya often sought wives from the Pandyan and other Dravidian (Tamil) kingdoms of southern India. The chronicles also tell of an early and constant migration of artisan and mercantile Tamils to Sri Lanka.
Indeed. Those mentions are reasonable and some are supported by archeological evidence. But the real issue is people like you believe just because there were South Indian migration to Sri Lanka there was a separate Tamil kingdom or separate Tamil settlement in Sri Lanka which was independent until the European colonizers.

That was wrong because there are no archeological, cultural or any other evidence to support such a theory. You people only have a book called Yalpana Vaipana Malayi which was written during Dutch era under their influence. And you people are shamelessly accusing a civilization which has a chronological record mostly support by archeological evidences and a rich history comparable to its Indian counter parts.

Yet still you people believe in something which is a logical fallacy and with no archeological evidences.

amoy

@HeinzGud what's the point in debating about "history", or archeological blah??

All human beings are said to originate from Africa, so what?

Back to the initial post, which is crucially related to the present-day reality
handing over some powers, including those related to police and law enforcement, to the Tamil minority.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeinzGud

Country flag
@HeinzGud what's the point in debating about "history", or archeological blah??

All human beings are said to originate from Africa, so what?

Back to the initial post, which is crucially related to the present-day reality
No country is country without a history. History makes countries and unmade them too.

I do not get the "Back to the initial post, which is crucially related to the present-day reality" part. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

amoy

No country is country without a history. History makes countries and unmade them too.

I do not get the "Back to the initial post, which is crucially related to the present-day reality" part. :)
Fine. I was thinking this thread was on Cannot risk a parallel army in North: Basil

Anyway, those posts on History, Veddas or Archeology are also very interesting.

TrueSpirit

Oh believe me I know about Veddhas better than you. And please do not quote from wiki.
Since wiki relies on multiple sources (most of them mainstream & reputed) & average probability of bias is somewhat lower, so one should not quote from wiki.

Instead, lets quote from propaganda blogs sponsored by chauvinists-supremacists of all breeds, right ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles