Can you believe it! Pakistan Army Chief invites himself to the US

Blackwater

Islamabad: Pakistan Army Chief General Raheel Sharif will visit the US on his own as there was no official invitation either from his American counterpart or the Pentagon, according to defence officials.
“Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif will be visiting Washington from November 16 to 19. Sharif is travelling to Washington of his own volition and Department of Defence officials are meeting with General Raheel at his request,” a Defence Department official told PTI on Tuesday.
Pentagon has received requests for a meeting from Pakistani Embassy on behalf of General Sharif, the official said on the condition of anonymity.
This is one of the rarest of the rare occasions that a Pakistani Army Chief is visiting the US without any invitation. Defence department official said that there is “no official invitation” for General Sharif to visit the US.
“General Sharif requested meetings in Washington and the DoD looks forward to productive discussions related to our bilateral defence relationship. We are working with the Pakistan Embassy here in Washington to develop an appropriate set of meetings with US officials,” the official said.
According to officials, Sharif has requested for meetings with Defence Secretary Ashton Carter, Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff General Joseph Dunford and US Army Chief General Mark A Milley. He is also expected to fly down to the Central Command headquarters in Tampa, Florida.
“As you might expect, we will discuss a range of defence and security issues important to both countries such as the security of Afghanistan and the region given the President’s recent troop announcement as well as Pakistan’s counter terrorism and counterinsurgency efforts,” the Pentagon official said in response to a question.
It is learnt that Sharif on his second visit to the US as the top Pakistani commander has also requested for a meeting with Secretary of State John Kerry and several powerful lawmakers.
Sharif had met Kerry during his visit to the US last year in the first week of December. Sharif, to the surprise of many, had stayed in the US for an unusually longer period of time, which was initially scheduled for about a week in the second half of November 2014.

Blackwater

yeah to chepu pan ki hadd ho gayi.:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

btw has he gone to take permission from papa america:):):) for military coup

Blackwater

Pakistan Army Chief General Raheel Sharif will visit the US on his own as there was no official invitation either from his American counterpart or the Pentagon

Maan Na Maan Mai tera mehmaan.:pound::pound::pound:

sorcerer

Country flag
Didnt the Paki Puppet PM invite himself to USA just a few months back?
:D :D

This is epic!!

BATTLE FIELD

Battle Captain
yes i can believe because its the dumb shameless pakis after all.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Islamabad: Pakistan Army Chief General Raheel Sharif will visit the US on his own as there was no official invitation either from his American counterpart or the Pentagon, according to defence officials.
“Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif will be visiting Washington from November 16 to 19. Sharif is travelling to Washington of his own volition and Department of Defence officials are meeting with General Raheel at his request,” a Defence Department official told PTI on Tuesday.
Pentagon has received requests for a meeting from Pakistani Embassy on behalf of General Sharif, the official said on the condition of anonymity.
This is one of the rarest of the rare occasions that a Pakistani Army Chief is visiting the US without any invitation. Defence department official said that there is “no official invitation” for General Sharif to visit the US.
“General Sharif requested meetings in Washington and the DoD looks forward to productive discussions related to our bilateral defence relationship. We are working with the Pakistan Embassy here in Washington to develop an appropriate set of meetings with US officials,” the official said.
According to officials, Sharif has requested for meetings with Defence Secretary Ashton Carter, Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff General Joseph Dunford and US Army Chief General Mark A Milley. He is also expected to fly down to the Central Command headquarters in Tampa, Florida.
“As you might expect, we will discuss a range of defence and security issues important to both countries such as the security of Afghanistan and the region given the President’s recent troop announcement as well as Pakistan’s counter terrorism and counterinsurgency efforts,” the Pentagon official said in response to a question.
It is learnt that Sharif on his second visit to the US as the top Pakistani commander has also requested for a meeting with Secretary of State John Kerry and several powerful lawmakers.
Sharif had met Kerry during his visit to the US last year in the first week of December. Sharif, to the surprise of many, had stayed in the US for an unusually longer period of time, which was initially scheduled for about a week in the second half of November 2014.

Bhikharis will go uninvited anywhere.
:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Blackwater

5 day un-invited visit.

what a banana republic of pakistan. army chief spend more than politician.

BTW Muslim gairet kithe gayi??? chini pyaar kithe gaya???

ultimately pakis has gone back to their real papa:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Compersion

Country flag
Why discuss coup of Pakistan why not overthrow and take over Saudi Arabia.

Paki Arabia. Don't underestimate the Pakistan and their weapons and importance in Sunni countries.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Pak Army Chief Sharif going to the US with a begging bowl as usual!

But why are the Americans continuously being taken for a ride by the Pak Establishment knowing full well where their doles amounting to billions of dollars are eventually going?

But here's the likely reason......

While both Pakistan and the United States may hope to find some way of prosecuting their interests irrespective of the other, neither has very attractive options.

Pakistan often threatens to embrace China or Saudi Arabia ever-more tightly, but neither of these states seems willing to pick up the tab. In fact, both prefer that the United States continue to shoulder the heavy burden of keeping Pakistan afloat.

While many American policy makers, legislators, and ordinary citizens would like to write off Pakistan for good, this is likely not feasible, due to the enduring threats terrorist groups based in Pakistan pose to regional and international security and the related specter of such militants obtaining nuclear weapons.

And then, China does not want to encourage a complete break between Washington and Islamabad, as it has no interest in taking over America's expensive role in propping up Pakistan.

It seems that Daniel Markey may have put it best: there is "no exit" for either the United States or Pakistan.

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
He must be going on a personal visit to meet his family.....majority of generals from paki army have their families in the west!! Also, they have sprawling businesses over there!

Sameet2

AMerikkka MY Gret test Dost !!!!
LOve FRom yoUR greatest a lies Al BAKIstan !

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I posted the same news on PDF & got banned with my ID erased
Dude, don't get upset.
Accept every ban proudly just like a soldier receives medal. Because it means pakis can't accept reality. :biggrin2:
They have banned me 2 times and its my 3rd ID.
pakis will irritate so much that you have to tight loose wires of their little brain time to time.
Their only aim is to defame India by their stupid green forum.
People like me & you should go there and remind them "aukat-e-pak".
(They first banned me for word aukat-e-pak.)
Third MODs have again warned me for my 3 extremely anti pak comments.

Or I'm about to get a new medal.
We have an awesome thread on DFI for hardcore anti pakis.
Failed Terrorist State of pakistan- Idiotic Musings
Read 5-6 pages of this thread and please post some stupid comments of Mullah Fanboys faced by you.
I'm on the PDF by the name of"Bad Guy".
Tag me whenever needed.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

5 day un-invited visit.

what a banana republic of pakistan. army chief spend more than politician.

BTW Muslim gairet kithe gayi??? chini pyaar kithe gaya???

ultimately pakis has gone back to their real papa:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:
Their real Papa is India. US and China are their uncles.

Also, an.idiot porky yesterday asked me on YouTube that who is mother of pakistan, if India is their dad.
I answered

jinnah
:pound::pound:

aliyah

indian high lvl defense delegation is in US too. Shariff in US too . seems like some back channel talks happening .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles